Devils 2018-2019 news and notes thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmfao

For the life of me, I can’t understand how someone thinks I’m articulate! 

According to the tweets that pop up next to the message board, Brian Boyle's cancer is officially in remission.  Congrats, big guy. 

Posted Images

On 1/12/2019 at 1:59 PM, Satans Hockey said:

I'm fine with giving him whatever he wants. It's not like we don't have the cap space. 

Agreed - if Hall wants to stay here you have to keep him.  I refuse to worry about 'wasting' cap space on guys like Vats and Hall because literally what the hell else are we going to spend it on?

In b4 "Gotta save for Nico and Bratt's bridge deals!!1!"

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Agreed - if Hall wants to stay here you have to keep him.  I refuse to worry about 'wasting' cap space on guys like Vats and Hall because literally what the hell else are we going to spend it on?

In b4 "Gotta save for Nico and Bratt's bridge deals!!1!"

I don't think they are going to have to worry about cap space for a while. They have 3 of their largest contracts coming off the books. Greene after next season, Zajac the season after that, then Schneider after that one. 

If Greene or Zajac re-sign it'll be for less money. Greene will be 38 and probably retire. Zajac will be 36 and not getting 5 million again. I doubt Cory will still be here by the time his contract runs out unless something dramatic happens. There will be plenty of space for Hall, Vats, Nico, Bratt, and whoever we take 3rd overall if Blackwood gets hurt again. 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hey @DevsMan84 and you other jersey expects. Where is the best place to get one of these Devils made from recycled ocean plastic jerseys? I'm debating getting just a blank one. 

Anywhere that is selling them doesn’t have the on-ice jerseys, so wherever you find it is fine. One guy on a jersey board I frequent was happy with the ASG jersey he got from NHL.com. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If Wood is hurt and has to sit out tonight's game, who gets the call-up now since Stafford, Rooney, and Seney are all already up?  Pietila?  I guess Lappin is buried in the AHL forever?

I wonder what Lappin did to fall to the literal bottom of the call-up list?

I thought he looked serviceable at worst during his time with the big team.. but what do I know.

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

I wonder what Lappin did to fall to the literal bottom of the call-up list?

I thought he looked serviceable at worst during his time with the big team.. but what do I know.

Same.  I mean, I was never a huge fan of his, but it certainly seemed like he was towards the top of the list and thought highly of by the coaching staff and/or management, and now it looks like almost the opposite.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:13 AM, EdgeControl said:

I would seriously consider trading hall 

ok google how do I delete someone else's post?

All joking aside, unless Taylor makes it abundantly clear that he will not re-sign here you don't trade him. The Devils are oozing with cap space and can pay him an extra 2 or 3 million a year to sweeten the pot. I don't care if he's the highest paid player in hockey, you pay that motherfvcker. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If Wood is hurt and has to sit out tonight's game, who gets the call-up now since Stafford, Rooney, and Seney are all already up?  Pietila?  I guess Lappin is buried in the AHL forever?

Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Speers have a good camp too? What the hell happened to him?

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

ok google how do I delete someone else's post?

All joking aside, unless Taylor makes it abundantly clear that he will not re-sign here you don't trade him. The Devils are oozing with cap space and can pay him an extra 2 or 3 million a year to sweeten the pot. I don't care if he's the highest paid player in hockey, you pay that motherfvcker. 

I agree with you, but I hope he doesn't become more and more brittle as he ages.  He's missed 88 games over the last 8 seasons.  I say sign him, but we may have to prepare for him to Cammalleri his way into missing 15-20 games in the seasons to come. 

4 hours ago, jagknife said:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Speers have a good camp too? What the hell happened to him?

Completely forgot about him.  I think you're right, pretty sure he did have a good camp as well.  You gotta think, with the organization having seen enough of Q apparently, that someone like Speers would get the call up next.  Can't see them going back to a guy like Q and reliving what they already know.

41 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Can't see them going back to a guy like Q and reliving what they already know.

You mean like they do with Greene, Zacha, Lovejoy, Stafford...

I shouldn’t rag on Lovejoy though, he did try to break that guy’s fists with his forehead last night. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I shouldn’t rag on Lovejoy though, he did try to break that guy’s fists with his forehead last night. 

Even if I don't always agree with it, to an extent I get Greene (though barely), Zacha, and Lovejoy (for different reasons in each case).  Stafford I don't, but enough keeps happening that he somehow keeps sneaking into the lineup...he's like a damned cockroach.

Not like I've hidden my feelings about Q, but I really hope the Devils are just done with him.  Make him a throw-in (a la Blandisi) in a future deal and call it a day.  He's about to notch his 100th AHL point (99 through 121 AHL games)...woo hoo!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Even if I don't always agree with it, to an extent I get Greene (though barely), Zacha, and Lovejoy (for different reasons in each case).  Stafford I don't, but enough keeps happening that he somehow keeps sneaking into the lineup...he's like a damned cockroach.

Not like I've hidden my feelings about Q, but I really hope the Devils are just done with him.  Make him a throw-in (a la Blandisi) in a future deal and call it a day.  He's about to notch his 100th AHL point (99 through 121 AHL games)...woo hoo!

And sell low?! Are you mad, man?! He's on the cusp!!! == Hynes, probably

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

For the life of me I can’t understand how you can sound so articulate but then lump our 21 year old in with a group of three geriatrics.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

For the life of me I can’t understand how you can sound so articulate but then lump our 21 year old in with a group of three geriatrics.

Unfortunately some people will always compare him to Barzal (even though Zacha and Crouse were the top forwards left on the board according central scouting rankings at the time). He isn't and never will be that player, but he can absolutely he a solid player in the coming years. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You're on a roll lately dude...love the stream of humor...