2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

8 points in 29GP...

Butcher & Severson>Shattenkirk 

Going back to last season, it's now 14 points in his last 57 GP...he had 17 in his first 18 GP as a Ranger. 

I've brought it up before, but the lone saving grace is that his contract isn't abysmally long...only two years after this one.  Too bad...any disaster at the Rangers' expense is always a most welcome one. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/new-york-rangers-shattenkirk-still-struggling/

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Tarasenko has a cap hit of $7.5 million over the next five seasons (this one included).  He has a NTC that kicks in, starting next season.  Only 26 years old.

Any interest here?  Curious to see what the Blues would be looking for.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

48 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Tarasenko has a cap hit of $7.5 million over the next five seasons (this one included).  He has a NTC that kicks in, starting next season.  Only 26 years old.

Any interest here?  Curious to see what the Blues would be looking for.

I'd absolutely take him. Probably cost us a fortune, though

27 minutes ago, devlman said:

My bad didn’t realize it was well into the arena’s life. Barclays is still a dump though

Barclays is alright.  They have better food options for sure and it does still feel ultra-modern 6-7 years in while the Prudential Center already started to look a little outdated only a couple years in.  The only gripes outside of the obvious sightline issues are that the upper deck is too steep and dark and that the upper concourse is too narrow, especially at the ends of the rink.

20 hours ago, fsu1852 said:

The St. Louis Blues have informed teams that all players are available, including Vladimir Tarasenko, per Jeremy Rutherford. #STlBluesStLouisBluesNHL.png

There's quite a few players off that Blues team that I like, obviously Tarasenko and Pietrangelo at the top of the list. O'Reilly, Schenn, and Parayko are all great as well, I really like Jaden Schwartz but I feel like he's had some injury issues which is a red flag.

In terms of who the Blues top players are, it fits what the Devils need pretty well (RW, top 6 center, stud defenseman), I just can't imagine what it would take to get someone like Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, or Parayko. If I were Ray, I'd obviously be kicking the tires though, Blues have a ton of good pieces and if they're selling off I would love to get one of them.

31 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

There's quite a few players off that Blues team that I like, obviously Tarasenko and Pietrangelo at the top of the list. O'Reilly, Schenn, and Parayko are all great as well, I really like Jaden Schwartz but I feel like he's had some injury issues which is a red flag.

In terms of who the Blues top players are, it fits what the Devils need pretty well (RW, top 6 center, stud defenseman), I just can't imagine what it would take to get someone like Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, or Parayko. If I were Ray, I'd obviously be kicking the tires though, Blues have a ton of good pieces and if they're selling off I would love to get one of them.

What about a guy like Bortuzzo as well? He's a really big defenseman who can play physical. Something Devils really lack. Every time NJ plays the Blues I see him pushing the small guys around.

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

What about a guy like Bortuzzo as well? He's a really big defenseman who can play physical. Something Devils really lack. Every time NJ plays the Blues I see him pushing the small guys around.

I was going to mention him as well - the article about Shattenkirk being healthy and maybe overrated alluded to Bortuzzo protecting other d-men on his team and being a big reason why some of his small linemates were able to excel. I couldn't help but think that maybe that would pay dividends and do the same thing for a guy like Butcher - he's obviously on the smaller side but perhaps playing with a bigger defenseman opposite him would allow him to play his game more freely. 

What's lurking in your stadium food?

"ESPN's Outside the Lines reviewed and collected more than 16,000 food-safety inspection reports from health departments that monitor the 111 professional football, baseball, basketball and hockey facilities across North America. "

The Prudential Center had the least violations of all NHL arenas

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

What's lurking in your stadium food?

"ESPN's Outside the Lines reviewed and collected more than 16,000 food-safety inspection reports from health departments that monitor the 111 professional football, baseball, basketball and hockey facilities across North America. "

The Prudential Center had the least violations of all NHL arenas

That is actually surprising. Way to go pru staff!

On a related, sort of, I went to MSG last week for a Knicks game and as much as I want to hate on the place it was actually kind of nice. Granted, we were in the club seats. I still made sure I made plenty of fun of the "Worlds most famous bathroom"" regardless.