Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils 2018-2019 news and notes thread

14 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Apologies if someone posted this in another thread but what the F does a Devil have to do to get one of the Stars of the Week? Palms was not one.  👿 Crazy. 

Bergeron, Rielly & Aho got 'em. 

The Sweden game was technically last week, so it was 4 goals in 2 games for him.  The others simply had more points than him in the past week.

Frankly I do not care if we never get any star of the week for the entire season.  As long as we win games the rest is fluff.

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don't see Hynes rocking the boat if Kink is getting the job done whether Schneider is ready to go or not.

• Like 1

A handy guide for reading Kink’s tweets: 

B409CF39-A8BE-4D2C-8FF5-0C2A9B1ED691.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't see Hynes rocking the boat if Kink is getting the job done whether Schneider is ready to go or not.

It's funny...it's premature to say this, but in some ways this is starting to remind me a little of the Sean Burke - Chris Terreri situation.  As many older folk know, Burke earned a lot of currency with Lou and the Devils with the magical playoff run...and at the time he was seen as the future prototype of NHL goaltenders:  big (think he was 6' 4") and able to cover a lot of space in front of the net.  Terreri was a short pure reflex goalie...the kind that some were starting to say was obsolete.

A funny thing kept happening though...Terreri simply kept outplaying Burke.  The Devils clearly WANTED Burke to be their guy, but Terreri simply refused to let that happen...to his credit, he NEVER complained when the Devils kept giving Burke chances at Terreri's expense, but eventually he simply wore down the Devils with his better play, and flat-out wrested the job away from Burke (after a full-year holdout due to a contract impasse that cost Burke the 1991-92 season, he was dealt with Eric Weinrich for Bobby Holik and a 2nd-rounder that became Jay Pandolfo). 

With the way KK played last season (.932 save% in his last 20 regular games) and the start he's off to so far (though still very early), he's at least earned the chance to make Schneider have to earn his way back to at least at 50-50 split.  And this isn't a statement on Schneider, as much as it is saying that KK's done enough to not get automatically relegated to clear #2 status.  Amazing considering where KK's game was not so long ago.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why is Eddie Lack a taco? :lol:

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

When I first looked at it, I thought Kink’s emoji for Gryba was a minus, which would be fitting and hilarious. Then I saw that Quenneville has the minus symbol next to his name too, and I realized that Kink has probably never given either of them a shout out in a tweet, meaning they have no emoji as of yet. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

When I first looked at it, I thought Kink’s emoji for Gryba was a minus, which would be fitting and hilarious. Then I saw that Quenneville has the minus symbol next to his name too, and I realized that Kink has probably never given either of them a shout out in a tweet, meaning they have no emoji as of yet. 

Same. 

From what I gather from the kids today, as long as he doesn’t make one of them the eggplant it’s all good.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

He loves tacos and have a tattoo of a taco

Edited by hrasvalg

Anxiously waiting for news on Butcher.. hope it's not what the consensus seemed to be last night.

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Anxiously waiting for news on Butcher.. hope it's not what the consensus seemed to be last night.

I hold out no hope that it isn’t serious. If it wasn’t, we’d probably already know.

19 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Haha Schneider’s is just wrong

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Same. 

From what I gather from the kids today, as long as he doesn’t make one of them the eggplant it’s all good.

After that training camp picture, Quennville might be the eggplant. #nowwerise

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

After that training camp picture, Quennville might be the eggplant. #nowwerise

Valid point. 

that's what im thinking... if it was broken we'd know by now. Could still mean he needed surgery say a muscle, tendon or wtv ripped though

4 hours ago, devlman said:

Haha Schneider’s is just wrong

I think he said after one of the games to deb that cory signed off on that clown

8 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

I think he said after one of the games to deb that cory signed off on that clown

There's no lesbian turtle emoji, what else could he do??

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

I buy it. Cory doesn’t seem like he takes himself too seriously.

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well if something was broken I think they'd have told us. A day or two off might be what he needs. 

That's a nice thing to do for someone. 

i very much don't think they'd have said anything because they don't have to. The tell will be tonight's Binghamton game. If someone is scratched from that game (think Yakovlev or, say, Lappin because they're going to put Santini or Gryba in and maybe sub Lappin for Quenneville), then you'll know something is up.

• Like 1