2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

i hate to say this but i didnt really matter that the rangers traded all their 1st round picks for like 10 years in a row... cause year after year there's always players only willing to go there. So other GMs have their hands tied so they can't get full value and the Rangers get really good players

ugh. 

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bright lights brah.

Beat me to it....

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

From what I have heard, Fox grew up a Rangers fan so it seems like it was Rangers or bust for him.  Probably has a picture of himself sleeping in Rangers pajamas as a kid somewhere as well.

sh!ttenkirk 2.0? We can hope.

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i hate to say this but i didnt really matter that the rangers traded all their 1st round picks for like 10 years in a row... cause year after year there's always players only willing to go there. So other GMs have their hands tied so they can't get full value and the Rangers get really good players

ugh. 

Luckily they haven't done a damn thing with that advantage. We can only hope they continue to be mis-managed

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

ugh. 

...and they’ve won one Cup since World War 2. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Luckily they haven't done a damn thing with that advantage. We can only hope they continue to be mis-managed

yeahhhh... but im afraid they'll land Panarin and kakko and god knows who else this summer

I was also reading yesterday that the Rangers are attempting to sign Rykov and move him over to NA this coming season.

If so, I can imagine it would be a 2-way deal though they might have to make it a 1-way to sweeten it enough so he comes to NA.

27 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I was also reading yesterday that the Rangers are attempting to sign Rykov and move him over to NA this coming season.

If so, I can imagine it would be a 2-way deal though they might have to make it a 1-way to sweeten it enough so he comes to NA.

I thought all entry level contracts are 2 way? They can only "sweeten deals with bonus'

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

For those who've forgotten, Rykov's the piece that was traded (along with a 2nd-rounder) for Grabner at the 2018 deadline.  He's now 22 years old. 

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

yeahhhh... but im afraid they'll land Panarin and kakko and god knows who else this summer

Who cares. They land everyone they want and bust anyway. It's more fun watching them flame out in the playoffs with all their stars.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Who cares. They land everyone they want and bust anyway. It's more fun watching them flame out in the playoffs with all their stars.

Panarin has been a Devils killer and he's in his prime. He won't bust

2 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

So was Hank. How many cups did he win?

What's the point of that question? How many cups have we win since hank and Panarin joined the league? We're all at zero. It would make them better and that will make it harder for us too

Edited by SterioDesign

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

What's the point of that question? How many cups have we win since hank and Panarin joined the league? We're all at zero. It would make them better and that will make it harder for us too

Grab a tub of popcorn and watch it go nowhere, just like last time. 

55 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Grab a tub of popcorn and watch it go nowhere, just like last time. 

At this point, we haven’t won a Cup in 16 years, I’m not so fast to throw out “how many cups do you have” arguments. 

Except at Lundqvist, of course. 

28867401048_6d9f26eab2_b.jpg

• Like 3

Some good stories in this article about Larry - not a whole lot about his time with the Devils but still worth a read:  https://www.nhl.com/news/st-louis-getting-champions-perspective-from-larry-robinson-during-playoffs/c-307165304?tid=306220356

That's not to say the players and staff don't enjoy ribbing a man who's 15 years older than the coach. Robinson chuckles that forward Alexander Steen calls him "Larry the Legend." "He'll say, 'How many Cups did you win? Nine? Oh my God!'" he said with a laugh. "And David (Alexander) calls me 'Dad.' Hey, call me anything, but don't call me late for dinner."

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Some good stories in this article about Larry - not a whole lot about his time with the Devils but still worth a read:  https://www.nhl.com/news/st-louis-getting-champions-perspective-from-larry-robinson-during-playoffs/c-307165304?tid=306220356

That's not to say the players and staff don't enjoy ribbing a man who's 15 years older than the coach. Robinson chuckles that forward Alexander Steen calls him "Larry the Legend." "He'll say, 'How many Cups did you win? Nine? Oh my God!'" he said with a laugh. "And David (Alexander) calls me 'Dad.' Hey, call me anything, but don't call me late for dinner."

I miss Larry. One of the all-timers.

• Like 3

if this is true then it's good news for us. With our cap space we're a good landing spot for team having to clear salaries to stay under cap. But with the cap constantly rising teams are not as strapped anymore.

Also it gives less flexibility for other teams just just enough cap space

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

5M per to be a GM.. man oh man.

I wonder what Lou was making back in the day with NJ.  Had to be.. a lot.

31 other guys and their agents are very happy today. A rising tide raises all boats.

• Like 1