GDT: Stars @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

There's "by the book" and then there's "practical application".  I've seen the puck cleared into the bench tons.. I mean it's got to be dozens if not hundreds of times.. without it being a penalty.

It's just not called.  Maybe the official thought Hall was being too cute here, but it just seems like a pretty nitpicky call imo.

It’s absolutely a nitpicky call. It’s like telling the teacher she forgot to assign homework. It’s a call a ref makes when he wants you to know he’s a fvcking dickhead, just so you know he won’t hesitate to fvck you over at any given time if you get too cute with sh!t. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

So the difference between this and the 47 times a puck ends up in the bench is a judgement call? 

Have you played hockey? You know how frequently a puck can catch an edge? 

I have never seen that called before in my life.

The intention is the difference here. He was in full possession with no pressure and clearly lobbed the puck toward the bench... and even if the puck skipped or wtv and missed his shot... i don't see a logical play he could have done there that he could have been attempting... was obviously not a pass...  or else he would have kept it on the ice to keep possession. 

He wanted to end the play to get a longer 5 on 3. Thats it. No biggie. There's no conspiracy against the devils. let's move on.

And yes i played hockey

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

The intention is the difference here. He was in full possession with no pressure and clearly lobbed the puck toward the bench... and even if the puck skipped or wtv and missed his shot... i don't see a logical play he could have done there that he could have been attempted there... was obviously not a pass...  or else he would have kept it on the ice to keep possession. 

He wanted to end the play to get a longer 5 on 3. Thats it. No biggie. There's no conspiracy against the devils. let's move on.

And yes i played hockey

DUDE WTF HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED HO...oh....

• Haha 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

The intention is the difference here. He was in full possession with no pressure and clearly lobbed the puck toward the bench... and even if the puck skipped or wtv and missed his shot... i don't see a logical play he could have done there that he could have been attempted there... was obviously not a pass...  or else he would have kept it on the ice to keep possession. 

And yes i played hockey

No one said there was a conspiracy against the Devils. The fact is, it was a nitpicky call a ref makes when he wants to be a fvcking douche for the sake of being a douche. It’s an ‘I’m in charge, and I’m reminding you of it’ call, like writing someone a speeding ticket for going 66 in a 65. It’s a call Jeremy Piven from Old School would make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

No one said there was a conspiracy against the Devils. The fact is, it was a nitpicky call a ref makes when he wants to be a fvcking douche for the sake of being a douche. It’s an ‘I’m in charge, and I’m reminding you of it’ call, like writing someone a speeding ticket for going 66 in a 65. It’s a call Jeremy Piven from Old School would make.

Well it's not as if you don't have a reputation for bitching after calls against us or anything lol 

Good period by the Devils.  I like the effort and pace so far.  Palms is killing it - maybe he wants to go for Hall's point streak from last year? :D

I knew about the rule of intentionally shooting the puck out of play, and surprised so many people here didn't.  Also surprised Hall didn't either lol.  I can't fault him though, I know what his idea was.  Oh well.

Let's keep it up in the second and play the same way.

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea well this one time I played open hockey with this dude who played with John Carlson when he was a kid. So yea,....take that.

Not for nothing, a guy on my beer league roller team played High School hockey against Andy Greene in Michigan.  

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well it's not as if you don't have a reputation for bitching after calls against us or anything lol 

Sure I bitch, when it’s warranted. In this case the rule was followed to the letter plus punctuation, and that sh!t’s for nerds. 😛

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1