Devils 2018-2019 news and notes thread

MadDog2020

On 2/26/2019 at 9:41 AM, Nicomo said:

He was really good Oct-Dec last season. 

Fair, though I'd argue at that point that the pressure really wasn't on yet.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:56 AM, mfitz804 said:

He’s only been on the team when we were largely irrelevant. Except for last year’s playoff run when he was obviously hurt. 

Fair point.

On 2/26/2019 at 10:09 AM, Devil Dan 56 said:

When was the last time he was in the lineup and the team wasn't largely irrelevant?

Sorta like the other one I quoted, but fair point.  

We haven't really had a chance to see Cory down a stretch run.

32 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

So I guess the Devils don't have to try and tank.  Ouch.

Jesus Christ I guess sometimes these problems solve themselves.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Holy sh!t, Yakovlev is skating up front lmfao. 

32287906447_fc4afcdcd2_b.jpg

This just in, mfitz signed a 10 day contract, Yak is no longer up front, he's a healthy scratch. Guy just can't catch a break. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

man, the entire team is injured. Good thing we weren't in the chase for the wildcard this season 

Gotta wonder how many wouldn't be injured, or being injured would still be able to play, if we were competitive. 

This is management doing what a lot of you asked for. 

18 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

I guess we know something now other than why not have this done earlier?

Pretty sure he's been practicing/skating on his own, and maybe even with the team, so maybe they didn't think it was that serious and he was trying to return without having to undergo surgery, and they finally came to the conclusion that it really is that bad and he needs it?  That's the only thing I can think of, because otherwise, you're right, they wasted a few months.

Suffice to say, this isn't good news, and I stand by my belief that I've had for months now which is that I would be cautious in negotiating and handing over Fort Knox.  

34 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

I guess we know something now other than why not have this done earlier?

Not surprising, and honestly, they had the time to see if he could avoid surgery, we didn’t need him to accomplish our goals this year. 

Now, they better not give him a 1 Year Parise deal so he can show all of the other teams he’s healthy and then sign a long term deal elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Not surprising, and honestly, they had the time to see if he could avoid surgery, we didn’t need him to accomplish our goals this year. 

Now, they better not give him a 1 Year Parise deal so he can show all of the other teams he’s healthy and then sign a long term deal elsewhere. 

He’s under contract next year. They don’t need to give him a one year deal. Can we please knock off the Parise PTSD? 

• Like 3