Sign in to follow this  
jagknife

2018-19 Around the League Thread

Any Kane's related news in the NHL that is not hockey related is always entertaining

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Any Kane's related news in the NHL that is not hockey related is always entertaining

My first thought was “At least this Kane does it consensually”. 

• Like 1

I think Kane should get another side chick. 3m for a lay is a bit expensive. condoms, contraception pills or pulling out is a lot cheaper

Edited by SterioDesign

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I think Kane should get another side chick. 3m for a lay is a bit expensive. condoms, contraception pills or pulling out is a lot cheaper

Stormy Daniels was a bargain compared to that

• Like 1

Montreal scored two goals two seconds apart yesterday. 😳 

45 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Montreal scored two goals two seconds apart yesterday. 😳 

One was an empty net, but still -- I think that's the fastest in NHL history.

9 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

One was an empty net, but still -- I think that's the fastest in NHL history.

Yep, it was.  Crazy.  Can't imagine that'll ever be broken.  Don't see how you could score two goals in less than two seconds.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yep, it was.  Crazy.  Can't imagine that'll ever be broken.  Don't see how you could score two goals in less than two seconds.

If my math is correct, you can beat that by scoring two goals in 1 second. 

can someone do the math and back me up? otherwise I can do it on my lunch break. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If my math is correct, you can beat that by scoring two goals in 1 second. 

can someone do the math and back me up? otherwise I can do it on my lunch break. 

I went to the local university here on my lunch break and talked to the Advanced Calc professor.  He spent about 40 minutes going over equations and when he was done his chalkboard had no room left on it, but he came to the conclusion that no, no you cannot score 2 goals in less than 2 seconds.  #MythBusted

Scoring twice in two seconds? Sounds like Kinkyisth3b3st on a Friday night!

;) 

Pettersson is a star. Very happy we have Nico but in a couple years I don't think it's completely outrageous to think Pettersson might be the consensus best player from that draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Pettersson is a star. Very happy we have Nico but in a couple years I don't think it's completely outrageous to think Pettersson might be the consensus best player from that draft.

He’s pretty damn good, but teams need to start knocking him on his ass and stop being in awe of him. A kid that slight you need to punish. Of course there are people already saying Pettersson would go #1 in a re-draft after 8 games and an unsustainably high shooting percentage, but that doesn’t surprise me, given how stupid people are. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 1:43 PM, NJDfan1711 said:

if you "Mario Lemieux" it scoring straight from the faceoff... but from center ice

On 11/2/2018 at 6:35 PM, mfitz804 said:

Scoring twice in two seconds? Sounds like Kinkyisth3b3st on a Friday night!

;) 

Says the guy who’s claim to forum fame is “almost” ;) 

16 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Says the guy who’s claim to forum fame is “almost” ;) 

Touché my good man. 

What an absolute disaster Ottawa is.

That said, Duchene's price probably just dropped :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

What an absolute disaster Ottawa is.

That said, Duchene's price probably just dropped :lol:

Duchene is an absolute cancer. No wonder the Avs players were thrilled when he was traded and Colorado began lifting their game. No coincidence that as soon as he joins the Sens that they go from cup contender to tire fire. For a veteran leader to speak like that in front of young players is toxic. 

If I was a Sens fan I’d boo him every time he touched puck. Hopefully this means complete disarray when we play them tomorrow.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 3

Definitely not the first or last group of players to talk sh!t about one of their coaches, just like employees in other walks of life occasionally complain about their bosses...not defending them (and not like Duchene is setting a great example), just saying that bitching about co-workers is hardly restricted to NHLers...and of course, when something like this involves a franchise that's in trainwreck mode, it's easy to pile on (I can only imagine the reaction if a tape with Mets players complaining about Mickey Callaway had gotten out). 

Kind of a douche move on the Uber driver's part...no reason to put that tape out there, other than to start trouble for the sake of starting trouble...but then again, if the Uber driver was a Devils fan who decided to make this public just before a big Devils - Sens game...heh heh...

• Like 1

You know the whole time they were chatting and the driver was quiet he was sitting there thinking "I can't wait to blast this out on the internet and see what happens."  Pretty hilarious, but also a nose move.