Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils 2018-2019 news and notes thread

20 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Someone at the end of his career like Stafford isn't exactly playing for the next contract.

No, he's not playing for his current contract. ;) 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No, he's not playing for his current contract. ;) 

4th zinger in like 5 posts. You're on fire. 🔥

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

4th zinger in like 5 posts. You're on fire. 🔥

It's what I do. The reason behind it is, my day job is way too serious so I act like a 12 year old on the internet to balance it out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bonginator11 said:

I don’t understand why Lovejoy can’t sit

The d-corps is a little thin, forcing the marginal to play most games.  Any help on the horizon there?  ( And who would want Greene anyway?)

Thoughts on Palmieri potentially being used as trade bait?

Pretty great contract for a streaky 30 goal scorer.  Think he honestly might be one of our more valuable pieces.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Thoughts on Palmieri potentially being used as trade bait?

Pretty great contract for a streaky 30 goal scorer.  Think he honestly might be one of our more valuable pieces.

I'm nowhere near there yet.  He's definitely streaky, but I see him as part of the solution.  It wasn't so long ago that we all screaming for a guy who could put pucks in the net at a 30 goals per 82 GP pace.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm nowhere near there yet.  He's definitely streaky, but I see him as part of the solution.  It wasn't so long ago that we all screaming for a guy who could put pucks in the net at a 30 goals per 82 GP pace.  

This is true.  I certainly don't want to get rid of him, by any means.

I'm just thinking of ways we could possibly get a top-3 or low end top-2 defender and Palms seems like the only borderline tradeable guy that would fetch us such a piece.

13 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Pretty pissed about that, but it's not like we were the home team, so he wasn't gonna get booed or anything, and there aren't many guys left on the team from that 2012 Cup run anyway, so no one to get vengeance on him either.  It's basically a non-issue now.  He'll get booed the first/next time he's back in NJ by the fans for sure, but that's about it.

For me, the fact that kovalchuk is going to be forced to play through a rebuild in LA for the next 3 years is delicious. 

That is unless a stupid GM tries to acquire him or something. But I believe he's got two more years left and with it being a 35+ contact not many teams will probably be interested

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

and there aren't many guys left on the team from that 2012 Cup run anyway, so no one to get vengeance on him either.  

Guys are not going to “get vengeance” over a contract matter. It doesn’t even happen for bad hits on the ice in today’s NHL. Sometimes I wonder what game you guys are watching, it seems better than what I’m watching. 

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Guys are not going to “get vengeance” over a contract matter. It doesn’t even happen for bad hits on the ice in today’s NHL. Sometimes I wonder what game you guys are watching, it seems better than what I’m watching. 

I don't really mean get vengeance in the sense that they'd stab him and take off in a white Bronco.  I do think some of the guys on that 2012 team would have played a bit harder against Kovy during his first game back.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't really mean get vengeance in the sense that they'd stab him and take off in a white Bronco.  

I miss Scott Stevens too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Kovy is a non-entity for me at this point.  What he did sucks, but it was 5 and a half years ago and he was playing on the 4th line of the last place team in the NHL.

Whoops. Meant to put that in the ATL thread.

Edited by MadDog2020

Good news is... the world juniors are starting soon so we'll all have a decent team to root for! well for a few weeks at least

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Good news is... the world juniors are starting soon so we'll all have a decent team to root for! well for a few weeks at least

I'm German

• Haha 4

KK might've been hurt in practice today.

Brace yourselves for the Cory Schneider show.

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Was it his catching hand? I noticed him shaking it quite a few times in the last game. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

ONE MAN TANK JOB, LOVE IT!

25 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

ONE MAN TANK JOB, LOVE IT!

Cory should have gotten the starts a lot sooner in the struggle. Now the team is at a point when they're running out of time to turn the ship around and it's forced. Whatever. I'm so unbelievably disappointed so far. I was really looking forward to hockey this year and we're weeks away from already having to look forward to the draft. 

49 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Was it his catching hand? I noticed him shaking it quite a few times in the last game. 

You got it:

Though:

Might be a nagging thing.

15 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You got it:

Though:

Might be a nagging thing.

Hey, I was paying attention during that last debacle they called a game!!

Edited by mfitz804