Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jagknife

2018-19 Around the League Thread

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The more I see it, the more I like it. 

 

ice.png

The Sonics colors are exactly what I think they should go with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The Sonics colors are exactly what I think they should go with.

Me too.  Either that, or something similar to the Mariners/Seahawks.  I will really hate it if they go with a red/black scheme.  It just doesn't seem to fit the area, outside of some vague Native American reference, which really doesn't have any ties to hockey.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Timo Meier has become a point per game player this year. Thinking back to the 2015 draft, I remember that it seemed that there were 4 players that the Devils could possibly select at 6 overall: Zacha, Rantanen, Barzal, and Meier. I suppose Crouse was in the mix too, but that was more of a perceived nightmare scenario. I also felt that any of the defensemen were even less likely.

All of 3 of those other players are or have been point/game players at the NHL to this point. Zacha really needs to get it going soon, and find some consistency. I never would have thought that Zacha would be closer to the guy I was praying we wouldn't take than to Barzal or Rantanen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Those are UGLY as fvck holy sh!t, why does everyone love these?

 

tenor.gif?itemid=3547413

 

I'm with ya, it looks like an abortion between a leprechaun and an Indian.

7 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

 

Edited by Satans Hockey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Those are UGLY as fvck holy sh!t, why does everyone love these?

Totally agree. Even if you go with the totem logo, which I hate, the jersey design is also awful. Love the colors though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nessus said:

Timo Meier has become a point per game player this year. Thinking back to the 2015 draft, I remember that it seemed that there were 4 players that the Devils could possibly select at 6 overall: Zacha, Rantanen, Barzal, and Meier. I suppose Crouse was in the mix too, but that was more of a perceived nightmare scenario. I also felt that any of the defensemen were even less likely.

All of 3 of those other players are or have been point/game players at the NHL to this point. Zacha really needs to get it going soon, and find some consistency. I never would have thought that Zacha would be closer to the guy I was praying we wouldn't take than to Barzal or Rantanen.

yeah i was hoping maybe we could take him cause he was playing for Halifax at the time and i saw him play quite a bit in the Q and could have see him play more say he didnt make the team right away.

But... we got Zacha... who had 34 pts in 37 games instead of Meier who got 90 pts in 61 games... fvck Conte. Why you'd want to draft a forward who's not even a point per game in juniors with a top 10 pick...... i don't fvcking know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Closing in on Xmas and still haven't played the Rags yet.... Wtf is going on? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Closing in on Xmas and still haven't played the Rags yet.... Wtf is going on? 

Ridiculous. I don’t think we play them til January. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Closing in on Xmas and still haven't played the Rags yet.... Wtf is going on? 

It’s that wonderful NHL schedule that minimalises real rivalries for trying to create (read: force) new ones. So dumb.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This little douche has played one season in the league and has lost most of them yet is yapping his mouth. He’s like his idiot father. Can’t wait for someone to lay him out.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aznjsn said:

I think its awesome that there was no supplemental discipline on this one, and I have no doubt that the fact that Tom Wilson was the victim aided in that decision. The guy is a known delinquent. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listen to Pierre McGuire on Ottawa and Montreal radio all the time. He mentioned yesterday that Ray was frustrated because he had a major deal in place that the other GM suddenly backed out of.

He didn't mention Ray by name, but it was obvious what was who he was talking about since he is so close to Ray. I can only hope the deal had something to do with a goaltender.

Trying to pry Ben Bishop out of Dallas?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I listen to Pierre McGuire on Ottawa and Montreal radio all the time. He mentioned yesterday that Ray was frustrated because he had a major deal in place that the other GM suddenly backed out of.

He didn't mention Ray by name, but it was obvious what was who he was talking about since he is so close to Ray. I can only hope the deal had something to do with a goaltender.

Trying to pry Ben Bishop out of Dallas?

Bishop's too old.  Same age as Cory.  We need to get someone who's going to be with us for a while.  I'm fine with Blackwood or someone else around his age, who understandably is going to go through probably some growing pains.  But I'd rather have someone young enough that can stick around for a while and we can build upon, rather than revisit this same issue in 4-5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 3:24 PM, Rob_Ottawa said:

I listen to Pierre McGuire on Ottawa and Montreal radio all the time. He mentioned yesterday that Ray was frustrated because he had a major deal in place that the other GM suddenly backed out of.

He didn't mention Ray by name, but it was obvious what was who he was talking about since he is so close to Ray. I can only hope the deal had something to do with a goaltender.

Trying to pry Ben Bishop out of Dallas?

It's completely impossible that he was talking about Ray. 

It's been well-documented according to multiple sources (posters on this board) that Shero has been sitting on his hands doing nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying it would have happened with us but Dea scored a nice equalizer last night in the Pens OT loss to Ottawa.

Also, Buffalo has dropped 5 straight after their team record 10 game winning streak. It will be interesting to see how they respond. Could be a Philly of last year situation or could be a sign of the actual team.

4 hours ago, fsu1852 said:

All in?

Report: Widespread feeling Matthews could be targeted by offer sheet https://thesco.re/2SEmQgv 

 

Why not? If you get him awesome, if Toronto matches, they’ll be in cap hell real quick. 

Edited by jagknife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bardown.com/new-information-on-seattle-s-potential-name-may-eliminate-some-current-favourites-1.1223118

Seattle’s team name is allegedly going to be water related.

Years ago, and I mean like probably two decades ago, I was bored in math class and rather than pay attention to my teacher, I decided to draw waves in a circle for a fictional hockey team called the Seattle Surf. Only came to me a day or two ago. I wonder if that drawing is still in my mom’s attic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jagknife said:

 

Why not? If you get him awesome, if Toronto matches, they’ll be in cap hell real quick. 

Agreed, especially because this would be after we use our own 2019 1st rounder.   The picks they would get would be after we’re hopefully benefitting from adding Matthews.  

 

That being said, no way Toronto could let him walk.   This would just be a way to f’up their cap for the foreseeable future.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 5:00 AM, fsu1852 said:

All in?

Report: Widespread feeling Matthews could be targeted by offer sheet https://thesco.re/2SEmQgv 

I'll be very surprised if any GM has the balls to offer sheet Matthews.  

By all means, a team or two SHOULD offer sheet him.  This situation pretty much defines what offer sheets were designed for.. but GMs don't want to risk the status quo.

You could really fvck the Leafs over for a long time with a 12 x 7 offer sheet.  They either lose their star player (and the fans lose their mind) or they face the impossible task of keeping that roster together with a huge cap hit for Matthews.

Maybe a young guy might have the stones.  Chayka with the Yotes might do it, especially since you could spin the whole "bringing Matthews home" narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lateralous said:

That being said, no way Toronto could let him walk.   This would just be a way to f’up their cap for the foreseeable future.  

Offer sheet Matthews - Toronto is forced to match.

Offer sheet Marner - Toronto cannot feasibly match.

Profit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.