2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

8 hours ago, jagknife said:

Reaves hits Wilson again, this time in the second, he gets tossed for a “blindside” hit on the piece of sh!t.

i don’t agree with the refs st all, contact was the freaking chest and he is literally skating into Reaves. The hit is late absolutely, but if he didn’t admire his pass, he would have seen Reaves

Man I'm sorry, but how does "player gets caught admiring his pass" equate to a blindside hit?  Does the player receiving the hit no longer have any responsibility for being aware of his surroundings?

Two minute minor for interference and nothing more imo

No

Hitting

League

Edited by Devilsfan118

21 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man I'm sorry, but how does "player gets caught admiring his pass" equate to a blindside hit?  Does the player receiving the hit no longer have any responsibility for being aware of his surroundings?

Two minute minor for interference and nothing more imo

No

Hitting

League

I agree it shouldn’t have been anything more than a minor. And fvck Tom Wilson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

We riot 

fvcking fourth period, the girl is wearing her club team’s jersey. So obviously it must be the new uniform style and color.

i hate that website almost as much as I hate Єklund (2.3% accurate)

furthermore, almost every team in Seattle has at least one to two colors in common, hockey gonna be the outlier?

sounders and Seahawks have similar color palettes, just primaries are switched. And the storm took theirs form the Sonics before they moved. 

Edited by jagknife

13 hours ago, jagknife said:

Reaves hits Wilson again, this time in the second, he gets tossed for a “blindside” hit on the piece of sh!t.

i don’t agree with the refs st all, contact was the freaking chest and he is literally skating into Reaves. The hit is late absolutely, but if he didn’t admire his pass, he would have seen Reaves

Clearly it was a late hit, that should have been a 2 minute penalty but for the fact that when its Reaves and Wilson involved, so you know it was completely intentional. I have no problem with the penalty as called. I do, however, have a problem with calling that a "blindside" hit. I mean he was looking right at the guy and turned his head. All hits are blindside hits if you aren't looking. And he already had at least one wake-up call earlier in the game that should have made him realize, he should be looking. 

The only good news is it was Tom Wilson and he landed on his head. He'll be fine. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crisis said:

My favorite concept

Annotation 2018-12-05 104121.jpg

Those are gorgeous 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Clearly it was a late hit, that should have been a 2 minute penalty but for the fact that when its Reaves and Wilson involved, so you know it was completely intentional. I have no problem with the penalty as called. I do, however, have a problem with calling that a "blindside" hit. I mean he was looking right at the guy and turned his head. All hits are blindside hits if you aren't looking. And he already had at least one wake-up call earlier in the game that should have made him realize, he should be looking. 

The only good news is it was Tom Wilson and he landed on his head. He'll be fine. 

My favorite part of the earlier hits: Wilson going to hit Reaves and bouncing off, Reaves laughing his ass off at him. So perfect