Devils 2018-2019 news and notes thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I mean I'm not a fan of Keith either but I don't want this to happen either lol 

Might be a new trivia question though if it happens. Have we ever given up back to back hat tricks on home ice? Lol 

Have we ever pulled the starting goalie because he played like sh!t, put in the second string, then pulled him because he played like sh!t and then put the original guy back in?

We have a legitimate chance of that happening here. 

21 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I mean I'm not a fan of Keith either but I don't want this to happen either lol 

Might be a new trivia question though if it happens. Have we ever given up back to back hat tricks on home ice? Lol 

Kovy doesn't bother me anymore.  It was five and a half years ago since he left and I am largely over it.

Keith, on the other hand, is pissing me off now and I want him to get clowned tonight.

A bit off topic, but while reading through different Devils articles online, today i found one from nj.com where they were talking about McKenzie being sent back down to the AHL. One of the comments was about how the Devils need Lou to right the ship because Shero is clueless. So I replied with this (see image) and my content was banned. According to nj.com, they ban content based on the following, "Do not post dehumanizing material. This means content that is racist, obscene, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic or bigoted against individuals or groups."

I can understand not agreeing with my opinions--everyone is entitled to their own. But I cannot understand banning what I wrote here as dehumanizing material. What a bunch of snowflakes at nj.com!

Capture.PNG

Edited by slasher72

4 hours ago, slasher72 said:

A bit off topic, but while reading through different Devils articles online, today i found one from nj.com where they were talking about McKenzie being sent back down to the AHL. One of the comments was about how the Devils need Lou to right the ship because Shero is clueless. So I replied with this (see image) and my content was banned. According to nj.com, they ban content based on the following, "Do not post dehumanizing material. This means content that is racist, obscene, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic or bigoted against individuals or groups."

I can understand not agreeing with my opinions--everyone is entitled to their own. But I cannot understand banning what I wrote here as dehumanizing material. What a bunch of snowflakes at nj.com!

Capture.PNG

You used that thing, you know: logic, to make good, valid point. 

Idiots cant handle that, and Lou can do no wrong to some.

in all seriousness, there is absolutely nothing to get banned in there, I’d even take it to social media and ask Chris Ryan what the hell.

Edited by jagknife

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So Mikko Koivu out for the season.  Not crazy to think Zajac could be a nice fit there.  He’s better than Koivu at this point, he’s from around there and could rekindle some magic with Parise.  His contract is also pretty manageable at this point.  

there is absolutely no reason to trade zajac right now for what you'd probably get. if you have any intention of being any good next year, you need zajac. i'm not sure i trade him for Minny's 1st this year.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

More importantly, I don’t think he wants that either. 

I'd do whatever Zajac wants. If he wants to get some cup runs with a contender I would happily trade him, because I think that is what he deserves as a player and because I'd get some asset back. If he wants to stay here I'd also happily keep him as a leader and mentor to the younger guys. Really it is a situation where I would sit down with the player and find out what is best for him and acquiesce if he wanted to make some runs at the cup. Unfortunately I don't think our window of being a true contender is going to line up with his playing years.  

Boy I have to disagree about Zajac - it's not so much about the cap hit, but that he's signed for two additional years and his play is only going to get worse.  He absolutely doesn't fit into the timeline here.

If you can get something seriously good for him I think you've gotta do it.  Maybe a move in the offseason makes more sense when you have the chance to replace him through free agency or something. 

• Angry 1

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Boy I have to disagree about Zajac - it's not so much about the cap hit, but that he's signed for two additional years and his play is only going to get worse.  He absolutely doesn't fit into the timeline here.

If you can get something seriously good for him I think you've gotta do it.  Maybe a move in the offseason makes more sense when you have the chance to replace him through free agency or something. 

If we trade Zajac we might never win another face off again lol 

really my only gripe with Nico. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You're not going to replace Zajac in free agency and if you do you'll just go through the same issue with the free agent.  His play absolutely will decline but the Devils can live with that - they need to put someone in front of Zajac on the depth chart, not get rid of him and then have 2 holes to fill.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Triumph said:

You're not going to replace Zajac in free agency and if you do you'll just go through the same issue with the free agent.  His play absolutely will decline but the Devils can live with that - they need to put someone in front of Zajac on the depth chart, not get rid of him and then have 2 holes to fill.

If the Devils end up with one of the top two picks, Zajac becomes expendable pretty much immediately.  Obviously they can't count on that until it happens so a deadline deal involving him isn't likely.  However, an ACL tear at this time of the year for someone Koivu's age makes it likely that he won't be back at least until December.  So that's a deal that could make sense even in the offseason.

My guess is that the team is hoping Zacha turns into Zajac's replacement and that sees the poor showing he's had thus far to be something of a blessing in disguise.  Barring some amazing hot streak to finish the season, you can probably sign Zacha to a new deal that is very similar to what Miles Wood is getting.  If he turns into remotely the player the Devils hoped he was going to be, that becomes an amazing value, especially if Ray decides it's time to really go after a big money free agent.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If the Devils end up with one of the top two picks, Zajac becomes expendable pretty much immediately.  Obviously they can't count on that until it happens so a deadline deal involving him isn't likely.  However, an ACL tear at this time of the year for someone Koivu's age makes it likely that he won't be back at least until December.  So that's a deal that could make sense even in the offseason.

My guess is that the team is hoping Zacha turns into Zajac's replacement and that sees the poor showing he's had thus far to be something of a blessing in disguise.  Barring some amazing hot streak to finish the season, you can probably sign Zacha to a new deal that is very similar to what Miles Wood is getting.  If he turns into remotely the player the Devils hoped he was going to be, that becomes an amazing value, especially if Ray decides it's time to really go after a big money free agent.

Kakko isn’t a Center though...