2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

3 hours ago, Devils01 said:

Lots of traction on Marcus Johansson, who will be held out of lineup again for NJ for trade deadline reasons

???   Isn't our next game tomorrow night after the trade deadline?  That's probably referencing yesterdays game.      

Win-win in this Rags - Capitals game, super entertaining, physical affair gets tied by the Rags in the last 30 seconds so they get a useless point in the standings to pull further away from us and ultimately ends with Henrik face down on the ice after suffering another L, his iconic pose. and I killed three hours of work watching it.

• Like 5

I saw that Puljujarvi is apparently available if someone is willing to take the Lucic contract.  Not sure I would do that but given our cap space, but would anyone else do it for the Oilers 1st this year?   I think I would.  4 more years of Lucic at 6 million is tough to swallow but Ty Smith and two top 10 picks this year would go a long way toward solving our talent issues.    

13 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I saw that Puljujarvi is apparently available if someone is willing to take the Lucic contract.  Not sure I would do that but given our cap space, but would anyone else do it for the Oilers 1st this year?   I think I would.  4 more years of Lucic at 6 million is tough to swallow but Ty Smith and two top 10 picks this year would go a long way toward solving our talent issues.    

At this point why not. Take some chances, and after the next CBA we’ll have a compliance buyout or two