Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

GDT: Sharks @ Devils 1:00 PM MSG+

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm pretty sure I remember reading an article about how he dresses up like a pirate and goes to Disneyland with his kids lol

That’s just his regular look, he probably adds an eye patch. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah those seats are a lot of fun, though obviously the better "see it all" views are from higher up.  What I love about the lower seats is being able to see and feel the sheer SPEED of the game.  Some of these guys can really friggin' fly. 

My daughter thought Burns was plenty scary...if he has kids, I'm pretty sure they never EVER do anything wrong in his presence.  I'm 48 and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do anything wrong in his presence either. 

My daughter thinks the Ric Flair stuff is hilarious.  I love when he throws in mini "woos" in mid-sentence.  Like DM84 alluded to (I was never into wrestling, but my younger brother was), I think RF is probably more endearing now than he ever was in his heyday. 

One thing that's really changed in the last 7-8 years or so is a lot of the Devils vids that are played before the game and during stoppages/intermissions are actually quite funny and clever.  A lot of the older stuff (especially the CAA days) felt kind of cringeworthy, almost a little embarrassing to watch.  It really feels like the Devils afford their fans a first-class experience at the arena, in almost every way (I would say the lone exception would be the condition of the bathrooms).  Lots of bells and whistles now, and in a good way.

Nothing beats the James Gandolfini crowd pump up as Tony Soprano, I wish they still played that one

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleBallofHate said:

OK, you peaked my curiousity so I found it: 

That's pretty damned cool, truly...that's the way to be a dad.  I love doing stuff with my family. 

16 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Nothing beats the James Gandolfini crowd pump up as Tony Soprano, I wish they still played that one

I remember years ago, during a Devils-Flyers playoff series game at the Rock (I forget which series), they played that classic clip of Rocky running down the streets of Philly, with all of these kids trailing him, "Gonna Fly Now" blasting...sure, everyone kind of likes Rocky, but for a moment I was like "Don't they realize Rocky's from Philadelphia?!  Why are they playing THAT?"  Just as I was thinking that, the clip turned into a montage of Rocky getting the absolute piss whaled out of him by Apollo, Mr. T, Drago...it was friggin' hysterical, and absolutely killer editing.  That's a clip I would LOVE to see played every time the Devils take on the Flyers.  That whole thing made me laugh harder than any other vid played on the center screen during a Devils game. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's pretty damned cool, truly...that's the way to be a dad.  I love doing stuff with my family. 

I remember years ago, during a Devils-Flyers playoff series game at the Rock (I forget which series), they played that classic clip of Rocky running down the streets of Philly, with all of these kids trailing him, "Gonna Fly Now" blasting...sure, everyone kind of likes Rocky, but for a moment I was like "Don't they realize Rocky's from Philadelphia?!  Why are they playing THAT?"  Just as I was thinking that, the clip turned into a montage of Rocky getting the absolute piss whaled out of him by Apollo, Mr. T, Drago...it was friggin' hysterical, and absolutely killer editing.  That's a clip I would LOVE to see played every time the Devils take on the Flyers.  That whole thing made me laugh harder than any other vid played on the center screen during a Devils game. 

I know exactly which Rocky clip you mean and I believe they still do that when Philly plays us at the Rock.  The entire second half of the clip all you see if Rocky getting battered beyond recognition.  That's def in the top 5 clips they have ever done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I know exactly which Rocky clip you mean and I believe they still do that when Philly plays us at the Rock.  The entire second half of the clip all you see if Rocky getting battered beyond recognition.  That's def in the top 5 clips they have ever done.

Awesome!  Just made me realize how long it's been since I've seen a Devils-Flyers game at the Rock...too long.  Gotta rectify that this season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Awesome!  Just made me realize how long it's been since I've seen a Devils-Flyers game at the Rock...too long.  Gotta rectify that this season...

Haha yeah it's been a while too but I do remember seeing that clip multiple times.  I think it ends with the scene where Rocky falls flat on his face after getting destroyed by Clubber Lang in their first match in Rocky III.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's pretty damned cool, truly...that's the way to be a dad.  I love doing stuff with my family. 

Agreed. Haven't done it, but i would. 

That's basically just him in a funny hat, though. Dude is a pirate 24/7, 365. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

OK, you peaked my curiousity so I found it: 

The weird thing for me is I forget how old he is. I always imagine if he shaves the beard off he's still 19 year old Brent Burns on the Wild lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. Haven't done it, but i would. 

That's basically just him in a funny hat, though. Dude is a pirate 24/7, 365. 

Yeah not even going to try to dispute the bolded, heh heh...he'd be fearsome as hell back in the real pirate days too, given his height.  Admittedly I would feel a little uncomfortable showing up at Disney like that at first (I was never comfortable with dressing up in costumes, even on Halloween as a kid), but if my daughter really wanted me to do it, I would absolutely get over myself for her benefit. 

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

The weird thing for me is I forget how old he is. I always imagine if he shaves the beard off he's still 19 year old Brent Burns on the Wild lol.

Image result for brett burns wild Hard to believe it's the same dude.  This Burns would probably run like hell from the 2018 Burns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah not even going to try to dispute the bolded, heh heh...he'd be fearsome as hell back in the real pirate days too, given his height.  Admittedly I would feel a little uncomfortable showing up at Disney like that at first (I was never comfortable with dressing up in costumes, even on Halloween as a kid), but if my daughter really wanted me to do it, I would absolutely get over myself for her benefit.

It's Disney, nobody would even bat an eye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It's Disney, nobody would even bat an eye. 

Oh I'm not suggesting otherwise...the issue is me.  Certain things have always made me feel very awkward and not comfortable in my own skin.  Tops on that list is dancing of any kind, heh heh.  Only cure seems to be copious amounts of alcohol.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.