2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

They need to get him on next season if It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. 

Admittedly I've only seen like one or two episodes of that show.  I don't know why I never got into it.  It's entirely possible that the name of the city being in the title may have had something to do with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Admittedly I've only seen like one or two episodes of that show.  I don't know why I never got into it.  It's entirely possible that the name of the city being in the title may have had something to do with it. 

You're doing yourself a disservice by not watching it

• Like 2

One of my favorite shows, absolutely one of the best.

The early seasons, 1-5, are absolute gold.

• Like 2

Apparently Gritty got over 70,000 write-in votes for Governor of Pennsylvania.  

That's sad, we could never get 70,000 people to write in N.J. Devil. 

But seriously, if that's true, they should change the name from "City of Brotherly Love" to "City of Morons". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

You're doing yourself a disservice by not watching it

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

One of my favorite shows, absolutely one of the best.

The early seasons, 1-5, are absolute gold.

I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I'll probably try to get into it soon.  I just got back into Ray Donovan though, and that's got me hooked for quite a while (only in the middle of Season 3).

52 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I'll probably try to get into it soon.  I just got back into Ray Donovan though, and that's got me hooked for quite a while (only in the middle of Season 3).

I watched some episodes and it was definitely funny. For some reason though, I just didn't get addicted to it like I did with Workaholics and Curb. Not sure why.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That's sad, we could never get 70,000 people to write in N.J. Devil. 

But seriously, if that's true, they should change the name from "City of Brotherly Love" to "City of Morons". 

Seriously. Dennis from It’s Always Sunny would make a much better politician. He even already has campaigning experience. Everyone in Philly would get D.E.N.N.I.S.ed.

Edited by Jerzey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still very early of course, but the Kings are 5-11-1 (3-10-0 in their last 13 GP) and have already canned one coach.  9 of Kovy's 14 points came in a 4-game burst...he really hasn't done much for them offensively outside of that burst.  Also is a -13 in his last 13 GP, for what that's worth. 

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Still very early of course, but the Kings are 5-11-1 (3-10-0 in their last 13 GP) and have already canned one coach.  9 of Kovy's 14 points came in a 4-game burst...he really hasn't done much for them offensively outside of that burst.  Also is a -13 in his last 13 GP, for what that's worth. 

14 would be good for third on our team behind Hall and Palmieri. Still hate him, though. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

14 would be good for third on our team behind Hall and Palmieri. Still hate him, though. 

Palms and Hall have been held pointless in 9 games combined this season.  Kovy's been held pointless in 9 out of 17 games.  One four-game run is really buoying his season at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I don't get why the Penguins would do this?  Shaking things up for the sake of it?  This deal looks to be horrible for them.

Rutherford threatened changes last week if they continued to struggle.... I think this is one of those ‘change of scenery’ deals where both guys could benefit from a new situation.