Sign in to follow this  
jagknife

2018-19 Around the League Thread

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Crazy as it will sound, Zacha once notched a point in SIX straight games (3/11/17 through 3/23/17)...all assists, and no multiple-pointers.  That was part of a run where he managed 17 points (6 G and 11 A) in 28 GP.  Has to be the most productive stretch of his early career.  And man does it almost feel like it couldn't possibly have ever happened...

I'm a pretty big Zacha defender and I honestly am shocked by that. That's a respectable 40 point pace. 

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm a pretty big Zacha defender and I honestly am shocked by that. That's a respectable 40 point pace. 

50 points actually.  Yeah I wanted to look up if he had ever had three points in three games before (I figured he'd done it at least once), saw the six-game stretch, and then noticed that he was actually putting up a respectable amount of points before and after the six games.  I would take that from him now in a heartbeat.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

50 points actually.  Yeah I wanted to look up if he had ever had three points in three games before (I figured he'd done it at least once), saw the six-game stretch, and then noticed that he was actually putting up a respectable amount of points before and after the six games.  I would take that from him now in a heartbeat.

He might give you that. For the season.

• Sad 1

Rangers trade Ryan Spooner, who I thought they were high on, to Edmonton for Ryan Strome. 

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You may be right. 

I googled it, and Gretzky's longest pointless streak was 4 games, and it was with the Rangers. I could not isolate whether it was the last season. 

That is pretty impressive. He went scoreless 3 games on 6 occasions, 2 games on one occasion, and 4 games on one occasion. Are you fvcking kidding me??

Even in his final season, he still put up, what, 62 points?

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You may be right. 

I googled it, and Gretzky's longest pointless streak was 4 games, and it was with the Rangers. I could not isolate whether it was the last season. 

That is pretty impressive. He went scoreless 3 games on 6 occasions, 2 games on one occasion, and 4 games on one occasion. Are you fvcking kidding me??

When I look back at some of the stuff Gretzky did and his numbers, I almost have to pick my jaw up off the floor every time. It’s absolutely staggering.

Edited by MadDog2020

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

When I look back at some of the stuff Gretzky did and his numbers, I almost have to pick my jaw up off the floor every time. It’s absolutely staggering.

Absolutely. 50 goals in 39 games is still so insane. That's like NHL 19 on easy mode level good. 

• Like 2

Like Schenn on waivers by Anaheim. I say take a shot, contract is one year deal at 800k

7 hours ago, jagknife said:

Like Schenn on waivers by Anaheim. I say take a shot, contract is one year deal at 800k

I would pick him up if only to avoid Gryba playing. 

• Like 2

not sure if it's legit but some dude on NHL Network Radio says that Jeff Skinner wants an 8-year contract worth $9.5M per year from the Sabres... maybe GMs knew that's what he was looking for on his next contract and none would want to pay that for just a year? I'm still wondering why his return was so little

Would anyone have guessed the Met would look like this by December? With the exception of WAS it would almost make more sense flipped upside down lol.

CLB - 26

NYI - 22

NYR- 22

WAS - 21

CAR - 21

PHL - 20

NJD - 18

PIT - 17

51 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Would anyone have guessed the Met would look like this by December? With the exception of WAS it would almost make more sense flipped upside down lol.

CLB - 26

NYI - 22

NYR- 22

WAS - 21

CAR - 21

PHL - 20

NJD - 18

PIT - 17

I’m not surprised CBJ are doing so well. They do this every season since Tortorella got there. Have ridiculously dominant stretches were they look like one the best teams in the league, only to get bounced in 1st rd every postseason. 

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

not sure if it's legit but some dude on NHL Network Radio says that Jeff Skinner wants an 8-year contract worth $9.5M per year from the Sabres... maybe GMs knew that's what he was looking for on his next contract and none would want to pay that for just a year? I'm still wondering why his return was so little

This is absolutely insane to me.  

In what reality is a 60 point guy, who might exceed that this year for the first time in a while, worth 9.5M?

In reality, he'll probably get 8 x 8 which is still insane to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

This is absolutely insane to me.  

In what reality is a 60 point guy, who might exceed that this year for the first time in a while, worth 9.5M?

In reality, he'll probably get 8 x 8 which is still insane to me.

If anyone gives Jeff Skinner 8 years and any amount of money, they should fire themselves and go into another line of work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

If anyone gives Jeff Skinner 8 years and any amount of money, they should fire themselves and go into another line of work. 

Totally agree.

But you just know some stupid ass GM is going to be like "oh boy 80 point season, elite winger, better throw him a blank check* (edit: got my cliches mixed up)".  And then later be like "these players make too much!  Let's have a lockout to figure out what's going on".

Edited by Devilsfan118
I no english good
  • Like 1

St. Louis fired Mike Yeo last night. Quenneville to the Blues in 3,2,1.....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Very surprised Duchene would stay in Ottawa to be honest.  

But maybe the 8th year at ~8.5m makes the difference.

Oh they're going to love playing for Ken "Play the Vets" Hitchcock.

Panarin seeking 10-11 AAV for his next contract.

I'd pay it.  But, given our recent track record with free agents, I'm not going to get my hopes up for us being in the running for him.

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Panarin seeking 10-11 AAV for his next contract.

I'd pay it.  But, given our recent track record with free agents, I'm not going to get my hopes up for us being in the running for him.

Some of these guys really think the world of themselves, don’t they? Skinner wants 9, Nylander wants 8, Panarin thinks he’s McDavid, apparently.... I mean.... fvck off with some of these numbers. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1