2018-19 Prospects Thread

LittleBallofHate

5 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Zetterlund and Maltsev both signed to ELC's, nice to see Maltsev coming over from Russia since that was somewhat of an unknown.

"Fabian Zetterlund" is an awesome name. Mine is so boring by comparison. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

That we have Nico, Hall, Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, Butcher, Smith, and Palms to put on the powerplay is incredible. Watch Nasreddine fvck it up anyway.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah, you still never know though. The Blackhawks had a terrible PP SOMEHOW even with Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith etc etc

What a positive pair you two aren't!.........................................................................You're probably right though.

18 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

What a positive pair you two aren't!.........................................................................You're probably right though.

Well it's not about being negative. It's just about setting up proper expectations lol

Not sure if you paid attention but i was super calm all season and wouldn't be upset if we'd lose cause i knew we overachieved the year before and figured we wouldn't make the playoffs and that we were still in the middle of our rebuilt.

Then look at anyone who lost their sh!t on a daily basis... mostly all fans who had some sort of expectations that we'd be competitive this year.

It's quite important to set proper expectations haha

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Well it's not about being negative. It's just about setting up proper expectations lol

Not sure if you paid attention but i was super calm all season and wouldn't be upset if we'd lose cause i knew we overachieved the year before and figured we wouldn't make the playoffs and that we were still in the middle of our rebuilt.

Then look at anyone who lost their sh!t on a daily basis... mostly all fans who had some sort of expectations that we'd be competitive this year.

I certainly expected to be better than we were, but it took a historic run by Hall to get us in the playoffs by one point the previous season. I was expecting to be in that borderline area again, not in the toilet. 

If we have a healthy Hall, a more experienced Nico, Ty Smith, plus the #1 pick, I think we should be there again. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I certainly expected to be better than we were, but it took a historic run by Hall to get us in the playoffs by one point the previous season. I was expecting to be in that borderline area again, not in the toilet. 

If we have a healthy Hall, a more experienced Nico, Ty Smith, plus the #1 pick, I think we should be there again. 

oh yeah i feel we should be close to 2 years ago. We're a better team overall on paper but it will depends on what other teams are doing too. Again that year we made the playoffs, the panthers were better than us by the end of the year but they dug themselves a hole early and we made it by like a point

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know, I was having a very light hearted dig. I'm sure expections will be high next season with having the #1 pick but unless Shero adds a few more pieces and the team gels from the off it may well be another season of struggle next year.

5 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I know, I was having a very light hearted dig. I'm sure expections will be high next season with having the #1 pick but unless Shero adds a few more pieces and the team gels from the off it may well be another season of struggle next year.

yeah for sure. thing is there's a first overall pick every season and other teams are getting better too lol 

But teams like Colombus will likely take a big hit and won't be as good as they were last season, MTL also overachieved i believed, they came really close to make it this year... the Red Wings will suck... The Rangers will likely be just about the same or maybe a little better... Florida will likely land Panarin and they have a great core so they'll be better etc etc

37 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

How Poor Fashion Choices Cost Me an NHL Contract: The Jocktan Chainey Story

I can't fathom how a guy named "Jocktan" would not be called "Jockstrap" in the locker room. I tried to work it out, but I totally would have called that dude Jockstrap all day long. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Devils have signed forward prospect Jesper Boqvist (No. 36, 2017 Draft) to a 3-year, entry-level contract. Boqvist had a solid season (13-22-35 in 51 gms for Brynas in the SHL) after breaking wrist in 2017-18.

• Like 3

What a tremendous young core we have developing. Even without winning the next Patrick Kane in the draft lottery, I would have been (and still am) absolutely over the moon to see Ty Smith and Boqvist suit up. Also would be very interested to see Nico, Bratt, Butcher, Anderson, Blackwood take the next step. Great time to be a Devils fan!

• Like 5