2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

47 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Tampa's record looks like something straight out of an NHL video game.

232 GF. The next closest team (SJ) has 214...

i wish we wouldn’t have played them in the playoffs last year, which resulted in me hating them. They’re a fun team to watch. A TOR/TB ECF would be crazy. 

13 hours ago, Nicomo said:

232 GF. The next closest team (SJ) has 214...

i wish we wouldn’t have played them in the playoffs last year, which resulted in me hating them. They’re a fun team to watch. A TOR/TB ECF would be crazy. 

And also impossible to happen sadly. Fuq the NHL and their terribad playoff seedings

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Barkov scored one of the filthiest goals I've seen this year last night against Price.  Between the legs beauty:

It's crazy that he executed the goal, but might even be crazier that he dared to try that with the guy basically right on his back.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The Ducks retired Niedermayer's jersey?  He only played for them for 5 years... 

I get that he helped them win their first and only Cup, but still...

He’s probably the best Duck of all-time and delivered their only Cup.... I totally understand them retiring his jersey.

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Tough call between him or Selanne. 

It's Selanne.  Guy put up 457 goals and 531 assists for 988 points in 966 GP with that organization (over two tenures)...and that includes a couple of sharp decline years at the end.  Poor Jeff Friesen never had a chance, coming over to the Ducks in that Selanne-to-SJ trade.   

• Like 2