2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The other silver lining is that Zacha should not be getting a big contract AAV-wise, maybe something similar to what they gave Wood.  Even if he never produces offensively, there's still a role for him on the team.

That's probably about what he'll get, though part of me says he doesn't even deserve that, Miles "almost" had a 20 goal season. 

I'd be ok with not landing Nylander, I wouldn't get upset if we did, of course, but if we are going to spend some dollars, I wouldn't mind doing it on defense at this point. 

Kind of amazing that it's been that long since the Flyers last won a Cup...look at their history and they've made the playoffs a ton, and had some really good teams (the 1979-80 Flyers lost just three out of their first 50 games...they started off with 35 wins, 3 losses, and 12 ties)...not that constantly making the playoffs means everything (especially when 16 out of 21 teams were making it for a while), but not like they've had a lot of extended droughts.

Doesn't mean that I don't love the fact that they likely celebrated their last Cup win wearing both leisure suits and lamp-chop sideburns.  I would give that guy every last bit of my candy if he showed up to my place on Halloween.  That costume is fvcking outstanding. 

• Like 1

I saw that the oilers were sending down Jesse Puljarvi and I was thinking "are the still persevering with that guy?" and then remembered that was Magnus Paajarvi (the oilers are incredible at screwing up tallent players). 

And when I googled his name this came up...Screenshot_20181030-164926.thumb.png.d9bc04fa7ce82a0ae700defe4fe15d0c.png

Most went for Taylor, but a few weren't so sure. Made me chuckle. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It's historically inaccurate. Rangers suck, Flyers swallow. 

Or so I've heard.

Pretty sure Crosby watches.  Allegedly.

Heh heh, I could grow a better beard than that when I was fourteen.  Probably thirteen.

Hey, you two...there's this crazy thing called BIRTH CONTROL.  Give it a try sometime...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/woman-suing-sharks-kane-claims-he-owes-dollar3-million-for-abortion/ar-BBPbYZ8?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Eh in these days I would rather wait to reserve judgement.

I'm not really judging the guy, but whole thing does seems a tad bit bizarre.  But yeah, could be one of those stories that ultimately falls apart in time.  We'll find out soon enough. 

52 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If my math is correct, you can beat that by scoring two goals in 1 second. 

can someone do the math and back me up? otherwise I can do it on my lunch break. 

I went to the local university here on my lunch break and talked to the Advanced Calc professor.  He spent about 40 minutes going over equations and when he was done his chalkboard had no room left on it, but he came to the conclusion that no, no you cannot score 2 goals in less than 2 seconds.  #MythBusted