2018-19 Around the League Thread

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

There's gotta be something more interesting than playin the resident troll on this forum. 

Whoa, who named him resident troll?? I’ve been working pretty hard for that title. When the hell did this happen?

45 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

But the fact of the matter is, they're for fun, and we could just as easily not make them or pay them. 

The bets are real pledges of support, and sure, if you don’t pay them, DM won’t say anything. But if I find out anyone is making bets and not paying them, they’ll learn the meaning of the word troll. 

Regarding the rest, I’ll just buy Satans Hockey a beer and enjoy the show with him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice (but long) article on Pat Maroon & why he chose StL:  http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/24931004/nhl-patrick-maroon-decision-sign-st-louis-blues-betting-familial-ties SNIPPET:  Maroon e

Mojo is still in the hospital this morning. If the Bruins want to be pissed about their damaged goods, they can look no further than the dirty piece of rat sh!t wearing number 63 for them

Doc rules. Really miss him.   

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

No, I don't.  I've described the difference between the bet I made here for fun, and betting I do outside of this forum.  If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

No, that's not why. It's called integrity.  I can't speak for you, but I have it. And I couldn't care less if you would support me being banned.  I don't need to use an 'ignore' button on a forum, much less campaign to have members banned.  I'm perfectly capable of reading and responding to the posts and members I want to.  You should give that a shot some time.

This is pure comedic gold.  I'm glad you have me all figured out.  Do you realize how you look right now?  Not once did I claim to "have the system beat".  I'm not a professional gambler.  I do well enough to make a small profit and I'm not in the hole. I do it on the side with a friend.  For fun.

I mean, this is just internet superiority at it's finest.  Every forum has "I'm-better-than-you" guy, I guess you're the one here.  Again, not that it's any of your business, but since you brought it up, I own my own home, have over 100K in available credit, and my score as of yesterday is 830 on Experian.  Don't worry about me bro, I'm doing just fine thanks lol.  

This will be the last time I respond in here - the thread has been de-railed enough and everyone else shouldn't have to read this stupid banter. 

You are literally making more sports bets when you are paying off another.  That goes for sports bets outside this forum.  If you don't think that is sick I can't help you.

You have "integrity" because you know we would call you out on it.

To justify betting on sports while still paying off another bet as "fun" is beyond sick.

When paying off $500 is a big deal where you have to do it in installments, your line about doing "just fine" rings a little weak there my friend.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Whoa, who named him resident troll?? I’ve been working pretty hard for that title. When the hell did this happen?

The bets are real pledges of support, and sure, if you don’t pay them, DM won’t say anything. But if I find out anyone is making bets and not paying them, they’ll learn the meaning of the word troll. 

Regarding the rest, I’ll just buy Satans Hockey a beer and enjoy the show with him.

100%.  Like I said, that's why I continue to do them, because I know they're going to a good cause. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Don't worry, if you make enough bets that you lose you can hope for others not to keep track and just not pay them.  Or better yet, just ask for a payment plan while making other bets and losing.

That's "fun"

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Don't worry, if you make enough bets that you lose you can hope for others not to keep track and just not pay them.  Or better yet, just ask for a payment plan while making other bets and losing.

That's "fun"

Just for the record, the longest I’ve waited to pay was the next morning, because I went to sleep. You obviously weren’t referencing me, but I wanted to make sure it’s known that I’m above board. 

The real issue is it’s a Devils site, if you don’t pay we send Kurtis Gabriel to break your thumbs, but when he gets there he just fails to punch you and then falls on the floor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hate to see it.  Especially since he's going to be in search of a contract in just a few months.

If it's yet another concussion... I dunno man.  When do you start to consider your long term health?

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hate to see it.  Especially since he's going to be in search of a contract in just a few months.

If it's yet another concussion... I dunno man.  When do you start to consider your long term health?

Looks more like he’s holding an arm or shoulder.  No real head contact on the hit nor on the ice. Hopefully it’s not that. 

And that's why you had to trade the guy.  He always seems to be on the wrong end of the hits.  Hopefully like you said it's an arm/shoulder but there was certainly some whiplash to his head and neck.  Certainly hoping  he's ok. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Looks more like he’s holding an arm or shoulder.  No real head contact on the hit nor on the ice. Hopefully it’s not that. 

Yeah it's the whiplash that worries me, looked pretty severe.

Hope I'm wrong.

