Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils 2018-2019 news and notes thread

I am actually quite surprised that no one can provide a report on what is wrong with Hall and why no one can provide a timeline.  It's mindblowing.  If this were Toronto or NY, the media reaction to this would be much worse.

He skated once about 1-2 weeks ago and then nothing.  

No news  - very frustrating

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don't know nothing about Agostino, but I did see "Stafford out" and I didn't care who was in to replace him, I would have accepted literally anyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CMONPETEYD said:

I am actually quite surprised that no one can provide a report on what is wrong with Hall and why no one can provide a timeline.  It's mindblowing.  If this were Toronto or NY, the media reaction to this would be much worse.

He skated once about 1-2 weeks ago and then nothing.  

No news  - very frustrating

I am often surprised by the way people expect to be told about a guy's injury or that we as fans "need" or "deserve" to know what the extent of a guy's injury is. Really its none of our business, all we need to know is whether he is ready to play or not. He's not. 

That being said, Shero & Co. must realize it's 2019. Our star player, who everyone has hopes for (whether its "extend him" or "trade him for a huge amount of assets" has missed over a quarter of the season, with no apparent prospect of returning anytime soon, and nobody is saying anything. If you're going to expect your fanbase to be invested in your team in the "all information NOW" age, surely an update at this point would be appropriate. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I am often surprised by the way people expect to be told about a guy's injury or that we as fans "need" or "deserve" to know what the extent of a guy's injury is. Really its none of our business, all we need to know is whether he is ready to play or not. He's not. 

That being said, Shero & Co. must realize it's 2019. Our star player, who everyone has hopes for (whether its "extend him" or "trade him for a huge amount of assets" has missed over a quarter of the season, with no apparent prospect of returning anytime soon, and nobody is saying anything. If you're going to expect your fanbase to be invested in your team in the "all information NOW" age, surely an update at this point would be appropriate. 

I think  in this case - they are perplexed and do not know what is wrong maybe or to what extent even.  He got hurt in practice, played 2 games, aggravated it and then was out.  Then he skated again a few weeks back and hasn't been on the ice since.

I think this would be a different case if we as fans saw the injury happen.  Usually an injury that is caused in a game is usually reported on and followed up on in a more informative way.  I don't think i've seen an unknown injury like this linger on for so long since George McPhee's infamous Groin Injury in the 87-88 season 

It wouldn't surprise me if they just shut Hall down for the rest of the year at this rate.

Meaningless hockey from here on out.  Literally no reason to get him back in the lineup, and if the injury is something that has the potential to linger long-term.. 

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they just shut Hall down for the rest of the year at this rate.

Meaningless hockey from here on out.  Literally no reason to get him back in the lineup, and if the injury is something that has the potential to linger long-term.. 

I'm actually fine with this, just say it! lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMONPETEYD said:

I'm actually fine with this, just say it! lol

I think that's the point. None of us want to rush him back, just let us know what the heck is going on. I mean it has to be pretty serious for him to be out all of this time. 

• Like 1

So we have a 0.06 chance of still making the playoffs. 

20 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ben Lovejoy called {INSERT LATEST EMBARRASSING LOSS} "one of the worst games I've ever been part of." 

That does it!  Another meeting! 

Image result for planning to plan

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2019 at 2:24 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

It’s ridiculous they haven’t given an update on the team’s star player. His absence is the main reason the fans have had to suffer miserably through this season. Any other market and the media would have extracted some information by now. I hope this isn’t an injury that could lead to chronic and structural issues down the line. 

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

It’s ridiculous they haven’t given an update on the team’s star player. His absence is the main reason the fans have had to suffer miserably through this season. Any other market and the media would have extracted some information by now. I hope this isn’t an injury that could lead to chronic and structural issues down the line. 

Lol what does knowing about his injury do for us fans? He isn't playing, I don't need to know if he is keeping it elevated or whatever. If he isn't on the ice at game time then I know he is still hurt.

