2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

12 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Dunno, they're gonna lose a couple vets in Marleau and Hainsey either this year or next, and Gardiner, Kapanen, and Johnsson are pretty good pieces that figure to be part of their core moving forward.  I think the only saving grace for them is that some of those guys are finishing up their ELC's, so they may be able to get some of them on the cheap.  But it's still a tall order to get all of them signed.

Hainsey and Marleau are place holders and won’t be missed. Gardiner, Kapanen, and Johnsson won’t be terribly expensive. They’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

I mean, 'worst' case scenario is that the Leafs trade established tertiary players for talented guys with upside on ELCs.

I used to have to do this in Be A GM mode in the NHL franchise all the time  - I'm kind of an expert.  The Leafs should probably hire me as an adviser tbh.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:23 PM, jagknife said:

Bro I laugh st my school when they ask for donations, they couldn’t even help me get a job and now i work in nothing related to my field.

BTW your school was mine’s first BIG10 win...

I do the same, man.  I'll get a letter in the mail from Rutgers asking for a donation that I clearly can't afford because the next letter I open says hey, remember that you still owe Rutgers tens of thousands.

10 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Thoughts, I would say 5-7 games, similar but not quite the same as leaving the bench imo.

I don't know, you go after a bench full of guys, that's kinda what you should expect. Supplemental discipline for that?? Come on now. 

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

They grabbed his stick to start the whole thing.

You see this? THIS is the type of sh!t I’d like to see from the Devils every once in a while, particularly in a game like tonight’s. Being a fvcking d!ck for pretty much no reason to your opponent is dying out, and it needs a revival. 

• Like 1

Just read that the cap is rumoured to go up to 83m next year... I mean godamnit WHY do they keep raising it?! there's still teams struggling to reach the floor. There's no reasons other than giving some leeway to the top teams to get better and better. And it's raising the players salary and we'll be heading into another lockout soon enough

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kracken is SOOOOOO lame..... Seattle Pilots or fvck off.

Rumors from the Seattle media down at the meetings are thinking the Metropolitans.

I get its a hat tip to the team they had however long ago it was, but its such a lame name. (Sorry Mets fans....)

I like the Pilots

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Rumors from the Seattle media down at the meetings are thinking the Metropolitans.

I get its a hat tip to the team they had however long ago it was, but its such a lame name. (Sorry Mets fans....)

I like the Pilots

Were they as important to Seattle as the Bullfrogs were to NJ? If so you have to pay them proper homage. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Just read that the cap is rumoured to go up to 83m next year... I mean godamnit WHY do they keep raising it?! there's still teams struggling to reach the floor. There's no reasons other than giving some leeway to the top teams to get better and better. And it's raising the players salary and we'll be heading into another lockout soon enough

This also destroys any supposed ability we had to try and leverage cap-strapped teams for roster players.

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

This also destroys any supposed ability we had to try and leverage cap-strapped teams for roster players.

Every year we hear about how we’ll do this... and every year the cap goes up. Might be time for a new player acquisition strategy.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Every year we hear about how we’ll do this... and every year the cap goes up. Might be time for a new player acquisition strategy.

Don't worry guys, we're gonna be in great shape coming out of the next lockout when the owners demand the cap drops $15-$20 million!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

There already was a team named the Seals once, so I don't think it would work again.

Metropolitans is the best of the bunch.

If they really want to make a power move, they should name themselves the Whalers haha. Vancouver would piss themselves! In 2018 people would probably have a heart attack with such an "environmentally insensitive" name though.