Devils 2018-2019 news and notes thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmfao

For the life of me, I can’t understand how someone thinks I’m articulate! 

According to the tweets that pop up next to the message board, Brian Boyle's cancer is officially in remission.  Congrats, big guy. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HellOnICE said:

Why not just LTIR him if he has to retire early? 

Can they loan him off cap overseas?

Only ~1M comes off the cap if Schneider is loaned anywhere besides the NHL.  That's not a solution.

LTIR is only an option if Schneider decides he's done and the Devils can fabricate an injury.  If Schneider wants to keep playing, and I imagine he does, this isn't a realistic option.

I feel bad for Cory, he's a great guy, couldn't be nicer to the fans and seems like a great teammate. Even when he could he never threw his teammates under the bus in post game interviews. 

It's a shame he had this injury, the surgery recovery is clearly affecting him physically and we can only guess how much mentally now. 

I hope he can somehow, someway turn it around but it's really not looking good.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 7
4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I feel bad for Cory, he's a great guy, couldn't be nicer to the fans and seems like a great teammate. Even when he could he never threw his teammates under the bus in post game interviews. 

It's a shame he had this injury, the surgery recovery is clearly affecting him physically and we can only guess how much mentally now. 

I hope he can somehow, someway turn it around but it's really not looking good.

He was the only source of light in some extremely dark years. It's one of the worst things, sports wise, that could have happened for me in the past five years. He really was great for us at the wrong time. Still pretty unfathomable how bad it has become.

• Like 3

If we're going to pretend winning and making the playoffs is our actual goal.. I don't see how you can go into next season with Cory still on the roster.

Absolute shame how his time here is apparently going to end.

11 hours ago, Steven M. said:

He was the only source of light in some extremely dark years. It's one of the worst things, sports wise, that could have happened for me in the past five years. He really was great for us at the wrong time. Still pretty unfathomable how bad it has become.

It was always bad; at least with our fans.  Since day 1 he has been treated by a sizeable contingent of fans as an usurper to Marty's throne even in times when Marty was clearly finished as a player.  It was only his elite play in his first 3 seasons here (13-14 through 15-16) that kept those mongrels largely at bay.  Now that he is struggling, those people have been empowered to sh!t on him any chance they can get while at the same time elevating Kinkaid, whom they bizarrely believe that he is both an NHL-capable full-time starter and the "true" heir to Marty's throne.  What's worse is that the even larger fair-weather and casual fans have been following their lead in being very vocal about how much they dislike Cory.

I want Cory to not play a single game for the team again.  It would be the merciful thing to do in light of how he has been treated since he got here from the toxic elements in our fanbase.  We simply never deserved him.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Since day 1 he has been treated by a sizeable contingent of fans as an usurper to Marty's throne even in times when Marty was clearly finished as a player.  

Now I know exactly what happened to Cory.

46820341372_5f35237bd4_b.jpg

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Now I know exactly what happened to Cory.

It's more accurate than you think.  I have seen dozens, if not more, posts from people saying they hate Cory simply because he "whined" his way into the starters job away from Marty who was "outplaying" him back in the 13-14 season.  I kid you not.

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's more accurate than you think.  I have seen dozens, if not more, posts from people saying they hate Cory simply because he "whined" his way into the starters job away from Marty who was "outplaying" him back in the 13-14 season.  I kid you not.

That is definitive proof that not all stupid people are Rangers fans. 

The reverse, of course, is still true. 

• Haha 5
11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Mutantspeak.  Screw those clowns.

• Like 1

I do feel bad for Cory, because he is indeed a nice guy, and by all accounts has never said anything bad about his teammates or the organization.  He did play well for us for a few seasons too, but the sad truth however, is that his time simply seems to be up.  I think Cory will/should be remembered as a Devil who had a couple good seasons, and then fell victim to a few different circumstances that ultimately led to his early demise.  He had the hard task of being the next goalie to follow in the footsteps of not only the best goalie our team has ever seen, but quite possibly all time in the league itself, so in some ways he was set up to fail right out of the gate.  There were people who were never going to like him, even if he had posted dozens of shutouts and had a .950+ save percentage year after year.  He did enough to earn the respect and faith of most of us in his first year or two here, but unfortunately that was very short lived and basically his tenure here in New Jersey is 50-50, with him now having just about the same number of bad seasons as he has had good ones.  The reasons for him being in this predicament notwithstanding, I have no ill will towards Cory and I thank him for his service to our team.  While it would have been great if the last few seasons were as good as his first few years and we could look forward to a handful of more from him to carry us into the post-season, that's not the case and it seems to be in the best interest for all that we start to look towards our next long-term option in goal.  I do wish him the best and I wouldn't blame him for trying to play elsewhere, but I really doubt he's going to find much, if any success.  But hey, I could be wrong, sometimes all people need for a reboot is a change.  Good luck Cory.  

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2

Strange... a few of the Bing writers I follow on Twitter had been saying that Cory was going to get the start tonight. 

Jeff Ulmer‏ @Ski931  Blackwood gets the start tonight vs Hartford. Cam backs up. Schneider not dressed. #BingDevil

No word on Schneider. Played in 2 of the 3 games on conditioning stint.

11 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Strange... a few of the Bing writers I follow on Twitter had been saying that Cory was going to get the start tonight. 

Jeff Ulmer‏ @Ski931  Blackwood gets the start tonight vs Hartford. Cam backs up. Schneider not dressed. #BingDevil

No word on Schneider. Played in 2 of the 3 games on conditioning stint.

Maybe Cory is ‘injured’ again....

• Like 1