2018-19 Around the League Thread

52 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Carl Hagelin has one more point on the season than Ben Lovejoy. It's apples to oranges.

The Capitals cap situation is more than likely what would keep them out of the MoJo talks, Burakovsky would have to be moved probably. LAK did retain 50% of Hagelin's salary though.

True, but he's only played 22 games, and is also on a terrible team.  Point is, if the Caps were trying to bring MoJo back I don't think they would bother with a move like this.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice (but long) article on Pat Maroon & why he chose StL:  http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/24931004/nhl-patrick-maroon-decision-sign-st-louis-blues-betting-familial-ties SNIPPET:  Maroon e

Mojo is still in the hospital this morning. If the Bruins want to be pissed about their damaged goods, they can look no further than the dirty piece of rat sh!t wearing number 63 for them

Doc rules. Really miss him.   

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

True, but he's only played 22 games, and is also on a terrible team.  Point is, if the Caps were trying to bring MoJo back I don't think they would bother with a move like this.

It's not the same kind of player. And, LAK did retain half of his salary, and he only cost a 3rd and a 6th, that was a pretty cheap bottom 6 guy with some speed you could add. 

I wouldn't say adding Hagelin takes them out on Johansson, though as Steven M. said above, the salary cap might. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It's not the same kind of player. And, LAK did retain half of his salary, and he only cost a 3rd and a 6th, that was a pretty cheap bottom 6 guy with some speed you could add. 

I wouldn't say adding Hagelin takes them out on Johansson, though as Steven M. said above, the salary cap might. 

I don't think the price was steep or that they overpaid by any means, but the fact that they gave up two picks in general makes me think it might take them out of the running for MoJo, since I would imagine we would be wanting or expecting picks in return.  Granted we're probably looking for a 1st or 2nd, which they still have, but if they did send one of those our way, they're not really left with much considering the two they just sent to LAK.

1 hour ago, CarterforPresident said:

If Ottawa expects to "rebuild" and trades Stone, they deserve to be winless for the next 5 years. Sorry not sorry. Stone is elite, while Panarin, that title, shouldn't be used on him.

I feel like you either live in an alternate reality or you're the kind of person that yells at inanimate objects.

18 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I feel like you either live in an alternate reality or you're the kind of person that yells at inanimate objects.

That Panarin isn't Elite? He's way to inconsistent. But if you feel the opposite that's fair to. Someone will overpay as usual.

I'll say I believe Artemi is a great player, not elite IMO. But he isn't the type of player that makes the team better. 

To each their own

Edited by CarterforPresident
15 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

That Panarin isn't Elite? He's way to inconsistent. But if you feel the opposite that's fair to. Someone will overpay as usual.

I'll say I believe Artemi is a great player, not elite IMO. But he isn't the type of player that makes the team better. 

To each their own

Most guys that manage to be a point per game player in the NHL are pretty elite to me.

BTW, Mark Stone isn't a PPG player for his career and Panarin appears to beat him in every metric. I'll hand it to Stone, he prob has less talent to work with.

You're right; To each his own.

19 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Most guys that manage to be a point per game player in the NHL are pretty elite to me.

BTW, Mark Stone isn't a PPG player for his career and Panarin appears to beat him in every metric. I'll hand it to Stone, he prob has less talent to work with.

You're right; To each his own.

Stone is also younger. i believe the word Elite gets used way to much, personally in all of sports. Also believe you build a team around elite players, clearly the opposite with Panarin, he isn't a foundational piece.

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I haven’t seen the play. He would have had to use an axe to get anything more than a one game suspension. I don’t see the Golden Boy getting punished for anything even close to borderline. 

EDIT: I watched it. Shoulder right to the head, anyone else would get 2 games assuming they are t a repeat offender. Will be interesting to see how the league handles this one. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I haven’t seen the play. He would have had to use an axe to get anything more than a one game suspension. I don’t see the Golden Boy getting punished for anything even close to borderline. 

EDIT: I watched it. Shoulder right to the head, anyone else would get 2 games assuming they are t a repeat offender. Will be interesting to see how the league handles this one. 

Two games sounds about right.

14 hours ago, titans04 said:

Dano's voice is a combination of Jessie Ventura and Macho Man. So he knows a little about wrestling. Hopefully he moves onto call that stuff.

Dano would actually be an awesome commentator for professional wrestling, especially with Mean Gene's recent passing. I say start a petition. 

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Duchene to the Jackets.  Wow.

So.. are they not going to trade Panarin and/or Bob and gear up for a playoff run instead?

I've seen some reports saying they might be buyers and sellers. Surely they have to trade Panarin if they think he'll walk for free in the summer.