GDT: Stars @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

10 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

This one time in high school I got head while playing NHL on Xbox, so.

EDIT: I also played growing up and currently play in a men’s league but that’s not nearly as cool if you ask me.

I played in HS and some college club hockey. Coached a little too back in the day. I’m basically Jacques Lemaire. 😛

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I played in HS and some college club hockey. Coached a little too back in the day. I’m basically Jacques Lemaire. 😛

I played hockey all the time, played video games all the time, and got head all the time. I was basically the Wayne Gretzky of high school. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

that's it. must have been all the big hits in high school...ya know, from a guy who actually played hockey...

So how did it feel to know that whenever you mixed it up with someone, that all 20 guys on their team were rooting for him to kick your ass, and all 20 guys on your team were rooting for him to kick your ass? 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I played hockey all the time, played video games all the time, and got head all the time. I was basically the Wayne Gretzky of high school. 

This one time, I was playing video game hockey and had just scored a goal, and then my mom asked me to assist her in the kitchen...while I was doing that, my younger brother turned off my game so he could watch TV, so I beat him up.  That would make me Gordie Howe.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

This one time in high school I got head while playing NHL on Xbox, so.

EDIT: I also played growing up and currently play in a men’s league but that’s not nearly as cool if you ask me.

I scanned this really quickly while scrolling down and for a second thought you got head in your men's league. By all means, that's fine if you did, it's 2018 baby lol

Edited by DJ Eco

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This one time, I was playing video game hockey and had just scored a goal, and then my mom asked me to assist her in the kitchen...while I was doing that, my younger brother turned off my game so he could watch TV, so I beat him up.  That would make me Gordie Howe.

Yup, that's a high school GH hat trick for sure. 

11 hours ago, SegaDevil said:

mikepeluso8 is the internet version of that one high school football kid who still wears his varsity jacket 10 years later when he goes out to Applebee's. Congrats bro 👍

unlikely. have reinvented myself 10x over since those days.  I currently live in Los Angeles and haven't referenced playing hockey in...5-6-7 years maybe?  That's for all you NJ folks to do when you're hanging out at the Menlo Park Mall...I can go all day kids.  Keep em coming.

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So how did it feel to know that whenever you mixed it up with someone, that all 20 guys on their team were rooting for him to kick your ass, and all 20 guys on your team were rooting for him to kick your ass? 

Not as likely, I was the captain.

Just now, mikepeluso8 said:

Not as likely, I was the captain.

Maybe that "C" stood for something else, and you just weren't in on the joke...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In conclusion, I am not this much of an a-hole, I only play one on the internet.  And, it's fun to poke a great deal of fun at the NJ Devils fan base because I can nearly guarantee you that 85% of the fan base has never stepped on the ice in a competitive hockey match, yet, somehow, many of you consider yourself "hockey experts" and you quickly take shots at "Facebook Devils fans"  (which I don't even know what that is because I don't use Facebook like you cosplayers)...carry on, as you were children...

Also, as you have your little Devils themed circle jerk, isn't it refreshing to have someone around here to spice things up a little bit and keep you on your toes? What would you do without me?

Edited by mikepeluso8

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I said...

45411387281_1ae62b32cc_b.jpg

Heh heh, I explained "Almost" to a bunch of people sitting in 123 on Opening Night, and all of them got a big kick out it...one said "Holy sh!t, that's so him, that's him to a T, goddamn!"  Told them that I couldn't take credit...

Finally got time to watch the DVR of the game:

love that Hall and Nico are still firing pucks at the net even though they’re not going in yet, especially Nico. Last thing we need is for him to be afraid to shoot just cause they’re not lighting the lamp.

as ugly as the scrap was, loved Wood’s scrap with Benn. Told him to not swing his stick at him then asked what’s he gonna do about it then went.

KK bailed out the defense a good number of times. Love seeing that. I think CR said it earlier in this thread or a different one, love the growth KK has made. Early in last season, I don’t think KK makes those saves.

Lastly, the redhead from those Ray Catena ads reminds me of Connie Britton in season 1 of American Horror Story.

