Sign in to follow this  
jagknife

2018-19 Around the League Thread

4 hours ago, eaglejelly said:

Not a single game on a Friday night. Well done NHL schedule planners, well done!

Yeah I typically scroll through the schedule a few days in advance to see if there's any games I might want to catch coming up, particularly on the weekends if I'm either at the bar or in general can just stay up later to watch since I don't have to get up early the next day, and when I saw there were literally zero games on this night I was pretty stunned.  Makes absolutely no sense to me.  Brand new season, a week in, and they don't have even one game on.  Pretty embarrassing and a glaring oversight if you ask me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah I typically scroll through the schedule a few days in advance to see if there's any games I might want to catch coming up, particularly on the weekends if I'm either at the bar or in general can just stay up later to watch since I don't have to get up early the next day, and when I saw there were literally zero games on this night I was pretty stunned.  Makes absolutely no sense to me.  Brand new season, a week in, and they don't have even one game on.  Pretty embarrassing and a glaring oversight if you ask me.

Even if that dogsh!t other league that starts around now and ends after we do, started tonight, we should have had an NBC garbage game of Florida vs Arizona to reel all those other viewers in

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is pretty lame as far as the subject, good article and video on TSN though:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-on-watson-appeal-we-are-disappointed-1.1190739

His suspension should have been reduced more, as there was very little physical contact involved.  I know recent events suggest I’m crazy, but I believe you should, y’know, look at what someone actually did in meting out punishment. 

The league is obviously trying to set the table for a de facto life time ban for Voynov, which would not be unjustified. It just made a mistake in trying to make an example of someone who shouldn’t have been made an example of.

Edited by Daniel

8 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I guess we will just watch some movies....

The Islanders have signed Stephen Gionta, yet again - 1 year, 2-way. 

@AGrossNewsday  #Isles Lou Lamoriello on Stephen Gionta, signed off a PTO today: "He wasn’t in our plans at all this year and asked to come to camp and certainly just stuck with it the whole time...He’ll go to Bridgeport and certainly will teach young players how to be pros." 

On 10/13/2018 at 1:14 PM, LittleBallofHate said:

The Islanders have signed Stephen Gionta, yet again - 1 year, 2-way. 

@AGrossNewsday  #Isles Lou Lamoriello on Stephen Gionta, signed off a PTO today: "He wasn’t in our plans at all this year and asked to come to camp and certainly just stuck with it the whole time...He’ll go to Bridgeport and certainly will teach young players how to be pros." 

Uncle Lou sure likes things familiar to him.