2 Tickets Home Opener Section 132 Row 5

Devils01

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I read in another thread earlier this week that someone (maybe it was you? lol) said there wasn't much to do in/around the arena, or even Newark in general.  You would've thought when they made the move there 10 years ago to the new arena that one of the driving factors was the city being up and coming.  I get it takes time, but you'd think a decade later we wouldn't be having this conversation.  

Don't get me wrong, Newark is definitely better than it was 10 years ago.  However it is still way behind other places like JC or Hoboken.

24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Don't get me wrong, Newark is definitely better than it was 10 years ago.  However it is still way behind other places like JC or Hoboken.

The area around the arena is pretty good now and certainly miles better than what it used to be.

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

The area around the arena is pretty good now and certainly miles better than what it used to be.

Eh I think that is subjective.  I don't particularly care for any of the 4 or so bars right around the arena and outside of that there is not much else to do.

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone else think its stupid to have a "red carpet arrival" at the second home game, which is actually the THIRD home game?

I mean, I guess its still fun and all, but its game 2 at the arena; they already "arrived". 

Yea I don't like it. Why not just put the red carpet on the main concourse instead?

Well, in a moment of hypocrisy, it looks like I may be able to attend Sunday's game after all, which makes the Fan Fest awesome again. What time does one need to arrive over there to be in a good spot? And are the parking lots open early, I am assuming so, yes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1