2018-19 Prospects Thread

LittleBallofHate

Not necessarily (re: signing elsewhere but maybe - I heard he grew up a NYR fan): 

Pierre LeBrun‏ Verified account @PierreVLeBrun  Hurricanes GM Don Waddell says just now that his understanding remains that Adam Fox has not yet decided.

Also please keep in mind that Walsh has paid his own way to come to all our camps - many college kids don't. So has Davies (since people will start worrying about him soon too). 

And this week's prospect update: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2019/3/26/18279835/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-3-26-19

• Like 1

Interesting article on 'Minnesota nice' guy & Joey Anderson's best bud, Matt Hellickson, aka Andy Greene 2.0?  https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/in-the-pipeline-matt-hellickson/c-306275326

ETA: Might as well post this Xavier Bernard article from earlier this week - not as interesting but still a good read if you're interested in the prospect: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/in-the-pipeline-xavier-bernard/c-306180338

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 1

Great quote from Penn State's head coach on Talvitie: “That being said, he’s a special athlete and a special team player. I’m really looking forward to have him all year next year and I feel he will get better and better. I thought he was really coming on and obviously the tournament he had, everyone could see how effective he is. The whole team is giddy to have him for a whole year… But I can’t attribute our lack of going to the tournament to one player.”

That quote & more prospects updates can be found here: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2019/4/2/18289648/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-4-2-19

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 7:22 PM, Toasterleavins said:

Just saw Adam fox is going to stay at Harvard and forgo signing with carolina to become a ufa. That trade is becoming brutal for Carolina. 

And makes me worry about Walsh a bit. 

Brutal for Carolina? How is that? Lindholm turned out to be good-Hanafin-5-28 Hamilton 18/ 19  Ferland  17/23 I wouldn't mind either Hamilton or Ferland. I think Calgary knew Fox wasn't signing, as did Canes. 

Anyone concerned there is no rumblings from either side about Davies?  Nothing from Ray and nothing from Davies.  This is how it went with Kerfoot, and Kerfoot wasn't as regarded as Davies.

Walsh, I am not concerned for, he needs 1 more year of seasoning.

Devils should trade for Fox's rights and then bring him and Walsh on together!

1 hour ago, CMONPETEYD said:

Anyone concerned there is no rumblings from either side about Davies?  Nothing from Ray and nothing from Davies.  This is how it went with Kerfoot, and Kerfoot wasn't as regarded as Davies.

Walsh, I am not concerned for, he needs 1 more year of seasoning.

Devils should trade for Fox's rights and then bring him and Walsh on together!

It's pretty well known Fox has his heart set on going to the Rangers, hopefully the Rangers trade for him and have to give up assets and then Reilly can take over his PP QB duties at Harvard.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

It's pretty well known Fox has his heart set on going to the Rangers, hopefully the Rangers trade for him and have to give up assets and then Reilly can take over his PP QB duties at Harvard.

You also hear he'd play for a team in the "New York area" so I guess there's some hope.

3 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Brutal for Carolina? How is that? Lindholm turned out to be good-Hanafin-5-28 Hamilton 18/ 19  Ferland  17/23 I wouldn't mind either Hamilton or Ferland. I think Calgary knew Fox wasn't signing, as did Canes. 

Lindholm is having his best season yet. Ferland is decent but I have never been a huge fan and I think Hamilton is overrated. 

And there's this quote from the canes regarding Fox's value and the trade:

"We're really high on Adam Fox. He's a premier offensive defenseman at Harvard," Waddell said. "We think his upside is tremendous. That's a key piece as we move forward."

Well that key piece isn't signing in Carolina now.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm not going to completely succumb to the hype, but it's starting to appear we lucked into a mid-round STEAL with Smith.

Obviously has to prove it at the NHL level, but.. man I'm psyched to see him play.

Looking back at that first round it’s crazy how deep that draft was at defense. Ty was the 5th defenseman taken. 

• Like 1

Last prospects update of the year: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2019/4/23/18511813/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-4-23-19

Last week's too since I think I forgot to post it: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2019/4/16/18311242/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-4-16-19

Many thanks to Brian Franken for writing these (Feisty)! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I'm really surprised Studenic didn't get a call up as he had a pretty good first season. I believe he's going to be a pretty good bottom six player at the NHL level.

I just look forward to yelling STOOOOOD every time he has the puck. 😛🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aitchmack said:

I'm really surprised Studenic didn't get a call up as he had a pretty good first season. I believe he's going to be a pretty good bottom six player at the NHL level.

Think he tailed off sharply after a very good start.  Much like Bratt’s first season with the big club.