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Lol what does knowing about his injury do for us fans? He isn't playing, I don't need to know if he is keeping it elevated or whatever. If he isn't on the ice at game time then I know he is still hurt.

That’s exactly how I feel, but it’s still amazing in 2019 when everyone demands information NOW. Ultimately, it’s Taylor’s business and while we may want to know, we don’t “need” or “deserve” to know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Details, my friend. Some fans like to know what’s going on to the team’s best player and the reason for his absence for quarter of a dreadful season. I’m not looking for a stool sample analysis, just any update, really, because if this is a serious injury, then that can lead to chronic issues. Adds more context to watching games. These CIA-level “he’s not skating” updates every three weeks do not give any information as to his possible return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, devlman said:

Details, my friend. Some fans like to know what’s going on to the team’s best player and the reason for his absence for quarter of a dreadful season. I’m not looking for a stool sample analysis, just any update, really, because if this is a serious injury, then that can lead to chronic issues. Adds more context to watching games. These CIA-level “he’s not skating” updates every three weeks do not give any information as to his possible return.

I demand the stool sample. The rest of the team has been sh!tting all over the ice, so it’s only fair. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s exactly how I feel, but it’s still amazing in 2019 when everyone demands information NOW. Ultimately, it’s Taylor’s business and while we may want to know, we don’t “need” or “deserve” to know. 

Id say we deserve a better update at the very least. I’ve never heard of a team sitting dead last in its division withholding injury updates on this scale. You only see that in the playoffs and for good reason. What possible reason would the Devils have to not give better updates? That tells me it’s either very serious (which fans ought to be informed) or he friggin stubbed his toe and they want to be extra cautious with him and promote tanking, and if it’s the latter I’d be pretty annoyed because it’s subjected us to misery on the ice. Either way, anything beyond these meager updates, the fans deserve. We’ve all been watching this sh!t show with Rooney Seney Gabriel and Gryba for months now.

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Id say we deserve a better update at the very least. I’ve never heard of a team sitting dead last in its division withholding injury updates on this scale. You only see that in the playoffs and for good reason. What possible reason would the Devils have to not give better updates? That tells me it’s either very serious (which fans ought to be informed) or he friggin stubbed his toe and they want to be extra cautious with him and promote tanking, and if it’s the latter I’d be pretty annoyed because it’s subjected us to misery on the ice. Either way, anything beyond these meager updates, the fans deserve. We’ve all been watching this sh!t show with Rooney Seney Gabriel and Gryba for months now.

I understand your argument. But I disagree completely. Just because we’re fans of the team doesn’t mean we are entitled to know these kind of details. 

If it is about tanking (although we were doing a fine job with him in the lineup), they can’t tell you. Do you think they’d admit that? No way. 

It's crazy that  I was criticized (quite heavily) earlier in the season for mentioning the fact that during a contract year Hall's injury was slightly concerning given the fact that he had a small issue last year and then again had one this season as well, and here we are two months later, and he hasn't played a single game since then, and no word whatsoever on what the injury actually is. 

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's crazy that  I was criticized (quite heavily) earlier in the season for mentioning the fact that during a contract year Hall's injury was slightly concerning given the fact that he had a small issue last year and then again had one this season as well, and here we are two months later, and he hasn't played a single game since then, and no word whatsoever on what the injury actually is. 

This is directed at me and you were not "slightly" concerned.  You were making him out to be Cammalleri 2.0.

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It’s not a contract year, he’s still under contract. We’re looking to extend him, but that’s not my understanding of the term. 

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

This is directed at me and you were not "slightly" concerned.  You were making him out to be Cammalleri 2.0.

Not only at you, but it's good to see you have self-awareness 😛😉  I never compared him to Cammalleri or implied that he's made of glass, but for all of the people saying "back up the brinks truck" and give him whatever he wants this off-season, that might not be the best idea.  Hell, there's an equally number of people saying they don't care if Hall were moved (I think yourself included), so how the hell could you justify giving him a blank check if he's not even integral to our team's future, especially with these injury concerns now to boot?