Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils announce radio streaming agreement with Entercom

Recommended Posts

This is awesome stuff.  I've been using Radio.com year almost 10 years to listen to WFAN.  In most cases I can find a video feed of Devils games, but if I'm ever unable to this is a great backup to at least be able to get the audio, and with this you know it'll be reliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean they are off terrestrial radio aka WFAN and only available streaming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Does this mean they are off terrestrial radio aka WFAN and only available streaming?

That's what I would assume.  They were basically off of WFAN for most of the games last year.  It sucks because I would listen to the games on the FAN on my drive home from work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

That's what I would assume.  They were basically off of WFAN for most of the games last year.  It sucks because I would listen to the games on the FAN on my drive home from work. 

Why can't you do that now with the app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sammyk said:

Why can't you do that now with the app?

Believe it or not, people like my Dad like the sound of the broadcast over AM - aka sh!tty quality.

The crystal clear radio streams don't do it for him, for some reason.  Probably a generational thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Believe it or not, people like my Dad like the sound of the broadcast over AM - aka sh!tty quality.

The crystal clear radio streams don't do it for him, for some reason.  Probably a generational thing.

Having grown up listening to baseball on AM radio, I still associate the poor quality with how it’s “supposed” to sound. 

But do I like FM better? Definitely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who has a mobile data plan where I pay per GB used, I hate having to stream the game audio while driving. Especially since I have a radio in my car that used to play the games for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Believe it or not, people like my Dad like the sound of the broadcast over AM - aka sh!tty quality.

The crystal clear radio streams don't do it for him, for some reason.  Probably a generational thing.

That's just being stubborn towards technology.

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

As someone who has a mobile data plan where I pay per GB used, I hate having to stream the game audio while driving. Especially since I have a radio in my car that used to play the games for free.

C'mon dude, it's 2018, everyone offers unlimited plans.  Besides, audio streaming isn't usually a data hog, a game isn't going to set you back too much data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't matter if Matt Loughlin is still the play by play man.

Awful radio is awful radio.

 

 

I can't believe the Devils can't find anyone better to do play by play on the radio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Doesn't matter if Matt Loughlin is still the play by play man.

Awful radio is awful radio.

 

 

I can't believe the Devils can't find anyone better to do play by play on the radio.

Good point.  Well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, the parent company to WFAN (Entercom) also has a deal in place with the Islanders so some of the Devs/Isles matchups will be on WFAN, go figure: 

In addition, WFAN Sports Radio 101.9 FM and 660 AM will promote all live, digital streams and air select head-to-head matchups between the two teams.

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/entercom-partners-devils-islanders-exclusively-stream-all-games-during-2018-19-season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't know how this is even remotely good or OK.  We are literally being kicked off the radio for online wasteland.  I don't care how many people use Spotify and other streaming services in their car, this is a completely different situation and it's bad.

As for AM, there is a bit of an aura around hearing games over AM.  It has a classic sound to it and I will admit there are times when a game is on I put on the AM station over the FM simulcast.  I guess it's the same sort of thing where often times songs just sound better on the radio than playing it off a CD or digital player.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.