2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There's you problem. You shouldn't listen to Rangers fans. 

What Rangers fans say:  "Ninedy-fawr blah blah blah Gawden blah blah blah trap blah blah Original Six blah blah blah..."

What I hear:  "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Still one of the dumbest fanbases on the planet. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Still one of the dumbest fanbases on the planet. 

Like the group of 6 of them behind me in line at the Brian Boyle autograph signing last winter, who stood in like for 2 hours to get his signature while making fun of him for having cancer the entire time? 

Even my (at the time) 10 year old knew they were a-holes. 

I was within seconds of telling Brian what they had been up to when we got our turn, but I decided to keep it positive. 

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Like the group of 6 of them behind me in line at the Brian Boyle autograph signing last winter, who stood in like for 2 hours to get his signature while making fun of him for having cancer the entire time? 

I was within seconds of telling Brian what they had been up to when we got our turn, but I decided to keep it positive. 

Making fun of someone for having cancer?

Does not compute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

Making fun of someone for having cancer?

Does not compute.

Yup. A lot of "he never had cancer when he was on our team, hahahaha" and that kind of stuff. Back when I was like 18-20 there definitely would have been a fistfight, but I'm old, there were 6 of them, and I don't think my 10 year old daughter could have handled more than two of them. 

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I also forgot that along with dumb, they're PROFOUNDLY unfunny.  Truly. 

God, what completely fvcking a$$holes. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. A lot of "he never had cancer when he was on our team, hahahaha" and that kind of stuff. Back when I was like 18-20 there definitely would have been a fistfight, but I'm old, there were 6 of them, and I don't think my 10 year old daughter could have handled more than two of them. 

Imagine being such a low-life scumbag that you joke about a player- one of your former players, and by all accounts a salt of the earth human being like Brian Boyle- having CANCER because he plays for a team you don’t like. Not only that, showing up to a fvcking autograph signing the guy is doing to do it, but you don’t have the balls to say something so insanely cruel and disgusting to the man’s face, so you joke about it while you wait in line. I have no doubt whatsoever that these are the same types of a$$holes that show up to a Devils-Sharks game wearing Rags jerseys. You would’ve been well within your rights to have fvcked them up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I also forgot that along with dumb, they're PROFOUNDLY unfunny.  Truly. 

God, what completely fvcking a$$holes. 

They thought they were hysterical. Myself and a couple other people told them they weren't.

I thought it would serve them right if, right before they got to Brian after being in line 2 hours, I told him what they had been up to. But I took the high road. 

They also spent a good amount of time being as loud as humanly possible and repeatedly cursing in front of children. At one point, I asked them if they were drunk, which they thought was funny, and one guy said " I WISH we were drunk", at which point I reminded him there was still time and that he should drive home afterwards. 

He didn't get it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, devlman said:

Let it be known that the New York Rangers didnt come close to selling out their home opener against a cup contender. Fake fanbase.

Not defending them cause fvck them but trading most of their fan favorites away will do that and their ticket prices at face value are insane. I barely talk to my friends that are Rangers fans but I know that none of them are looking forward to this season. I'm expecting a lot of games not selling out there this year..... Not that we have any right to talk either when it comes to attendance. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They thought they were hysterical. Myself and a couple other people told them they weren't.

I thought it would serve them right if, right before they got to Brian after being in line 2 hours, I told him what they had been up to. But I took the high road. 

They also spent a good amount of time being as loud as humanly possible and repeatedly cursing in front of children. At one point, I asked them if they were drunk, which they thought was funny, and one guy said " I WISH we were drunk", at which point I reminded him there was still time and that he should drive home afterwards. 

He didn't get it. 

I can picture this scene with amazing (and rather depressing) clarity.  God I hate everything about that franchise...their fans above all.  They're about as detestable as it gets. 

Think you did the right thing in taking the road, much as those fans sucked...like you said, you wanted to keep it positive...I get that entirely. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can picture this scene with amazing (and rather depressing) clarity.  God I hate everything about that franchise...their fans above all.  They're about as detestable as it gets. 

Think you did the right thing in taking the road, much as those fans sucked...like you said, you wanted to keep it positive...I get that entirely. 

The idea of a completely pissed Brian Boyle half-a$$ing their autographs and interaction after they waited so long was very tempting. I am pretty sure it wouldn't have worked out as well as it did in my head. 

I know it’s only one game in a very long season and it was against arguably the best team in the west, but Kovy looked very overmatched tonight. A lot of bad turnovers, couldn’t get himself into good positions and is doing what he did the first few games with us: over passing, not shooting

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2018 at 1:26 AM, jagknife said:

I know it’s only one game in a very long season and it was against arguably the best team in the west, but Kovy looked very overmatched tonight. A lot of bad turnovers, couldn’t get himself into good positions and is doing what he did the first few games with us: over passing, not shooting

That one does not belong playing alongside and against real players! (This is not the second-rate KHL.) Traitors get what they deserve!

Edited by aclc79

3 hours ago, aclc79 said:

That one does not belong playing alongside and against real players! (This is not the second-rate KHL.) Traitors get what they deserve!

But man did he have great seats for the UFC fight and aftermath last night. Khabib nearly jumped into his freaking lap

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone else love that the Rangers have dropped their first three? I mean, there’s plenty of hockey left, we’ve only played one, anything can happen, etc...

But, it’s still nice to see. 

Even better is the WAY that they lost.  Taking an early 2-0 lead, only to lose it, then taking other leads and seeing those disappear too...and then ultimately losing by three on a night that they score five.  

Also great that their window (admittedly it was a pretty good one) didn't result in a Cup.  But again, thank God that Shattenkirk went with a winner.  It's really worked out well for him.

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2018 at 2:26 AM, jagknife said:

he just had one hell of an assist on Kopitar's goal and had another one on a great forecheck tonight though

Pointless to try to judge Kovy on a game-to-game basis...even in his prime, as we saw, he could look awesome in some games, and almost like he had no instincts at all in others...especially before Lemaire started getting through to him.

If anything, I'm curious as to how much of Lemaire's teachings are still ingrained in Kovy.  I think that might have been the first guy to have ever properly coached Kovy (and the results were showing)...I think the 2011-12 version of Ilya was him at his most "complete".  In a way it's too bad that we never saw how he might have been, had he continued down that path...but 2013 Kovy clearly didn't want to be here, and that was pretty much that, as far as trying to create any alternate timelines go. 

Anyway, probably going to be at least 30-35 games before we really know what kind of NHL player Kovy is...and even then, there will be reason to wonder about how he holds up over an 82-game season. 

• Like 2