Jump to content
jagknife

2018-19 Around the League Thread

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Why on earth would you start a new team and use a color scheme already used by at least 3 teams off the top of my head. 

I really like the idea of using green and black. I know Dallas has their green and black but I really love that color mix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

We riot 

fvcking fourth period, the girl is wearing her club team’s jersey. So obviously it must be the new uniform style and color.

i hate that website almost as much as I hate Єklund (2.3% accurate)

furthermore, almost every team in Seattle has at least one to two colors in common, hockey gonna be the outlier?

sounders and Seahawks have similar color palettes, just primaries are switched. And the storm took theirs form the Sonics before they moved. 

Edited by jagknife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I really like the idea of using green and black. I know Dallas has their green and black but I really love that color mix.

Agreed, Dallas had a major upgrade with their redesign from their old prison uniforms 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I really like the idea of using green and black. I know Dallas has their green and black but I really love that color mix.

I was a big fan of the early Stars jersey, the dark green and black with the outlined numbers

 

19B3AA89-1123-4883-8430-53DC160BC644.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jagknife said:

Reaves hits Wilson again, this time in the second, he gets tossed for a “blindside” hit on the piece of sh!t.

i don’t agree with the refs st all, contact was the freaking chest and he is literally skating into Reaves. The hit is late absolutely, but if he didn’t admire his pass, he would have seen Reaves

 

 

Clearly it was a late hit, that should have been a 2 minute penalty but for the fact that when its Reaves and Wilson involved, so you know it was completely intentional. I have no problem with the penalty as called. I do, however, have a problem with calling that a "blindside" hit. I mean he was looking right at the guy and turned his head. All hits are blindside hits if you aren't looking. And he already had at least one wake-up call earlier in the game that should have made him realize, he should be looking. 

The only good news is it was Tom Wilson and he landed on his head. He'll be fine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should just use the Metropolitans design (even though I have things against using another team's legacy for your own).

Seattle-Metropolitans-Authentic-Hockey-S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Crisis said:

My favorite concept

 

Annotation 2018-12-05 104121.jpg

Those are gorgeous 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Clearly it was a late hit, that should have been a 2 minute penalty but for the fact that when its Reaves and Wilson involved, so you know it was completely intentional. I have no problem with the penalty as called. I do, however, have a problem with calling that a "blindside" hit. I mean he was looking right at the guy and turned his head. All hits are blindside hits if you aren't looking. And he already had at least one wake-up call earlier in the game that should have made him realize, he should be looking. 

The only good news is it was Tom Wilson and he landed on his head. He'll be fine. 

My favorite part of the earlier hits: Wilson going to hit Reaves and bouncing off, Reaves laughing his ass off at him. So perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Crisis said:

My favorite concept

 

Annotation 2018-12-05 104121.jpg

I like that design and the colors, but wtf is that logo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I like that design and the colors, but wtf is that logo?

A totem pole. Look like thunderbird motifs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jagknife said:

A totem pole. Look like thunderbird motifs 

That's what I thought.  Not sure I dig that, but it's not terrible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crisis said:

My favorite concept

 

Annotation 2018-12-05 104121.jpg

Hot damn those are nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Reaves is a guy I have always wanted on my team. Always.

And 10 points through 29 games, he's having a career year. Previous high is 13 points for an entire season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

And 10 points through 29 games, he's having a career year. Previous high is 13 points for an entire season. 

He’s actually performing and scoring after a new contact.

wish our holdout would do the freaking same

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He’s actually performing and scoring after a new contact.

wish our holdout would do the freaking same

Yeah but can Reaves do this starfish attempted hit while missing by several feet (being kind). Maybe he'd be better off in the WWE?

vxj987.jpg&key=a0cc7adaccff5ee9a19087068

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone should take a look at the standings today.  Take a close look at Anaheim.  15-10-5, 30 games played, 2nd in the Pacific division.  The important part though is "W5".  They're on a 5 game winning streak.  That's 10 points they picked up, meaning prior to this streak, roughly a week or two ago, they were 10--10-5, with 25 games played and 25 points.  Now look at us in the standings.  26 games played, and 23 points.  Very close to that.  Now, a 5 game winning streak seems like the furthest thing from happening at the moment, but it just goes to show, a few wins strung together and suddenly the outlook can change pretty drastically.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Everyone should take a look at the standings today.  Take a close look at Anaheim.  15-10-5, 30 games played, 2nd in the Pacific division.  The important part though is "W5".  They're on a 5 game winning streak.  That's 10 points they picked up, meaning prior to this streak, roughly a week or two ago, they were 10--10-5, with 25 games played and 25 points.  Now look at us in the standings.  26 games played, and 23 points.  Very close to that.  Now, a 5 game winning streak seems like the furthest thing from happening at the moment, but it just goes to show, a few wins strung together and suddenly the outlook can change pretty drastically.  

And we get to play Anaheim this weekend.... yaaaaay. 😖

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And we get to play Anaheim this weekend.... yaaaaay. 😖

Rico will probably have another Wayne Gretzky type goal against us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And we get to play Anaheim this weekend.... yaaaaay. 😖

I left that part out, because it's just so fitting. Goes back to what I said the other day about us having quite a bit of bad luck, and just wrong place wrong time.  So many times we run into these buzzsaws.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Rico will probably have another Wayne Gretzky type goal against us. 

 

6FB76AD1-AC94-4A7F-9B01-DB9CFC081A5E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Those are UGLY as fvck holy sh!t, why does everyone love these?

For me, its different and I like the color scheme.

Plus, for some unexplained reason, I like the logo too. When I was a kid, I had a totem pole or two, but those years are long gone and still, no clue why I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.