2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, even my buddy said it was super fvcked up, and hoped Keith didn't walk through the office.  I gotta admit, that's pretty damn harsh.

Your buddy is getting blocked by Kink on Twitter. 😂

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, even my buddy said it was super fvcked up, and hoped Keith didn't walk through the office.  I gotta admit, that's pretty damn harsh.

Damn, this is now the rock bottom of rock bottom for KK.  I feel for the guy...hasn't played in how friggin' long, and now in-house jokes are coming at his expense.  I'll admit it, if I'm him, that's a pretty tough one to laugh off...it's pretty disrespectful.  Not like the guy's been openly bitching about not getting to play from what I've seen, and it's probably been really hard for him to be getting starter-type minutes, then getting completely mothballed...not saying his play did him any favors, but geez, your own organization kicking you hard while you're down...yeah, pretty damn harsh indeed.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5

Interesting move by Adam Fox who appears to be saying that he’ll forego his senior year if he gets traded to a team he wants to play for before the season ends.

I assume this is kosher except for the fact that whatever compensation gets exchanged can’t participate in the playoffs, correct?  If so, it’s actually a fairly solid move on Fox’s part where he gets what he wants and the Canes will get meaningful compensation in return.

Wonder if something like our second rounder and Quenneville gets it done, if Castron et al think he’s all that good.  You’d think they’ve seen a lot of him over the past two years.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:22 PM, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

wow if Chiarelli gets another job in hockey other than sharpening skates it goes to show you what an old boys club hockey executives are.

I mean it'll just prove what everyone already suspects - that NHL management really is an "old boys" club or whatever.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:29 AM, NJDevils1214 said:

They're teaching them to be a$$holes at a young age down in Philthy.

Having lived in this dirty, sh!t city for a few years now.. can confirm kids must be raised to be a$$holes early on.

I've never seen a group of people like the residents of Philly who just don't have a fvck to give about anything besides their own interests.

18 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Damn, this is now the rock bottom of rock bottom for KK.  I feel for the guy...hasn't played in how friggin' long, and now in-house jokes are coming at his expense.  I'll admit it, if I'm him, that's a pretty tough one to laugh off...it's pretty disrespectful.  Not like the guy's been openly bitching about not getting to play from what I've seen, and it's probably been really hard for him to be getting starter-type minutes, then getting completely mothballed...not saying his play did him any favors, but geez, your own organization kicking you hard while you're down...yeah, pretty damn harsh indeed.   

I mean by all accounts he's been a good soldier like you guys have said.. 

To me this is incredibly bush-league and disrespectful.  So clearly they're not going to re-sign KK - why sh!t on him publicly like that?

Feel really bad for KK as far as his being his UFA season.. had he stuck it out with the Devils and looked average he probably could've gotten himself another payday somewhere else.

Now what?  He's more likely to get dropped by his agent than sign a multi-year deal somewhere... yikes.

15 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Oh well... i was already planning on laughing my ass off when all their top players walk this summer due to their horrible management and decision making but now im going to have an extra chuckle

I was so looking forward to them missing the playoffs.  Can still happen I suppose but, yeah, watching them completely implode in July should be fun.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

@DevsMan84 This is for you.  I know you don't like me, but from now on you can never say anything bad about me as long as we both continue to post here :D  You're welcome...

...A buddy of mine works for the Blue Jackets selling corporate tickets and he said this morning their GM came in and told everyone that Kinkaid was starting in net tomorrow against the Bruins.  They believed him.

kk.jpg

spacer.png

• Haha 2

On 4/3/2019 at 8:46 AM, jagknife said:

What would be epic would be for KK to mock their Jackets playoff* losses on Twitter like I did to him, then end it with the hashtag April Fools

*- they actually have to make it first

I mean he'd literally be torching the bridge as he left down, but hell.. why not? 

Then again, when Bob leaves town maybe they panic-sign KK to a multi-year deal or something.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That's a shame, I really hate this format but if they are just waiting for Seattle to come in and then are going to change the format again I guess it makes sense to just wait until it's an even amount of teams in each conference when they join the West. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

Sather to step down, that is some really bad news, unless they get Chiarelli. Rangers fans are rejoicing at the moment on this news.

Sather hasn’t made a hockey decision there in three years. Jeff Gordon is in charge with the Rags.

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sather hasn’t made a hockey decision there in three years. Jeff Gordon is in charge with the Rags.

Not sure Sather was capable of not adding his two cents into every big move they've made.  I have no faith in Gorton so as a devil fan I think we're still ok regardless of Sather.

At the same time our front office has to show some meaningful progress this off season or my opinion of them will continue to sink to new lows.

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I hate Brad Marchand, but not as much as I hate the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I used to hate them in the Domi days. Not so much anymore. At least not as much as any team with rat face. Also, Boston sports fans are beyond spoiled. And in my experience, most of them couldn’t give two sh!ts about hockey. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I used to hate them in the Domi days. Not so much anymore. At least not as much as any team with rat face. Also, Boston sports fans are beyond spoiled. And in my experience, most of them couldn’t give two sh!ts about hockey. 

I hated them then, I hate them now, and I’ll always hate them.... and yes, Boston sports fans are spoiled and annoying, but they most definitely care about hockey. My sister lives up there, so I spend a good amount of time in the Boston area. It’s as good a hockey market as there is in the U.S.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I hated them then, I hate them now, and I’ll always hate them.... and yes, Boston sports fans are spoiled and annoying, but they most definitely care about hockey. My sister lives up there, so I spend a good amount of time in the Boston area. It’s as good a hockey market as there is in the U.S.

I guess I should have said compared to other sports. There’s obviously diehards everywhere, especially in an original 6 city, but I wonder if the average Boston sports fan could name 5 players for the Bruins...

like I said though, this is in my admittedly small experience with Boston fans.