2018-19 Prospects Thread

LittleBallofHate

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Did anyone else find Ty incredibly hard to understand? When he started talking fast, it was like a foreign language. What the hell kind of accent is that??

Also, if you mess up the name "Ty Smith", you should lose your announcing job. 

He sounds like a Canadian muppet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Did anyone else find Ty incredibly hard to understand? When he started talking fast, it was like a foreign language. What the hell kind of accent is that??

Also, if you mess up the name "Ty Smith", you should lose your announcing job. 

I can understand him. Maybe it's an age thing.

Rough weekend for Mac...gave up nine goals in 2 games over the weekend with Bingo.  Season save% there down to .906.  Not worried about him...he largely looked good up here, and he's on one of the worst teams in the AHL. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Rough weekend for Mac...gave up nine goals in 2 games over the weekend with Bingo.  Season save% there down to .906.  Not worried about him...he largely looked good up here, and he's one of the worst teams in the AHL. 

Something I hadn't really thought of as well until recently when I was listening to 31 Thoughts, a lot of goalies say it's actually a bit easier in some respects playing in the NHL than the AHL in terms of having the game be more predictable. When you have a blue line full of NHLers in front of you you can generally predict where most of your shots are gonna come from and there's less randomness to some of the plays in comparison to how some plays develop in the minors. As long as Blackwood still has his technical abilities like his positioning and athleticism I wouldn't be massively concerned about him.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

All About the Jersey Prospect update: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2019/2/26/18238589/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-2-26-19

Walsh and Davies are both hot. They will both likely end up with more points than Will Butcher did in any of his 4 years in college. 

I'd like to see them Sign Davies this year after his season is up, burn a year of his ELC and get him here now.  Kid is already 22.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CMONPETEYD said:

I'd like to see them Sign Davies this year after his season is up, burn a year of his ELC and get him here now.  Kid is already 22.  

Yeah totally agree. Obviously other moves to be made so kind of a pointless exercise (but since this year is over the future is just about all we have to discuss) a fast-forward 2 year defense: 

Smith-Severson

Butcher-Vatanen (if signed)

Davies-Walsh

Now having all of your D be on the small side might not be ideal, but it is kind of the way the league is trending....

14 hours ago, Crisis said:

Do players often leave Harvard with a year left to graduate?  I feel like it may be worth sticking the extra year for a diploma.

That’s dangerous. We risk losing them as free agents like Kerfoot. But it’s not our choice really and there are so many spots up for grabs on our defense that it makes sense for them to want sign with us anyway. 

Just now, Jerzey said:

That’s dangerous. We risk losing them as free agents like Kerfoot. But it’s not our choice really and there are so many spots up for grabs on our defense that it makes sense for them to want sign with us anyway

Walsh is a better prospect than Kerfoot too in my opinion, so hopefully that means he's more inclined to leave early. I mean unless Walsh is a complete detriment in the defensive zone he's putting up as good offensive stats than Kerfoot did as a forward. 

GP    G   A    PTS

Kerfoot F:     25    8    6    14

Walsh F:       33    7    13    20

Kerfoot SO:  33    4    30    34

Walsh SO:    27    10    18    28

Interesting Athletic article about Davies... obviously he's focused on his college hockey team right now and isn't thinking beyond what they can accomplish this year. 

Nice to hear his coach is tight with a few of the Devils brass, if that even means anything (can't hurt right?). 

For those that have a subscription: https://theathletic.com/843208/2019/02/28/he-can-pull-people-out-of-their-seats-how-prospect-jeremy-davies-has-grown-ahead-of-important-devils-decision/

16 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Interesting Athletic article about Davies... obviously he's focused on his college hockey team right now and isn't thinking beyond what they can accomplish this year. 

Nice to hear his coach is tight with a few of the Devils brass, if that even means anything (can't hurt right?). 

For those that have a subscription: https://theathletic.com/843208/2019/02/28/he-can-pull-people-out-of-their-seats-how-prospect-jeremy-davies-has-grown-ahead-of-important-devils-decision/

Yeah..It is not mentioned in the article, but the fact that Davies is a 22 year old junior also leads me to believe he will sign rather than stay for his senior year...He is going to be the Van Wilder of that campus if he stays...