2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's amazing how much people still don't care about what they say even when they know they are being recorded.  Example is that when I go on business trips 2-6 times a year these days, my company hires a limo company to have a black car take me to and from the airport from my house.  Almost always it is just literally me and the driver and I live about 50-60 minutes from Newark Airport and all of these cars have a camera in the front recording the entire time installed by the limo company.  Way too many times the drivers just talk about whatever comes to mind including pretty intimate details about their lives.  One time after the driver picked me up, he proceeded to tell me about every single sexual conquest he has ever had in his life (he was in his late 50's) for the entire drive home.  I was ready to jump out of the car and onto rt 78 halfway through.

Yeah, maybe its just me, but i don't want to have a conversation with a driver. I just want them to drive me where I need to be. Every once in a while I get a guy (almost always going to the airport) who wants to talk about everything. I really don't like it. 

But, if I were so inclined, I could vent about my boss without anyone knowing who that was, because I don't play in the NHL. Those guys were so stupid. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, maybe its just me, but i don't want to have a conversation with a driver. I just want them to drive me where I need to be. Every once in a while I get a guy (almost always going to the airport) who wants to talk about everything. I really don't like it. 

But, if I were so inclined, I could vent about my boss without anyone knowing who that was, because I don't play in the NHL. Those guys were so stupid. 

Yeah I am the same way where I rather just check my phone or listen to music rather than talk to the driver.  It is always awkward and a lot of times I just want to relax right before or right after stepping onto a plane.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. STFU and drive.

• Like 3

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Agreed. STFU and drive.

Rihanna did have a fair point there...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Thank you, I am just playing that on my phone next time. 

And if that doesn't work, Mars Attacks Jack Nicholson can't hurt...

• Like 2

Of course it was a real d*ck move by the driver to do that. But as NHL players and public figures they're complete idiots for not having the common sense to realize not to have that conversation in front of a complete stranger.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

Uber driver is absolutely an ass and deserves to be fired but these guys had no common sense either. The guy even asked them what team they played for. I have no problems with what the players said but they could have waited 5 mins and had the conversation amongst themselves instead of doing it in front of a stranger. 

It's 2018, anyone who even follows the news once in awhile knows that we are basically being recorded at all times when we are out in public. People who are public figures should already be even more aware of this by now. 

I also detest talking to drivers when I just want to get from one place to another and I always try to have my headphones on even if I don't have music playing. Don't care if the drivers think I'm rude or not, I'm not interested in your life story. If I don't have them I usually give one word answers and people get the idea pretty quickly. I also rate drivers worse who don't get the hint.

Edited by Satans Hockey

9 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

He'll get another job. Bowman should be next to.

Guy will make 6 mil this, and next season.  If I were him, screw it I be chillin for awhile. Mike Yeo is probably next to go.

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Uber driver is absolutely an ass and deserves to be fired but these guys had no common sense either. The guy even asked them what team they played for. I have no problems with what the players said but they could have waited 5 mins and had the conversation amongst themselves instead of doing it in front of a stranger. 

It's 2018, anyone who even follows the news once in awhile knows that we are basically being recorded at all times when we are out in public. People who are public figures should already be even more aware of this by now. 

I also detest talking to drivers when I just want to get from one place to another and I always try to have my headphones on even if I don't have music playing. Don't care if the drivers think I'm rude or not, I'm not interested in your life story. If I don't have them I usually give one word answers and people get the idea pretty quickly. I also rate drivers worse who don't get the hint.

Yeah It's like if you go through your wife's phone and find out that she's sleeping with your dad. Then you confront her about it and she's now trying to give you sh!t for going through her phone lol

you both sucks! 

Pettersson gets his 10th goal in as many games.

https://streamable.com/dnely

Canadian hype is out of control already, people consider him the runaway best player in the draft already.  I'll say this - he certainly seems to possess more raw dynamic skill than Nico and Nolan.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Also, during the first intermission of the Ducks Wild game, the Ducks team interviewed the artist who has designed the masks for a decade or two now. They were talking about Gibson’s veteran’s day mask and he broke down saying how much it means to him because of his grandfather and it’s the least he can do to honor vets. I, for obvious reasons to most, hold this and the other two “holidays” near and dear, so this was really cool to me.

• Like 2

So Jesse Puljujärvi seems to playing his way out of Edmonton.. it sounds like they may be demoting him to the AHL soon to 'regain his confidence'.  Sound familiar?

I have zero clue as to whether the value is there - or if it's something we'd even want to do - but do you guys think there's a deal to be made around Zacha for Puljujärvi?  I admittedly don't watch a ton of Oilers games so I don't know much about him besides his draft pedigree.  I imagine a guy like @Triumph might know a bit about him.

But these are two young guys who might greatly benefit from a change of scenery. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So Jesse Puljujärvi seems to playing his way out of Edmonton.. it sounds like they may be demoting him to the AHL soon to 'regain his confidence'.  Sound familiar?

I have zero clue as to whether the value is there - or if it's something we'd even want to do - but do you guys think there's a deal to be made around Zacha for Puljujärvi?  I admittedly don't watch a ton of Oilers games so I don't know much about him besides his draft pedigree.  I imagine a guy like @Triumph might know a bit about him.

But these are two young guys who might greatly benefit from a change of scenery. 

I don’t think Edmonton does it just for the fear of another infamous “The trade is one for one” scenario 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This article, in relation to Nico, annoys me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but it still annoys me.

https://www.tsn.ca/core-4-under-24-what-we-got-wrong-in-2017-1.1209103

What a ridiculous article. It’s ‘clear’ that Pettersson is better than Nico? What, why? Because he’s had a fast start to his ten-game NHL career? Meanwhile Nico only helped his linemate win the Hart and centered the top line on a playoff team as an 18_yr old.  Lazy Canadian bias.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, devlman said:

What a ridiculous article. It’s ‘clear’ that Pettersson is better than Nico? What, why? Because he’s had a fast start to his ten-game NHL career? Meanwhile Nico only helped his linemate win the Hart and centered the top line on a playoff team as an 18_yr old.  Lazy Canadian bias.

He’s played all of 10 games, had a ridiculous shooting percentage in those 10 games, and is built like a fvcking string bean that happens to be on a water diet. The Canadian media needs a chill pill. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, devlman said:

Its clear he's been better in the handful of games this season. That's about it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s played all of 10 games, had a ridiculous shooting percentage in those 10 games, and is built like a fvcking string bean that happens to be on a water diet. The Canadian media needs a chill pill. 

I'm still more impressed with Nico's full season as a 200ft player who put up 52 pts at 18 years old having never played professional hockey in NA over Pettersson's really impressive offense in a handful of games 

• Like 4