Jump to content
jagknife

2018-19 Around the League Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i hate to say this but i didnt really matter that the rangers traded all their 1st round picks for like 10 years in a row... cause year after year there's always players only willing to go there. So other GMs have their hands tied so they can't get full value and the Rangers get really good players

ugh. 

...and they’ve won one Cup since World War 2. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Luckily they haven't done a damn thing with that advantage. We can only hope they continue to be mis-managed

yeahhhh... but im afraid they'll land Panarin and kakko and god knows who else this summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also reading yesterday that the Rangers are attempting to sign Rykov and move him over to NA this coming season.

If so, I can imagine it would be a 2-way deal though they might have to make it a 1-way to sweeten it enough so he comes to NA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I was also reading yesterday that the Rangers are attempting to sign Rykov and move him over to NA this coming season.

If so, I can imagine it would be a 2-way deal though they might have to make it a 1-way to sweeten it enough so he comes to NA.

I thought all entry level contracts are 2 way? They can only "sweeten deals with bonus'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

I was also reading yesterday that the Rangers are attempting to sign Rykov and move him over to NA this coming season.

If so, I can imagine it would be a 2-way deal though they might have to make it a 1-way to sweeten it enough so he comes to NA.

For those who've forgotten, Rykov's the piece that was traded (along with a 2nd-rounder) for Grabner at the 2018 deadline.  He's now 22 years old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

yeahhhh... but im afraid they'll land Panarin and kakko and god knows who else this summer

Who cares. They land everyone they want and bust anyway. It's more fun watching them flame out in the playoffs with all their stars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

yeahhhh... but im afraid they'll land Panarin and kakko and god knows who else this summer

I'm hoping Panarin wants the no income tax in Florida but we shall see in 2 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Who cares. They land everyone they want and bust anyway. It's more fun watching them flame out in the playoffs with all their stars.

Panarin has been a Devils killer and he's in his prime. He won't bust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Panarin has been a Devils killer and he's in his prime. He won't bust

So was Hank. How many cups did he win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This was obviously to keep McCrimmon from going to Edmonton or Seattle.

Edited by MadDog2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

So was Hank. How many cups did he win?

What's the point of that question? How many cups have we win since hank and Panarin joined the league? We're all at zero. It would make them better and that will make it harder for us too

Edited by SterioDesign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

What's the point of that question? How many cups have we win since hank and Panarin joined the league? We're all at zero. It would make them better and that will make it harder for us too

Grab a tub of popcorn and watch it go nowhere, just like last time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Grab a tub of popcorn and watch it go nowhere, just like last time. 

At this point, we haven’t won a Cup in 16 years, I’m not so fast to throw out “how many cups do you have” arguments. 

Except at Lundqvist, of course. 

28867401048_6d9f26eab2_b.jpg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good stories in this article about Larry - not a whole lot about his time with the Devils but still worth a read:  https://www.nhl.com/news/st-louis-getting-champions-perspective-from-larry-robinson-during-playoffs/c-307165304?tid=306220356

That's not to say the players and staff don't enjoy ribbing a man who's 15 years older than the coach. Robinson chuckles that forward Alexander Steen calls him "Larry the Legend." "He'll say, 'How many Cups did you win? Nine? Oh my God!'" he said with a laugh. "And David (Alexander) calls me 'Dad.' Hey, call me anything, but don't call me late for dinner."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Some good stories in this article about Larry - not a whole lot about his time with the Devils but still worth a read:  https://www.nhl.com/news/st-louis-getting-champions-perspective-from-larry-robinson-during-playoffs/c-307165304?tid=306220356

That's not to say the players and staff don't enjoy ribbing a man who's 15 years older than the coach. Robinson chuckles that forward Alexander Steen calls him "Larry the Legend." "He'll say, 'How many Cups did you win? Nine? Oh my God!'" he said with a laugh. "And David (Alexander) calls me 'Dad.' Hey, call me anything, but don't call me late for dinner."

I miss Larry. One of the all-timers.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

if this is true then it's good news for us. With our cap space we're a good landing spot for team having to clear salaries to stay under cap. But with the cap constantly rising teams are not as strapped anymore.

Also it gives less flexibility for other teams just just enough cap space

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

I mean.. if its on twitter and that I know it now... i feel like the family and the Red Wings also heard about it already lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5M per to be a GM.. man oh man.

I wonder what Lou was making back in the day with NJ.  Had to be.. a lot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

5M per to be a GM.. man oh man.

I wonder what Lou was making back in the day with NJ.  Had to be.. a lot.

31 other guys and their agents are very happy today. A rising tide raises all boats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see what will happen to the Oilers now.  They seem to have finally found a guy who has a pretty lengthy history of success to lead their organization.  However, it seems that he will be under more pressure that he was in Detroit where year's of success has pretty much drained their pipeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

It will be interesting to see what will happen to the Oilers now.  They seem to have finally found a guy who has a pretty lengthy history of success to lead their organization.  However, it seems that he will be under more pressure that he was in Detroit where year's of success has pretty much drained their pipeline.

I guess you could look at it a couple ways.  On the one hand it's pretty clear and most people should understand exactly what you said - that Detroit had so much success for a long time that they were due to have some bare cupboards eventually - similar to us - but on the other hand, that still sort of puts pressure on the new GM to try to duplicate the same success and length of consistency - something he obviously wasn't able to do.  

Likewise, you'd think in Edmonton expectations would be low considering how bad the team has been, but you could make the argument that they're somewhat high - since Edmonton actually has some talent and Holland won't be in a situation like he was in Detroit where he had a team and organization void of much talent.

I tend to think the latter on both, but I could still see people viewing it the other way too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Clickbait-y title, but I get hot and sweaty thinking about a Lundqvist-led team beating the Rangers en route to a Stanley Cup. Unfortunately for Hank and fortunately for us, neither the Rangers nor Lundqvist are good enough for another crack at that thing in his career. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.