Jump to content

2018-19 Prospects Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aarne Talvitie captains Finland to a WJC gold medal over USA. 

Jesper Boqvist midseason Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snd6PWLxpHE&feature=youtu.be   and an article on his season to date: https://www.eprinkside.com/2019/1/2/for-boqv

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

Thats just 2 hours from where i live. I wish i could of went to catch a few games of that series

That being said Halifax played Moncton the round before which is... exactly where i live and i didnt get to see a game either lol

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Zetterlund and Maltsev both signed to ELC's, nice to see Maltsev coming over from Russia since that was somewhat of an unknown.

"Fabian Zetterlund" is an awesome name. Mine is so boring by comparison. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i just realized that the Defenseman of the year award is across all the junior leagues. Not only in the WHL. Well that's cool

Smith, Hughes and Hall on the same PP is a very appealing thought.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Smith, Hughes and Hall on the same PP is a very appealing thought.

That we have Nico, Hall, Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, Butcher, Smith, and Palms to put on the powerplay is incredible. Watch Nasreddine fvck it up anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Smith, Hughes and Hall on the same PP is a very appealing thought.

yeah, you still never know though. The Blackhawks had a terrible PP SOMEHOW even with Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith etc etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

That we have Nico, Hall, Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, Butcher, Smith, and Palms to put on the powerplay is incredible. Watch Nasreddine fvck it up anyway.

 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah, you still never know though. The Blackhawks had a terrible PP SOMEHOW even with Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith etc etc

What a positive pair you two aren't!.........................................................................You're probably right though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

What a positive pair you two aren't!.........................................................................You're probably right though.

Well it's not about being negative. It's just about setting up proper expectations lol

Not sure if you paid attention but i was super calm all season and wouldn't be upset if we'd lose cause i knew we overachieved the year before and figured we wouldn't make the playoffs and that we were still in the middle of our rebuilt.

Then look at anyone who lost their sh!t on a daily basis... mostly all fans who had some sort of expectations that we'd be competitive this year.

It's quite important to set proper expectations haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Well it's not about being negative. It's just about setting up proper expectations lol

Not sure if you paid attention but i was super calm all season and wouldn't be upset if we'd lose cause i knew we overachieved the year before and figured we wouldn't make the playoffs and that we were still in the middle of our rebuilt.

Then look at anyone who lost their sh!t on a daily basis... mostly all fans who had some sort of expectations that we'd be competitive this year.

It's quite important to set proper expectations haha

I certainly expected to be better than we were, but it took a historic run by Hall to get us in the playoffs by one point the previous season. I was expecting to be in that borderline area again, not in the toilet. 

If we have a healthy Hall, a more experienced Nico, Ty Smith, plus the #1 pick, I think we should be there again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I certainly expected to be better than we were, but it took a historic run by Hall to get us in the playoffs by one point the previous season. I was expecting to be in that borderline area again, not in the toilet. 

If we have a healthy Hall, a more experienced Nico, Ty Smith, plus the #1 pick, I think we should be there again. 

oh yeah i feel we should be close to 2 years ago. We're a better team overall on paper but it will depends on what other teams are doing too. Again that year we made the playoffs, the panthers were better than us by the end of the year but they dug themselves a hole early and we made it by like a point

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well it's not about being negative. It's just about setting up proper expectations lol

Not sure if you paid attention but i was super calm all season and wouldn't be upset if we'd lose cause i knew we overachieved the year before and figured we wouldn't make the playoffs and that we were still in the middle of our rebuilt.

Then look at anyone who lost their sh!t on a daily basis... mostly all fans who had some sort of expectations that we'd be competitive this year.

It's quite important to set proper expectations haha

I know, I was having a very light hearted dig. I'm sure expections will be high next season with having the #1 pick but unless Shero adds a few more pieces and the team gels from the off it may well be another season of struggle next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I know, I was having a very light hearted dig. I'm sure expections will be high next season with having the #1 pick but unless Shero adds a few more pieces and the team gels from the off it may well be another season of struggle next year.

yeah for sure. thing is there's a first overall pick every season and other teams are getting better too lol 

But teams like Colombus will likely take a big hit and won't be as good as they were last season, MTL also overachieved i believed, they came really close to make it this year... the Red Wings will suck... The Rangers will likely be just about the same or maybe a little better... Florida will likely land Panarin and they have a great core so they'll be better etc etc

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

How Poor Fashion Choices Cost Me an NHL Contract: The Jocktan Chainey Story

I can't fathom how a guy named "Jocktan" would not be called "Jockstrap" in the locker room. I tried to work it out, but I totally would have called that dude Jockstrap all day long. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.