2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He’s actually performing and scoring after a new contact.

wish our holdout would do the freaking same

Yeah but can Reaves do this starfish attempted hit while missing by several feet (being kind). Maybe he'd be better off in the WWE?

vxj987.jpg&key=a0cc7adaccff5ee9a19087068

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Everyone should take a look at the standings today.  Take a close look at Anaheim.  15-10-5, 30 games played, 2nd in the Pacific division.  The important part though is "W5".  They're on a 5 game winning streak.  That's 10 points they picked up, meaning prior to this streak, roughly a week or two ago, they were 10--10-5, with 25 games played and 25 points.  Now look at us in the standings.  26 games played, and 23 points.  Very close to that.  Now, a 5 game winning streak seems like the furthest thing from happening at the moment, but it just goes to show, a few wins strung together and suddenly the outlook can change pretty drastically.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Everyone should take a look at the standings today.  Take a close look at Anaheim.  15-10-5, 30 games played, 2nd in the Pacific division.  The important part though is "W5".  They're on a 5 game winning streak.  That's 10 points they picked up, meaning prior to this streak, roughly a week or two ago, they were 10--10-5, with 25 games played and 25 points.  Now look at us in the standings.  26 games played, and 23 points.  Very close to that.  Now, a 5 game winning streak seems like the furthest thing from happening at the moment, but it just goes to show, a few wins strung together and suddenly the outlook can change pretty drastically.  

And we get to play Anaheim this weekend.... yaaaaay. 😖

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And we get to play Anaheim this weekend.... yaaaaay. 😖

I left that part out, because it's just so fitting. Goes back to what I said the other day about us having quite a bit of bad luck, and just wrong place wrong time.  So many times we run into these buzzsaws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Those are UGLY as fvck holy sh!t, why does everyone love these?

For me, its different and I like the color scheme.

Plus, for some unexplained reason, I like the logo too. When I was a kid, I had a totem pole or two, but those years are long gone and still, no clue why I like it.

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The Sonics colors are exactly what I think they should go with.

Me too.  Either that, or something similar to the Mariners/Seahawks.  I will really hate it if they go with a red/black scheme.  It just doesn't seem to fit the area, outside of some vague Native American reference, which really doesn't have any ties to hockey.

• Like 2

Timo Meier has become a point per game player this year. Thinking back to the 2015 draft, I remember that it seemed that there were 4 players that the Devils could possibly select at 6 overall: Zacha, Rantanen, Barzal, and Meier. I suppose Crouse was in the mix too, but that was more of a perceived nightmare scenario. I also felt that any of the defensemen were even less likely.

All of 3 of those other players are or have been point/game players at the NHL to this point. Zacha really needs to get it going soon, and find some consistency. I never would have thought that Zacha would be closer to the guy I was praying we wouldn't take than to Barzal or Rantanen.

10 hours ago, nessus said:

Timo Meier has become a point per game player this year. Thinking back to the 2015 draft, I remember that it seemed that there were 4 players that the Devils could possibly select at 6 overall: Zacha, Rantanen, Barzal, and Meier. I suppose Crouse was in the mix too, but that was more of a perceived nightmare scenario. I also felt that any of the defensemen were even less likely.

All of 3 of those other players are or have been point/game players at the NHL to this point. Zacha really needs to get it going soon, and find some consistency. I never would have thought that Zacha would be closer to the guy I was praying we wouldn't take than to Barzal or Rantanen.

yeah i was hoping maybe we could take him cause he was playing for Halifax at the time and i saw him play quite a bit in the Q and could have see him play more say he didnt make the team right away.

But... we got Zacha... who had 34 pts in 37 games instead of Meier who got 90 pts in 61 games... fvck Conte. Why you'd want to draft a forward who's not even a point per game in juniors with a top 10 pick...... i don't fvcking know.