2018-19 Prospects Thread

LittleBallofHate

Would be nice to see some real prospect Arrival Rankings somewhere.  

Something like this:

Smith: '19-20

Boqvist: '19-20

McLeod: '19-20

Studenic: '19-20/'20-21

Davies: '20-21 

Talvatie: '21-22

Walsh: '21-22

What do you guys think of the above?  Any changes?  

Edited by CMONPETEYD

2 hours ago, devlman said:

McLeod has been playing well down in Bing. Very excited to see him up here next season. Not sure why he hasn’t been called up to finish the season here and get some experience. All-Star potential. 

Pump your brakes there :lol:

I don't follow the Bing at all, what has made you think he has NHL all star potential...?  I mean I hope you're right obviously but he hasn't shown a thing in the NHL yet.

Very glad Pop's made his way back over to N.A. - he seemed to be getting lost in the Russian leagues. At least they'll be able to keep an eye on him and give him playing time - so many call ups & injuries they could use an extra body. 3rd line RW maybe? 

Nice article on Xavier Bernard: https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/sports/hockey/xavier-bernard-comes-full-circle-281874/#.XGIJXpDhFtE.twitter

And this week's prospects update: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2019/2/12/18221070/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-2-12-19?utm_campaign=allaboutthejersey&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

ETA: In case you don't want to read the whole prospects updated, I'm editing this post to add this part about Ty Smith: 

Great news on the Ty Smith front! First, he didn’t miss any games after leaving last Saturday’s contest against Portland after falling awkwardly on a hit. Secondly, it appears he is out of his mini “slump”. In 3 games last week he had 5 assists (3 EV, 2 PP), +1, and 13 shots. His 52 assists are good for 3rd overall in the WHL and is top among the defensemen. His 56 points are 2nd among WHL defensemen however he has put that up in 43 games while the leader, Dawson Davidson, has put up 61 points in 55 games.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CMONPETEYD said:

Would be nice to see some real prospect Arrival Rankings somewhere.  

Something like this:

Smith: '19-20

Boqvist: '19-20

McLeod: '19-20

Studenic: '19-20/'20-21

Davies: '20-21 

Talvatie: '21-22

Walsh: '21-22

What do you guys think of the above?  Any changes?  

I could see Davies making it in '19-20. Our defense has the most holes to fill. Wish one of smith/davies were right handed.

Smith-severson

Butcher-Vatanen

Greene-Davies

21 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Very glad Pop's made his way back over to N.A. - he seemed to be getting lost in the Russian leagues. At least they'll be able to keep an eye on him and give him playing time - so many call ups & injuries they could use an extra body. 3rd line RW maybe? 

My thoughts exactly. No doubting the guys got talent but seems like he's been struggling to take the next step. Hopefully with a bit of nurturing he'll start to progress.

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Pump your brakes there :lol:

I don't follow the Bing at all, what has made you think he has NHL all star potential...?  I mean I hope you're right obviously but he hasn't shown a thing in the NHL yet.

His point production at every stage of his career. Very good +/- rating in Bing. Great natural speed and hands. Loads of potential.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, devlman said:

McLeod has been playing well down in Bing. Very excited to see him up here next season. Not sure why he hasn’t been called up to finish the season here and get some experience. All-Star potential. 

Cause the development of Drew Stafford heading into a contract year is much much more important. We also need Gabriel’s 7 PIMs a game too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

What’s the medal for? Is that like their version of a hard hat/camo jacket or something? 

Also, lol at that idiot messing up his name. 

Did anyone else find Ty incredibly hard to understand? When he started talking fast, it was like a foreign language. What the hell kind of accent is that??

Also, if you mess up the name "Ty Smith", you should lose your announcing job. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Did anyone else find Ty incredibly hard to understand? When he started talking fast, it was like a foreign language. What the hell kind of accent is that??

Also, if you mess up the name "Ty Smith", you should lose your announcing job. 

• Haha 1