GDT: Stars @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Stars kinda reminded me of the 2013 to 2016-17 Devils.  The ones that just couldn't seem to find the net no matter what.  They definitely had some good opportunities.

Palmieri only scored one goal instead of two. Come on man, you can do better. ;)

Wood vs. Benn was hysterical, both guys swinging so hard they couldn’t stay on their feet.

Also funny was the 2 on 1 at the end when Wood was skating as had as he could, and the guy jus slammed on the brakes and Wood went flying past him and they still had a 2 on 1. 

Probably Nico’s best game so far. 

Still nothing from Hall and Nico. Do we get worried? Not me. I didnt think we’d be 4-0 with nothing from those guys, yet here we are.

I hope Butcher is ok. 

Great game, we dominated. KK with some great saves towards the end. 

Bryce Salvador looks exactly like one of those giant inflatable tube man things with the wavy arms. 

While it's true that there've been extenuating circumstances in all the Devils' wins, they're still getting the W's pretty handily.  There's no reason the Stars couldn't've played better than this - they lost last night in Ottawa, true, but they didn't play all that well, Kinkaid did, and they also couldn't really get any breaks (except for Hall throwing the puck out).

So yeah, team looks great 5 on 5 and that penalty kill is also quite good.  I'd like to see Hischier off PP1 but I know that's probably not happening any time soon.  

Polak is garbage and Butcher's probably going to miss the next game at the very least.

Kenny said it at the end of the game, there will be tests ahead, but it's good to see they are banking these points early.  They will need them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Are the Devils the best team in the league? East? Division? Let's chat about that.  (I know their record is)

Let’s not get carried away. Toronto is certainly the team to beat in the East. Preds are off to a good start in the West. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Let’s not get carried away. Toronto is certainly the team to beat in the East. Preds are off to a good start in the West. 

Right, I am not dialed into the league as a whole...Toronto is #1 in the east, got it.  Where do we stand in the east?