Sign in to follow this  
jagknife

2018-19 Around the League Thread

40 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

We've already had one this decade 😛  When does the current CBA expire?

From Wiki:

The current CBA is a 10-year deal, expiring after the 2021–22 season.

The NHL can choose to opt out of the CBA on September 1, 2019 (expiring in 2020). The NHLPA can choose to opt out of the CBA on September 19, 2019.

• Like 3

Package deal?  I don't get why having the same agent would make them a package deal.. but what do I know.

What I DO know is that we could afford this.. if we moved on from Cory. 

But I just don't see the Devils getting involved with either.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Package deal?  I don't get why having the same agent would make them a package deal.. but what do I know.

What I DO know is that we could afford this.. if we moved on from Cory. 

But I just don't see the Devils getting involved with either.

There's several things at play here.  1)  Cory's play last night looked mildly encouraging, 2) He has years left on his contract at a large value, and 3) Kinkaid is a free agent after this year.  After last night's game, I think the organization is going to let KK walk this summer, and appoint Blackwood as the 'backup'.  Over the summer and through camp I'm sure they will battle it out for the #1 spot.  I can't imagine having a goalie that you're paying $6M to sit on the bench and be a backup, and also I'm sure they think they haven't seen enough of BW yet and he's still too young/raw, so I think ultimately Schneider 'wins' the starting job and will get the start on opening day next year.  Because of all of that, I don't see us going after Bobrovsky who isn't getting any younger.

In terms of Panarin, while he's a great talent and would be nice to have, for starters I'm not sure he'd want to come here, and on top of that, I'm not exactly sure what the deal is with him and Columbus, but don't think I'd want that drama with us either.

Florida wants Bob and could also want the bread man.

Send a package of Lou, Brassard plus, then do everything you can to sign both. Right now they have $21m + in space with only a handful of holes to fill.

The Athletic has an interview with Panarin & he said this about them going to the same team FWIW: https://theathletic.com/808689/2019/02/08/artemi-panarin-in-first-english-interview-smiles-jokes-and-laughs-through-wide-ranging-conversation/

Panarin shot down the suggestion that Bobrovsky and Panarin — now working with the same agent — would be a package deal as free agents this coming summer.

“Interesting situation,” Panarin said. “I really like (Bobrovsky) and we’re big friends right now. But we have two different lives.”

Also, there's a Tom Kurvers article in the Athletic (which is unlocked so all can read it) - he's been diagnosed with lung cancer. Keep fighting TK & best of luck for a full recovery:  https://theathletic.com/808713/2019/02/08/tom-kurvers-lung-cancer-wild-assistant-gm/

• Like 1

There was some buzz about Panarin and the Devils when he was first coming over to the NHL. I remember the thread here. He didn't want to come here then, at least. 

The Rags found another reason to roll out the red carpet for the 94 team last night. Is it that time of the month already? 

In before Bob and Breadman take cheap contracts to play in New York because God hates me. 

• Angry 2

10 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

In before Bob and Breadman take cheap contracts to play in New York because God hates me. 

Bobrovsky ain't going to NY with Lundqvist there.  

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Panarin maybe, but they aren’t signing Bobrovsky with Lundqvist there.

Merrill just scored a shorty in Vegas to give them a 2-1 lead late in the first

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Damn. 

I think I might rather break a bone again than have that happen to me.

The video stopped too soon, did the Vancouver player throw his hands up to “prove” he did nothing wrong?

Would be a very tough sell. 

Preds fight back to tie the Blues late in the 3rd, only to get toasted by VT91 seconds into OT.

Blues are getting hot at the right time

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Carlyle finally out in Anaheim.  EVP/GM Murray is taking over, pulling a Lou power move.

Murray pulling the Lou.... probably figured guys will pick it up knowing their boss is right over their shoulder (literally). 

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Murray pulling the Lou.... probably figured guys will pick it up knowing their boss is right over their shoulder (literally). 

it sure worked like a charm in NJ when Lou went behind the bench in the 2014-2015 season.

oh wait.......

20 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it sure worked like a charm in NJ when Lou went behind the bench in the 2014-2015 season.

oh wait.......

Did work in 2005-06, but the three-headed monster was painful, tortorous, a boot to the balls, you name it.  That was a guy grasping at frayed straws.  

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Did work in 2005-06, but the three-headed monster was painful, tortorous, a boot to the balls, you name it.  That was a guy grasping at frayed straws.  

they had a roster with talent in 2005-2006 its quite different. I'd be ashamed to call what we had in 2014-2015 a roster... it was nothing more than a joke

• Like 1

05-06 was crazy too because the team got scalding hot the likes of which we may never see again down the stretch- what a streak that was. Came back and jacked the division from the Rags, then knocked them out of playoffs with a broom to the head. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

they had a roster with talent in 2005-2006 its quite different. I'd be ashamed to call what we had in 2014-2015 a roster... it was nothing more than a joke

Elias coming back helped that 2005-06 team a lot too.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Elias coming back helped that 2005-06 team a lot too.  

Patty was a madman that year.... if we had him for the whole season, we may not have had to go on that crazy run to win the division.