Just now, jagknife said:

Finally got time to watch the DVR of the game:

love that Hall and Nico are still firing pucks at the net even though they’re not going in yet, especially Nico. Last thing we need is for him to be afraid to shoot just cause they’re not lighting the lamp.

as ugly as the scrap was, loved Wood’s scrap with Benn. Told him to not swing his stick at him then asked what’s he gonna do about it then went.

KK bailed out the defense a good number of times. Love seeing that. I think CR said it earlier in this thread or a different one, love the growth KK has made. Early in last season, I don’t think KK makes those saves.

Lastly, the redhead from those Ray Catena ads reminds me of Connie Britton in season 1 of American Horror Story.

Not worried in the slightest about Hall or Nico...they'll start to go in eventually.  Both guys are getting their chances. 

Yeah, KK seems to have found a higher level...he'll have to stay there to keep getting games...obviously not at a .961 level, but will have to play damned well to keep getting the majority of the starts.  Cory will have an inside track simply because he makes a lot of money.  Not saying that a white-hot KK can't hold him off, but he's probably in the same place that Cory was during Marty's last year...if KK has a shaky couple of games, and Cory plays well, then it becomes Cory's job to lose.  As much as I enjoy what KK's done, I'm not betroth to either goalie at this point...I'm rooting for whoever gives the Devils the best chance to win.  And I'm not about to write off Cory. 

And yeah, now that you mention it, you're right about the Ray Catena redhead, well done. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

unlikely. have reinvented myself 10x over since those days.  I currently live in Los Angeles and haven't referenced playing hockey in...5-6-7 years maybe?  That's for all you NJ folks to do when you're hanging out at the Menlo Park Mall...I can go all day kids.  Keep em coming.

You probably shouldn't have stopped at 10x...

So I guess this makes the Chargers the second-most hated entity in Los Angeles...

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You probably shouldn't have stopped at 10x...

So I guess this makes the Chargers the second-most hated entity in Los Angeles...

mmmmmmmm ever heard of TMZ, I am not so high on that list, trust me...High Bridge!  How is it this time of year?  Still have a serious heroin epidemic? Really unfortunate.

Clinton now, actually (since 2012)...just never updated my profile.  I forgot how drug-free and clean LA is...awesome. 

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

:e-drama: - Bringing the old school emoji out.

hahaha

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Clinton now, actually (since 2012)...just never updated my profile.  I forgot how drug-free and clean LA is...awesome. 

Clinton is cute.  Hopefully there's no meth there.

12 hours ago, SegaDevil said:

mikepeluso8 is the internet version of that one high school football kid who still wears his varsity jacket 10 years later when he goes out to Applebee's. Congrats bro 👍

Image result for adult varsity jacket I'll have the quesadilla.  BTW I used to play hockey...I was real real good...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

In conclusion, I am not this much of an a-hole, I only play one on the internet.  And, it's fun to poke a great deal of fun at the NJ Devils fan base because I can nearly guarantee you that 85% of the fan base has never stepped on the ice in a competitive hockey match, yet, somehow, many of you consider yourself "hockey experts" and you quickly take shots at "Facebook Devils fans"  (which I don't even know what that is because I don't use Facebook like you cosplayers)...carry on, as you were children...

Also, as you have your little Devils themed circle jerk, isn't it refreshing to have someone around here to spice things up a little bit and keep you on your toes? What would you do without me?

It's cute when you pretend to not know what Facebook is.

Also interesting you called it a "hockey match"

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Image result for adult varsity jacket I'll have the quesadilla.  BTW I used to play hockey...I was real real good...

I have a feeling he is more like Al Bundy.  Was a local HS football hero who still talks about it when he is in his 40's, broke, depressed and spends his entire day working at a women's shoe store for minimum wage.

dont-let-this-distract-you-from-the-the-

Edited by DevsMan84

24 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

What’s the appropriate gap in years where someone should stop wearing their varsity jacket?

asking for a friend. 

If you believe guys from my high school, sometime around never. I’ve seen people who graduated with me or around then still wearing theirs around town when i’m Back there a whole once a year and it’s been 15 freaking years.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1