Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils 2018-2019 news and notes thread

man, the entire team is injured. Good thing we weren't in the chase for the wildcard this season 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I’m gonna laugh if/when they come out and win 5-1 tonight...

Image result for game of thrones out the window gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Mfritz for sure.

Ready to serve!

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Only if he still posts between shifts lol

Why, so I can get nicknamed "Meme Douche"? Like, even more than already??

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Holy sh!t, Yakovlev is skating up front lmfao. 

32287906447_fc4afcdcd2_b.jpg

This just in, mfitz signed a 10 day contract, Yak is no longer up front, he's a healthy scratch. Guy just can't catch a break. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

man, the entire team is injured. Good thing we weren't in the chase for the wildcard this season 

Gotta wonder how many wouldn't be injured, or being injured would still be able to play, if we were competitive. 

This is management doing what a lot of you asked for. 

20 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

I guess we know something now other than why not have this done earlier?

The only thing I can think of is Hall wanted to avoid surgery at all costs so they gave it as much time as they possibly could before turning to that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

Pretty sure he's been practicing/skating on his own, and maybe even with the team, so maybe they didn't think it was that serious and he was trying to return without having to undergo surgery, and they finally came to the conclusion that it really is that bad and he needs it?  That's the only thing I can think of, because otherwise, you're right, they wasted a few months.

Suffice to say, this isn't good news, and I stand by my belief that I've had for months now which is that I would be cautious in negotiating and handing over Fort Knox.  

34 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

Not surprising, and honestly, they had the time to see if he could avoid surgery, we didn’t need him to accomplish our goals this year. 

Now, they better not give him a 1 Year Parise deal so he can show all of the other teams he’s healthy and then sign a long term deal elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Not surprising, and honestly, they had the time to see if he could avoid surgery, we didn’t need him to accomplish our goals this year. 

Now, they better not give him a 1 Year Parise deal so he can show all of the other teams he’s healthy and then sign a long term deal elsewhere. 

He’s under contract next year. They don’t need to give him a one year deal. Can we please knock off the Parise PTSD? 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s under contract next year. They don’t need to give him a one year deal. Can we please knock off the Parise PTSD? 

Dear Zach

You were the chosen one! The savior! You said you'd never leave a Long Island.. errr Newark

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I do wonder if this affects Shero's alleged plan to attempt to sign him to an extension as soon as possible in July. 

Personally, I'd just give him the money and figure it out later.  If he LTIR's, so be it.  If he loses a step, well.. he's still got a lot going for him besides the blinding speed.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I do wonder if this affects Shero's alleged plan to attempt to sign him to an extension as soon as possible in July. 

Personally, I'd just give him the money and figure it out later.  If he LTIR's, so be it.  If he loses a step, well.. he's still got a lot going for him besides the blinding speed.

I feel like Hall will be reasonable when it comes to a new contract. Now... what his agent will want is what scares me. 

28 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I feel like Hall will be reasonable when it comes to a new contract. Now... what his agent will want is what scares me. 

The agent works for the player. He’ll do what Hall tells him.

Interesting how it was not Stein, our beat reporter, who broke this story.  Same with Chris Ryan and Abbey Whogivesadamn

I miss TG and even AG.

• Like 1

The team just sent out emails to all the season ticket holders that renewed that if there are any more injuries in Friday and Saturday's games that we'll all get to try out next week for the team. Wish me luck guys! 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

You’re right. But Fvck Parise anyway. 

• Like 3

Why the fuq didn't management make a statement about him 2 months ago?
This cloak and dagger bs is ridiculous.

A little transparency please!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm sure that is Shero's plan but Hall will likely first be watching to see what the Devils do, what kind of other player/players they add before signing a longterm extension.

YH9 is questionable to return this year.  So much to figure out in the off-season, this just adds to it.

2 hours ago, aclc79 said:

YH9 is questionable to return this year.  So much to figure out in the off-season, this just adds to it.

Did we change his name to Yegor also??

;) 

I flip flop back and forth and I am back to thinking Hall will sign. With his injury history, an 8 year contract in a place that won't skewer him for being injured is a useful carrot in the negotiations. Imagine if this current season of injury news/no news was happening in one of the Canadian cities? It'd be getting a lot more attention.