Sign in to follow this  
LittleBallofHate

2018-19 Prospects Thread

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

To be fair, a lot of the bolded are D-men while Whitney was a forward.

Whitney is just one of those guys who consistently put up good to very good numbers each year, just never was a star or had that one or more monster seasons.  Nothing wrong with that but I think he is a fringe HHOF at best.

That’s definitely true, you can’t really compare the two. But it was interesting to note when looking at the list. His PPG was higher than I expected it to be  that’s definitely true, you can’t really compare the two. But it was interesting to note when looking at the list. His PPG was higher than I expected it to be.

As far as the Hall of Fame goes, I think he’s on the outside looking in, but there’s the possibility of a week year and he sneaks in.

Been running around lately and haven't been able to update this much.  Thankfully, I see people are posting about the B-Devs in another thread (News & Notes) so I'll keep that part short - here's an October wrap-up:  http://insideahlhockey.com/article/october-overview-binghamton-devils

And here's the Prospects Update, thanks to Brian Franken: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2018/10/30/18035548/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-10-30-18

Ty Smith's stat line currently sits at 21 points in 13 games, which as a defenseman is just so exciting. I think we got something real special here guys, I think Smith is gonna be that player when people look back at the 2018 Draft they say, "How the hell did he fall all the way down to 17th?" His skating, offensive instincts, and decision making are all top notch, still maintain he was a top 10 talent in last year's draft and I'm just so stoked this kid is a Devil.

• Like 5

Damn, 21 points in 13 games is what you want to see from your top 10 forward pick. I only wish he was allowed to play in the AHL this season. I doubt he'll get much out of playing at the junior level after dominating like that.

Probably should have posted this sooner but Bingo's game is on a free Facebook feed tonight. Currently 2-0 Bing over baby flyers, end of 1st period. Lack is in net. Gignac & Schmelzer scored.

ETA: Bingo won in OT, 4-3. McLeod scored after my initial post, as did Colton White (see beaut 2 posts down - it deserved it's own post!). 

McLeod's goal (he's looking more comfy as the season goes along): 

Edited by LittleBallofHate
final score update
  • Like 1

A couple things I noticed about some of our prospects:

Jesper Boqvist is doing pretty well this season in the SHL, after a slow start. 11 points in 14 games.

Davies and Walsh are off to strong starts. Walsh scored twice in his first game this season. Davies with 7 points in his first 6.

It's a small sample size, but Xavier Bernard looks to be developing his offensive game this season with 10 points in 16 games.

Talvitie has 1 point per game in his first five in his first season with Penn State.

• Like 1

THIS GOAL deserves a post of it's own but I'll throw in that Bingo won last night in OT - this was the game winner. COLTON WHITE, ladies & gents: 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

THIS GOAL deserves a post of it's own but I'll throw in that Bingo won last night in OT - this was the game winner. COLTON WHITE, ladies & gents: 

Sassy Molassy.jpg

On 11/3/2018 at 5:35 AM, nessus said:

A couple things I noticed about some of our prospects:

Jesper Boqvist is doing pretty well this season in the SHL, after a slow start. 11 points in 14 games.

Davies and Walsh are off to strong starts. Walsh scored twice in his first game this season. Davies with 7 points in his first 6.

It's a small sample size, but Xavier Bernard looks to be developing his offensive game this season with 10 points in 16 games.

Talvitie has 1 point per game in his first five in his first season with Penn State.

10 ES points for Boqvist, he's been great. 

• Like 2

McLeod getting back on track in the AHL would be great and would dampen the blow of Zacha trending down. Similar numbers in the OHL. Would obviously be ideal if they both become NHL caliber players, but if one of them can be the future 2C it would make the failure of the other more palatable. 

Edited by Steadevils
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Steadevils said:

McLeod getting back on track in the AHL would be great and would dampen the blow of Zacha trending down. Similar numbers in the OHL. Would obviously be ideal if they both become NHL caliber players, but if one of them can be the future 2C it would make the failure of the other more palatable. 

We've also got Boqvist in the pipeline as a C, hopefully. :evil:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

We've also got Boqvist in the pipeline as a C, hopefully. :evil:

Always good to have a C in your pipeline. 

Wait, what???

• Haha 1

Whatever happened to blake speers, 1 goal in 10 games, was well praised by big club few years back. 

5 hours ago, ilzz89 said:

Whatever happened to blake speers, 1 goal in 10 games, was well praised by big club few years back. 

Sad, and he probably might be a dud for all we know. We all want to believe the hype.  I watched a lil of Russia vs. WHL last night and they had a segment on our Ty Smith. This kid thinks this game so well and has great vision.

• Thanks 1

Neat tidbit ... though Ty's not going to stay at the top long, as he's going to Russia to play for Hockey Canada at the 2018 IIHF U18 World Championship. 

Will Scouch‏ @Scouching 

Here's a fun fact using an early data dump of even strength production. Using NHLeScore, the Top-5 across the CHL, USHL and AHL? Ty Smith (NJD) - 24.7 Kirby Dach ('19) - 23.6 Matt Struthers (Und.) - 23.6 Daemon Hunt ('20) - 23.4 Bowen Byram ('19) - 23.3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Neat tidbit ... though Ty's not going to stay at the top long, as he's going to Russia to play for Hockey Canada at the 2018 IIHF U18 World Championship. 

Will Scouch‏ @Scouching 

Here's a fun fact using an early data dump of even strength production. Using NHLeScore, the Top-5 across the CHL, USHL and AHL? Ty Smith (NJD) - 24.7 Kirby Dach ('19) - 23.6 Matt Struthers (Und.) - 23.6 Daemon Hunt ('20) - 23.4 Bowen Byram ('19) - 23.3

I can't wait for this kid to get here next year. I am definitely getting the impression he is going to be our first mid draft steal in a long LONG time.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 2

Quenneville still a prospect? If not, apologize for posting this here. I was never high on Quenneville until very recently. I actually really liked the game he played right before he was sent down, which started the turnaround of my opinion. He didn't score but he won some pucks and created chances. Then came the 'Spittin Chiclets' interview with Hall where Hall talked highly of Quenneville as being a great locker room guy and just being a guy who was high energy and loved the game. Now he is down in the Bing fighting for a call up and he just scored a goal in their matinee game and certainly looks like he has maintained that same love of the game spirit that Hall talked about in the interview with his celly. (link to the goal: https://twitter.com/BingDevils/status/1060206502429057024

Edited by Steadevils

Quenneville with a goal and Zacha with an assist so far today.

• Like 1

Zacha with 2 assists and 3 shots in Bingos' 7-3 loss to Bridgeport today. That gives him 3 A in 3 games with 9 shots.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

Zacha with 2 assists and 3 shots in Bingos' 7-3 loss to Bridgeport today. That gives him 3 A in 3 games with 9 shots.

Nice. Hopefully some goals will follow.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nice. Hopefully some goals will follow.

I'm with you, at least he's getting some points and getting the puck on net. No doubt the goals will come. Just getting points and being to shoot a lot must be good for his confidence.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

It has only been two games actually. It makes those stats look even better!