LittleBallofHate

2018-19 Prospects Thread

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

He’ll be re-entering the draft.

He was a 7th round pick in 2017...can't imagine he gets picked again.

The Devils have signed forward prospect Jesper Boqvist (No. 36, 2017 Draft) to a 3-year, entry-level contract. Boqvist had a solid season (13-22-35 in 51 gms for Brynas in the SHL) after breaking wrist in 2017-18.

• Like 3

What a tremendous young core we have developing. Even without winning the next Patrick Kane in the draft lottery, I would have been (and still am) absolutely over the moon to see Ty Smith and Boqvist suit up. Also would be very interested to see Nico, Bratt, Butcher, Anderson, Blackwood take the next step. Great time to be a Devils fan!

• Like 5

Very excited to see Boqvist this year or next.  He seems like he'll fit in very nicely to the system we've established.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I posted it in the off-season thread this morning, but Boqvist signed his entry level deal. Here’s a Q&A he did with Amanda: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/feature-qa-with-jesper-boqvist/c-307786706

Seems like a good and cool young kid.  It's nice to see guys who are excited and will probably be grateful, humble, and hungry.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I posted it in the off-season thread this morning, but Boqvist signed his entry level deal. Here’s a Q&A he did with Amanda: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/feature-qa-with-jesper-boqvist/c-307786706

Amanda's real interview:

Amanda: Who do you think you are?

JB: I'm Jesper

Amanda: What gives you the right?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Amanda's real interview:

Amanda: Who do you think you are?

JB: I'm Jesper

Amanda: What gives you the right?

Image result for the office death stare

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

http://devilsinthedetails.net/features/2019/7/24/the-kid-from-the-pizza-shop-nikola-pasics-journey-to-the-nhl-entry-draft

Really solid article on Pasic, I didn't really notice him playing alongside Boqvist at camp but playing in the Allsvenskan, he should develop in a quality league, hopefully like Bratt who was in a similar position.

Edit: Two thing that gets ignored quite a bit when a player get drafted is PIM and +- . Since 2016 he is a +45 and 14 PIM in 172 games. If he makes the NHL as a waterbug or as the next Bratt, he will probably draw many more PIM's than he takes. +- shows someone atleast attempting to be responsible or someone who possesses the puck.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I wish him all the luck in the world with his autobiography, “What Not to Name Your Child”.