50 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Looked like a clean hit.  Whatever the injury ends up being, feel bad for Johansson.  Guy can't catch a break.

Seriously. Traded off his team that goes on to win a Cup, and constantly injured now. 

• Like 2

I liked MoJo and felt that it was more bad luck than anything that affected his time here.  He was getting it going with Nico being his center instead of offensive black holes like Zacha and Zajac.

That said, there was a growing portion of this fanbase that was hoping he would be extended instead of traded at the deadline as his production was increasing.  Immediate hindsight is showing we made the right call.

Zajac hasn't really been as much of an offensive black hole as you might think...in his last 95 GP, he's scored 22 goals and added 37 assists.  Basically amounts to a 19 G and 32 A per 82 GP pace.  Not mind-blowing of course, but not bad either. 

Yeah it was tough sledding for MoJo here...you can't even grade last season, because he was never truly in the lineup enough to find a groove...hard to judge someone based off a 29-game, some games here and some games there kind of sample.  Then this season, some more missed games, and not much chemistry with a number of Devils...though he clearly found some with Nico. 

I'm sure to an extent, even with the surge prior to his being dealt, he was probably a little relieved to get out of here...sometimes you just feel cursed playing on a certain team, and since MoJo had been both reasonably healthy and productive prior to becoming a Devil, he was likely thinking it just wasn't meant to be here...hell, maybe part of the reason for his surge was that he could see the light at the end of the tunnel, and could breathe a little easier.

Anyway, even though some fans might have been interested in him sticking around, I don't think either Shero or MoJo were at all.  I think both recognized that, through no real fault of anyone in particular, it simply wasn't likely to work out here for him long-term.  And sadly, one does have to wonder if MoJo's NHL career is going to end prematurely. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I don't think an injury to the arm/shoulder keeps you in the hospital over night.  It was a good clean hit but imo most guys get up from that every time and don't end up with an overnight hospital stay.  I would be surprised if he's able to put together much of a streak of consecutive games played going forward.  Like others have said at what point is it not worth risking long term head issues.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins call it an upper body injury trying to mask another possible head injury.

54 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I don't think an injury to the arm/shoulder keeps you in the hospital over night.  It was a good clean hit but imo most guys get up from that every time and don't end up with an overnight hospital stay.  I would be surprised if he's able to put together much of a streak of consecutive games played going forward.  Like others have said at what point is it not worth risking long term head issues.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins call it an upper body injury trying to mask another possible head injury.

Unless he needs surgery on the arm, it is 100% due to the way his head/neck whipped around.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Unless he needs surgery on the arm, it is 100% due to the way his head/neck whipped around.

Yeah looking that way. Even a neck injury wouldn’t have him still in the hospital unless they had to immobilize him to protect his spinal cord, which is still really bad, just a different bad from another concussion. 

Not for nothing, that was a perfectly thrown hit that he was not even a little bit prepared for. I attribute it to the fact that those hits are rare in today’s game and players aren’t on the lookout for them as much as they were 15-20 years ago. 

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah looking that way. Even a neck injury wouldn’t have him still in the hospital unless they had to immobilize him to protect his spinal cord, which is still really bad, just a different bad from another concussion. 

Not for nothing, that was a perfectly thrown hit that he was not even a little bit prepared for. I attribute it to the fact that those hits are rare in today’s game and players aren’t on the lookout for them as much as they were 15-20 years ago. 

I definitely agree with  you. I have watched enough Devils games, with non-physical D men that don't throw hits, to know that 99% of the time when a player enters the zone like that they are ridden into the boards and out of the play so they can't chase the dump-in. They aren't met head on shoulder to shoulder like that. Physical D men will throw more of a hit there, but it is still rare for it to be an open ice hit and not just a harder hit into the boards as the player entering the zone tries to maneuver his way around.

6 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

have to feel for Johansson.. guy has possibly the worst luck with staying healthy. 

So weird though, he never had that issue before New Jersey. 

No wonder he didn’t want to sign an extension lol. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

So weird though, he never had that issue before New Jersey. 

No wonder he didn’t want to sign an extension lol. 

Touched on the above in an earlier post...I think there was mutual disinterest on both sides.  MoJo probably felt a bit cursed as a Devil (considering his track record prior, how could he not?), and Shero probably felt like it just wasn't meant to be.  Still would've taken the risk at the time for sure...on paper it made nothing but perfect sense.