Sign in to follow this  
Devils01

Home Opener

Hey guys I just bought my tickets for Thursday home opener.

I’m  driving down from Montreal, first time at the Rock I’m super excited. I’m driving down Wednesday night should get in the area around 10am Thursday morning.

I need some suggestions on what to do in the area, where to go and what to see. Also would like to know what time the red carpet event starts at?

thanks

In terms of Newark, not a whole lot.  While Newark is improving every year, it is still very much a work in progress.  There are some restaurants and bars right next to and around the arena that may be worth a visit.  There is also bars like Barcade which is a bar with lots of old-school arcade games as well as a restaurant by Marcus Samuelsson, but those are further away from the arena.

There is also Jersey City and Hoboken that are just a short PATH train ride away which have more things to do.  I guess it also depends on where you are staying.

Thanks!

well I’m staying 10 minutes from the arena I’ll have a car so it’ll be easy to get around.

any idea if you have tickets to the game you can be part of the red carpet to see the players ?

aslo what time does it start at ?

1 hour ago, Devils01 said:

Thanks!

well I’m staying 10 minutes from the arena I’ll have a car so it’ll be easy to get around.

any idea if you have tickets to the game you can be part of the red carpet to see the players ?

aslo what time does it start at ?

Yeah the red carpet is outside the arena in Championship plaza.  However, most likely it will be mobbed and right now Thursday is calling for rain, so it might either be miserable or cancelled.

I think the red carpet starts around 4-4:30, but don't quote me on that.

As we speak there’s a storm coming towards nj is it safe for me to come down ? What are the reports like ?

Right now, they are calling for thunderstorms on Thursday.  Nothing major, but it looks like rain throughout the day.  It shouldn't be anything to worry about and you should be fine to travel down from MTL.  It might be a rainy stay for you which sucks.  They usually do the red carpet and then have a band and food/beer trucks in championship plaza for opening night, which is a fun atmosphere.  But with the predicted weather, that likely won't happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Right now, they are calling for thunderstorms on Thursday.  Nothing major, but it looks like rain throughout the day.  It shouldn't be anything to worry about and you should be fine to travel down from MTL.  It might be a rainy stay for you which sucks.  They usually do the red carpet and then have a band and food/beer trucks in championship plaza for opening night, which is a fun atmosphere.  But with the predicted weather, that likely won't happen. 

Thanks for the info.

hopefully the weather changes ☹️