2018-19 Prospects Thread

LittleBallofHate

8 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That actually really pisses me off.  Those two fvcks, guys we had such high hopes for to be dynamic players in this league, are tearing it up in the SHL.  I know it's a far cry from the NHL, but I mean c'mon, why couldn't one of those guys pan out and have turned into at least a bottom 6 forward.  Instead they were both complete busts.

I just went and looked. That really is annoying.

With a goal tonight against the Marlies, Nick Lappin now has 40 goals (24 assists) in his last 82 AHL games (57 goals in 129 career AHL games), dating back to the start of last season.  It's nothing to get excited about...he turned 26 earlier this month, and it's not like his scoring has translated to the NHL in the slightest...5 career NHL goals in 49 career NHL games.  Definitely a solid AHL scorer though. 

Nice road win last night. Goals by Pietila & Lappin.

@RobLippolis  Devils defeat Toronto on the road tonight, 2-1. Huge block by Ramage with about ten seconds left. Mackenzie Blackwood stopped 42 and earned first star. #BNGvsTOR

A few tidbits from here: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2018/11/17/18100513/42-save-effort-by-mackenzie-blackwood-leads-binghamton-devils-2-1-win :

Blackwood (3-2-1-0, 2.26 GAA, 0.930 SV%) looks to have finally turned the corner with his best outing I’ve seen from him to date. You see the confidence level and his puck control is much improved over last season. I would confidently say he is back on the radar map.

And, much like the NJD game against Detroit, the penalties were uneven, as was the officiating: 

Penalties were lopsided with the Devils 7 calls vs 3 for Toronto. I rarely divert attention away from the game to blame officiating, but there was no way John Quenneville deserved a double-roughing call after receiving several punches by Jeremy Bracco in a corner scrum.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Great to see Blackwood stringing some games together like that

You're not kidding.  Devils DESPERATELY need one of their goalie prospects to pan out for a change.  Especially if Schneider can't ever get it together.

• Like 1

No Captain last year for Bing - one has finally been named... probably not who most would have guessed! 

Binghamton Devils‏Verified account @BingDevils  @kroons25 on being named team captain!

image.thumb.png.59ef8385b8cc3e35bc1005b7835535e7.pngETA: Binghamton Devils‏   Defenseman Brian Strait and forward Eric Tangradi will serve as assistant captains.

Edited by LittleBallofHate

29 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

No Captain last year for Bing - one has finally been named... probably not who most would have guessed! 

Binghamton Devils‏Verified account @BingDevils  @kroons25 on being named team captain!

image.thumb.png.59ef8385b8cc3e35bc1005b7835535e7.png

42DFA7D8-4FF0-43E1-B41B-79C6ABB47ED5.jpeg

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

43114419120_4a69471fe3_b.jpg

Beat me to it lol.

• Like 1

Bing has had a rough go of it lately. 3-2 OT loss to the Marlies. Loss to the Crunch, 4-1 then 5-3. 4-3 loss to Amerks. 

So let's move on to the younger prospects, thanks to Brian Franken for the writeup (AATJ): https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2018/11/27/18111397/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-11-27-18

Some snippets (lots more in the link): 

Ty Smith had a SH assist, +2, and 2 PIM in Spokane’s only game of the week against Kamloops on Saturday. Smith continues to lead WHL defensemen in assists (29), points (32), and points per game (1.52).

Jeremy Davies had 2 assists, +1, and 5 shots as Northeastern defeated RIT on Saturday. Davies is second on Northeastern in points (12) and leads the team in assists (9).

Jesper Boqvist began his week with a goal, assist, +1, and 5 shots in 16:15 against HV71 on Thursday. He followed that up with a +1 and 2 shots in 21:07 against Lulea on Saturday. He has really settled in nicely the past few weeks of the season with 6 goals and 7 assists over his past 14 games after opening the season with 2 assists over his first 6 games. Boqvist is tied for the team lead in scoring with 15 points in 20 games and he is tied for 14th place in the SHL. Among U21 players in the SHL, he is tied with Emil Bemstrom for the scoring lead.

Short interview with Talvitie, along with how to pronounce his name!  https://twitter.com/PennStateMHKY/status/1067448922770210817

• Like 1

Talvitie made the Finnish WJC roster. 

B-Devs lost to Hershey 6-3 yesterday (Cam Johnson was in net / Lack is injured) - the Bears were flying, as it was the Annual Teddy Bear toss - a record # of bears were tossed this year: 34,798.  http://www.binghamtondevils.com/news/?article_id=358

Bing won against the Amerks the night before, 3-0. with Blackwood in net. http://www.binghamtondevils.com/news/?article_id=357

Bing also won on 11/28 against the Comets, 4-2 with Blackwood in net. http://www.binghamtondevils.com/news/?article_id=356

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Excited to see if Ty Smith is going to make the World Juniors roster for Canada.

Devils prospect Ty Smith is 1 of 12 defensemen invited to Canada's World Junior camp. He'll be competing for a spot on the team for the WJ Championships, which start later this month.

• Like 2

Love the name Pontus almost as much as Hampus! 

Unfortunately, Reilly Walsh did NOT make the US Prelim roster - I'm surprised. 

Devils Insiders‏ @DevilsInsiders

No Reilly Walsh. He was the 7th defenseman on the trimmed down roster at the World Junior Summer Showcase.

Chris Ryan‏Verified account @ChrisRyan_NJ 

Devils defenseman prospect Reilly Walsh not among the invites. Somewhat surprising, considering he nearly made the team last winter.

ETA:  Mike Morreale ‏Verified account @mikemorrealeNHL 

Here's U.S. National Jr Team general manager John Vanbiesbrouck on why Harvard D-man Reilly Walsh (NJD), one of the last players cut from last year's team, was not part of the USA select camp roster ...

image.thumb.png.ca96390255869940619164cd32b742f1.png

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 1