2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Can you really blame us though? We've been abused so much by our big free agents walking away.

Yeah I can. After a while it gets annoying, and I’ve been through every UFA up and leaving too. The self-loathing, woe is me attitude from Devils fans gets on my nerves. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hall isn’t going anywhere. The PTSD with Devils fans is really ridiculous sometimes. 

56 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The self-loathing, woe is me attitude from Devils fans gets on my nerves. 

In case my previous 8,000 posts made it unclear, I was being sarcastic. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Frankly, I am in the camp of not really caring all that much if Hall stays or not.

I am, because injuries aside, this team has a clear bounce in their step with him in the lineup. On the flipside, however, a few players do rely on him to shoulder the burden of scoring, for example.

If we lost him and Palms, we'd be in deep sh!t, IMO.

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He'd better talk to Hall quickly lol. 

I read this as "he should talk to Hall to learn geography and maybe it'd help" not "he should talk to Hall to get him to want to move"

I dunno, I'm tired...

The Blue Jackets are in a very tough spot right now cause Bob is 100% not re-signing with them and Panarin won't sign until the end of the season. They want to make the playoffs but they have to trade those 2 guys and get assets for them. The chance of them winning this year is not good enough for them to see that much assets in their prime walking away. Unlike the Islanders where Tavares apparently told them not to trade him ? Colombus knows Bob is not re-signing and Panarin they have to give him an ultimatum or trade him.

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I have absolutely no hope of Panarin signing here. We'd need 2 solid top centers for that to happen cause only him or Hall can have Nico and then there's nothing impressive and that's what wingers want

Unless we land Hughes. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

The Blue Jackets are in a very tough spot right now cause Bob is 100% not re-signing with them and Panarin won't sign until the end of the season. They want to make the playoffs but they have to trade those 2 guys and get assets for them. The chance of them winning this year is not good enough for them to see that much assets in their prime walking away. Unlike the Islanders where Tavares apparently told them not to trade him ? Colombus knows Bob is not re-signing and Panarin they have to give him an ultimatum or trade him.

They are definitely in a tough spot, but at least their players have given the team a heads up...unlike some other players that said they wanted to stay and ended up being lost in FA for nothing....Tavares included in that company.

8 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I think too many women these days use "mansplaining" way too much these days when such a thing didn't really happen.

However, this is one of those rare times where I think it legit was happening and 100% cringe-worthy.

More awkward Pierre being awkward Pierre than "mansplaining". It's like he has never spoken to a woman before. 100% cringe is accurate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's worse that he explained which bench which team is going to be on considering she's a 2x Olympic gold winner in hockey, I think she knows her left from her right lol

Up front, I'll admit I didn't see the skills competition, but I remember a backlash last weekend about how he treated her following her fastest skater round.

I wish he'd actually suffer something resembling discipline for being an obnoxious douche, even before this. But also, him telling her she can't be a fan, meanwhile he absolutely gushes over certain players, is ironic at best.

7 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

More awkward Pierre being awkward Pierre than "mansplaining". It's like he has never spoken to a woman before. 100% cringe is accurate.

I think this is right. It was like he had no idea what to say. Bad job by him but honestly, I wouldn’t have thought that was so offensive. 

She said she thought nothing if it until people brought it to her attention; I don’t think I would have either had it not been presented in that context. I just would’ve thought he was awful at his job. 

• Like 1