Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jagknife

2018-19 Around the League Thread

Recommended Posts

That fvck is dressed and on the ice, forgot about the appeal but still

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else's NHLN out?

Ours has been out since this morning.

North Jersey, Optimum ch. 223.

Every other channel works. Did they fold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesperi Kotkaniemi was born a month after Arnott scored to win the Cup in 2000. Let that sink in. 

Can Caps fans pick something to yell during the anthem? One thing is annoying, two is ridiculous. 

It's funny when these banner raising games happen, one team either wins or loses because of the ceremony according to the broadcast. If the visiting team wins, it's because they were sitting there getting fired up watching the home team celebrate, or they lose because they were sitting there and got flat for puck drop. Every year it's one or the other. Can't compete with the insight of an NBC broadcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

 

Jesperi Kotkaniemi was born a month after Arnott scored to win the Cup in 2000. Let that sink in

 

That’s tough to process lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caps fans look like aliens posing as humans who studied hockey fans to blend in. What an awful sports town.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sh!t move on the caps part not to acknowledge Trotz.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titans04 said:

sh!t move on the caps part not to acknowledge Trotz.

Yeah how do you not acknowledge the head coach of your franchise’s first Cup team? Bad job by the Caps. Oh and Tavares just scored his first as a Leaf.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matthews wins it in OT. 

Thus Leafs team is going to be a handful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Matthews wins it in OT. 

Thus Leafs team is going to be a handful. 

What do you mean, that’s already one point they gave away!!

;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What do you mean, that’s already one point they gave away!!

;) 

Exactly. They didn’t even play that well and still won. So much firepower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched a little of the BOS/WAS game last night and I hate to say it, but John Moore looked pretty good, even in the midst of a pitiful effort by the B's. In the first period alone he sunk into the zone to keep offensive plays alive more than once. He was much maligned on here, and rightfully so at times, but I really hope the devils don't end up missing him. Hopeful Ray has a plan beyond waiting for Ty Smith.

Granted, the money Moore is making isn't too bad BUT the 5-year deal is a terrible decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Jesperi Kotkaniemi was born a month after Arnott scored to win the Cup in 2000. Let that sink in. 

Can Caps fans pick something to yell during the anthem? One thing is annoying, two is ridiculous. 

It's funny when these banner raising games happen, one team either wins or loses because of the ceremony according to the broadcast. If the visiting team wins, it's because they were sitting there getting fired up watching the home team celebrate, or they lose because they were sitting there and got flat for puck drop. Every year it's one or the other. Can't compete with the insight of an NBC broadcast.

in NHL 19 Eddie Olczyk literally says "that was tremendously tremendous"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe he's actually trying to hurt players. He knows damn well what he's doing. Plays with an edge?  Well just went off it. Everyone is kinda shocked by amount of time. I'm thrilled!

Maybe they're making up for lightweight calls/punishment in the past?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I believe he's actually trying to hurt players. He knows damn well what he's doing. Plays with an edge?  Well just went off it. Everyone is kinda shocked by amount of time. I'm thrilled!

Maybe they're making up for lightweight calls/punishment in the past?

I’m shocked not because it’s a lot of time, but because they actually tried to do the right thing. 

We’ll see what happens on appeal. I assume the only argument they will make is that the suspension is too long, and the fact that he is a huge douche will remain undisputed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m shocked not because it’s a lot of time, but because they actually tried to do the right thing. 

We’ll see what happens on appeal. I assume the only argument they will make is that the suspension is too long, and the fact that he is a huge douche will remain undisputed. 

Does the NHLPA rep players in this process or do they have their own representation? At some point you have to think that the NHLPA says, "hey buddy, we're not your friend anymore, guy.". How many fellow players does he have to hurt before they remove him? I don't understand why careers have to be ended for guys with a proven history to be removed from the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson deserves every bit of the punishment he got.  The guy is a headhunter, and the league can do without players like him.  Glad to see the NHL FINALLY practice what they preach regarding headshot and concussions and give this guy a serious suspension that will hurt not only his team on the ice (well, maybe not), but his wallet off of it. 

What amazes me is that, he's actually a descent hockey player and doesn't need to pull this BS to stay relevant in the league.  He's just an a$$hole of epic proportions. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Wilson deserves every bit of the punishment he got.  The guy is a headhunter, and the league can do without players like him.  Glad to see the NHL FINALLY practice what they preach regarding headshot and concussions and give this guy a serious suspension that will hurt not only his team on the ice (well, maybe not), but his wallet off of it. 

What amazes me is that, he's actually a descent hockey player and doesn't need to pull this BS to stay relevant in the league.  He's just an a$$hole of epic proportions. 

He’s a less talented Brad Marchand. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s a less talented Brad Marchand. 

Some people are trying to defend Wilson by saying that Marchand wouldn't have tried to fight Eller had Wilson been there. While that may be true, they are obviously 2 separate issues. Wilson doesn't deserve to play regardless. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

That right there looks like the evidence that will be submitted to reduce the suspension. 

But when you think about it, its the only way. If the fine was based on salary rather than AAV, delinquents like this guy would all have contracts that have big bonuses up front and a league minimum salary, so its suspension proof. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.