2018-19 Around the League Thread

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If you can’t have a banner for having the best regular season record, then you should only have them for the Stanley Cup. 

Do teams usually put up PT banners?  I honestly don't know if they all do, or if some do and some don't. 

The only banner I really have an issue with is at this point is the Regular Season Conference Champ, but if others don't, that's fine.  I think the Devils have gotten it right...no Reg Season Conference Champ banners here. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice (but long) article on Pat Maroon & why he chose StL:  http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/24931004/nhl-patrick-maroon-decision-sign-st-louis-blues-betting-familial-ties SNIPPET:  Maroon e

Mojo is still in the hospital this morning. If the Bruins want to be pissed about their damaged goods, they can look no further than the dirty piece of rat sh!t wearing number 63 for them

Doc rules. Really miss him.   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Do teams usually put up PT banners?  I honestly don't know if they all do, or if some do and some don't. 

The only banner I really have an issue with is at this point is the Regular Season Conference Champ, but if others don't, that's fine.  I think the Devils have gotten it right...no Reg Season Conference Champ banners here. 

I don't know. But it is clearly better than Regular Season Conference Champs. 

To me, even Playoffs Conference Champs banners are kind of like "remember, that time we ALMOST won the Stanley Cup?". 

Of course, we have a ton of those banners hanging up, which I guess is fine. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't know. But it is clearly better than Regular Season Conference Champs. 

To me, even Playoffs Conference Champs banners are kind of like "remember, that time we ALMOST won the Stanley Cup?". 

Of course, we have a ton of those banners hanging up, which I guess is fine. 

At least with the bolded, you still won something...trophy is presented right after the deciding game of the Conference Finals, etc.  You were definitively one of the last two teams standing. 

The last five President's Trophy winners have won just six playoffs series combined.  As least there's a legit trophy that goes with it, so sure, if a team wants to throw a banner up there to commemorate it, I get it.  Still has to look a little weird to see one of those (obviously with a division banner nearby) in the rafters, and nothing else (though to be fair, if you lose in the Conference Finals in seven, as far as extra banners go, you might as well have gotten swept in the first round). 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

They should give each of us that sat through 2012-2016 a banner. 

I've said it before, but I realize now how much I was watching the games during those years, but not really watching.  Those teams were just so painful to take in...like dilapidated jalopies forever trying to race Camaros and Porsches.  Sure, I'd have the games on, but I'd be futzing around on my computer, doing something else with the game on as more background, etc.  Some of the flat-out ugliest hockey I've ever seen. 

I am friggin' GLUED now, both in person and watching on TV.  Wasn't so long ago that my poor daughter couldn't even see the Devils score a damned goal whenever I took her to a game...hell, the Devils often seemed lucky to pop in 7 goals TOTAL for any given four games...Palms has done that all on his own.  And man is it fun to feel that fully dialed-in excitement about watching a Devils game again...I sorely missed that. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm about 75% sure the Sabres did raised a PT banner to kick off a year of giving themselves good ol HJs for making the conference finals back to back seasons.

I'm with you on the "regular season conference champions" banner, its freaking dumb.

On 10/18/2018 at 10:51 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

PT banners i dont know but i'd understand if Ottawa would raise a PTSD banner this year

• Haha 5
9 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Here's a nice, classy gesture from a New York Rangers fan:

Even though it’s photoshopped, it’s still pretty fvcking classless.

• Like 2

Both unfunny and completely classless...in other words, brought to you by a Ranger fan.  Of course they'll all find this hilarious.  Forever the worst fan base in the NHL. 

• Like 2