2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

Hadn't realized how much Parise's bounceback year has really stalled as of late...after notching 19 goals and 19 assists in his first 39 GP of the season, he's only managed 5 goals and 12 assists in his last 30.  Maybe some of that is his luck evening out...he was shooting 15.7% in the first 39 games, and only 5.5% since...he's now at 11.3% for the season, which is a hair below his career rate of 11.4%.  But hard to imagine that this has worked out anywhere near as well as the Wild hoped.  He's become injury-prone (he's missed 90 regular season games over the last six years, including this one), and his production will never be what it was in his prime...with lots of years left on his deal. 

On 12/14/2018 at 9:58 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh for sure, but that wasn't predicted for him when he was drafted.  Hell, Trevor Kidd was the #1 goalie on a lot of draft boards that year.

I don't think he was on ours though. I think it was something like 1. Brodeur 2. Dunham 3. Potvin. But I don't think he was totally fully sold on any of those guys so he thought by taking 2 one of them was sure to work out. The door wasn't totally closed on Burke at the time though he was losing faith in him. And Terreri while decent just didn't have the size. I have no clue who he was paying off to be listed as 5'9 170

Edited by '7'

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

wow if Chiarelli gets another job in hockey other than sharpening skates it goes to show you what an old boys club hockey executives are.

Disagree completely. His hockey knowledge is so limited, he should not be allowed to sharpen skates. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/23/2019 at 10:22 PM, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

wow if Chiarelli gets another job in hockey other than sharpening skates it goes to show you what an old boys club hockey executives are.

I would be all for it if it means the Blues send us Alex Pietrangelo for Pavel Zacha.  <--- not meant as a shot at Zacha as I really liked Larsson too.    

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

67E742AA-5421-4860-956C-B84CA6EFACC2.gif

What the hell's the backstory to that?  Isn't Doughty like 30 or something by now, and Tkachuk is what, 22? 24?  What beef could they possibly have with Tkachuk being in the league a year or two?  Feel like Doughty would have had more in common and played against Keith more than he did Matthew, but maybe that's just me being old.

Edited by NJDfan1711

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

What the hell's the backstory to that?  Isn't Doughty like 30 or something by now, and Tkachuk is what, 22? 24?  What beef could they possibly have with Tkachuk being in the league a year or two?  Feel like Doughty would have had more in common and played against Keith more than he did Matthew, but maybe that's just me being old.

I was like WTF is he smoking... until I looked up that Tkachuk retired in 2010. Seems like so much longer ago lol. Matthew is, generally, considered a dirty a&#036;&#036;hole by a lot of people so this doesn't really surprise me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was like WTF is he smoking... until I looked up that Tkachuk retired in 2010. Seems like so much longer ago lol. Matthew is, generally, considered a dirty a&#036;&#036;hole by a lot of people so this doesn't really surprise me. 

The Tkachuk brothers also have very punchable faces.  

• Like 6

MoJo back in for the Bruins tonight...curious to see what kind of interest there will be in him this offseason.  Assuming he plays in all six of the Bruins' remaining games, that's just 87 regular season GP over the past two seasons combined.  And obviously his production has been affected...17 G and 25 A in 81 GP since the start of 2017-18.  He may have to take a one-year "Show me" kind of deal somewhere. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 7:07 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

Doughty is bitchy cause Matt hit him high and didn’t get suspended either earlier this year or last season

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They're teaching them to be a&#036;&#036;holes at a young age down in Philthy.

I think I know who Lady Gaga was thinking about when she penned "Born This Way"...

• Haha 3

On 3/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, NJDfan1711 said:

I'd be pissed too if i was Doughty

• Like 2

@DevsMan84 This is for you.  I know you don't like me, but from now on you can never say anything bad about me as long as we both continue to post here :D  You're welcome...

...A buddy of mine works for the Blue Jackets selling corporate tickets and he said this morning their GM came in and told everyone that Kinkaid was starting in net tomorrow against the Bruins.  They believed him.

kk.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

@DevsMan84 This is for you.  I know you don't like me, but from now on you can never say anything bad about me as long as we both continue to post here :D  You're welcome...

...A buddy of mine works for the Blue Jackets selling corporate tickets and he said this morning their GM came in and told everyone that Kinkaid was starting in net tomorrow against the Bruins.  They believed him.

kk.jpg

Wow my man got totally mocked by the infrastructure of his own team...

• Like 1