GDT: Avalanche @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Just now, DJ Eco said:

Tricky tilt tonight. We're on a high and have beaten some really strong teams. I hope a little over-confidence doesn't creep in, "because it's Colorado." They're doing pretty well to start the season so far and it will be a tough matchup.

Colorado is a good team that made the playoffs last year. There shouldn’t be any overconfidence on our end. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Invisible Q vs obvious Stafford whiffing on prime chances in the slot....hmmmmm 🤔

Neither seem to be the answer so I really don't think giving it much thought is fruitful by any means.

The way that I see, both are basically keeping Bratt's spot warm when he eventually comes back in 1-1.5 weeks.

But just focusing on Q, yeah I haven't been really impressed by him so far.  It's hard to really say that his linemates are what is keeping him from finding success as Zajac and Wood still seem to be getting it done even if it means not on the scoreboard.  My wife didn't believe me on Tuesday during the 3rd period when I told her Q was playing as she swore she never saw him or heard his name even being called when he was on the ice.  I told her I barely remember him too but he was indeed in there.

He just seems to be one of those AAAA type of players.  McLeod looks to be heading that way too (unfortunately), but he has still some time.  This was Q's 5th season to do something and it just hasn't come together for him.

McLeod's AHL career is definitely off to a slow start, in the very early going (did pick up a point last night...now has 2 A in 10 AHL games), but yeah, still just 20 years old (turns 21 in February), and even better, the Devils aren't in any great rush for him to develop quickly right now...just keep giving him games at Bingo and hope he shows progress.  Depending on how both his and the Devils' seasons evolve, I could see him being dealt as part of a package for a key vet at or near the deadline, if Shero feels like the Devils are getting close to making some playoff noise.  Obviously that's a loooooooong way off for now.

With Q, it's like DM84 just said...in his fifth season and even though he came into camp in better shape and seemingly more focused, he just seems like a guy who's not going to do very much as an NHLer.  Some guys simply don't quite have it.  I didn't expect much from him up here, and I haven't seen much to make me think that I should start to.  I don't think he ever really fit heavily into Shero's plans anyway.    

17 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Sec 230 tonight ! Going with my daughter................... LGD

Related image

Heh heh, just realized...he's about 75% James Franco (we've all heard the Franco comments), but about 25% Aidan Quinn. 

Also kind of amusing to see this clip in three straight posts...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Get the feeling both Hall and Hischier find the net tonight.  LGD!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

McLeod's AHL career is definitely off to a slow start, in the very early going (did pick up a point last night...now has 2 A in 10 AHL games), but yeah, still just 20 years old (turns 21 in February), and even better, the Devils aren't in any great rush for him to develop quickly right now...just keep giving him games at Bingo and hope he shows progress.  Depending on how both his and the Devils' seasons evolve, I could see him being dealt as part of a package for a key vet at or near the deadline, if Shero feels like the Devils are getting close to making some playoff noise.  Obviously that's a loooooooong way off for now.

With Q, it's like DM84 just said...in his fifth season and even though he came into camp in better shape and seemingly more focused, he just seems like a guy who's not going to do very much as an NHLer.  Some guys simply don't quite have it.  I didn't expect much from him up here, and I haven't seen much to make me think that I should start to.  I don't think he ever really fit heavily into Shero's plans anyway.    

I feel if he could at the very least become a serviceable 4th line centre for when we decide to move on from Boyle. He's good defensively and fast so if he can at least bring that to the table

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I feel if he could at the very least become a serviceable 4th line centre for when we decide to move on from Boyle. He's good defensively and fast so if he can at least bring that to the table

Who?  Q?  He's a -33 in 101 AHL GP...obviously not the end-all be-all number to measure a guy by, but not sure if he's all that good defensively. 

I don’t get Stafford in tonight.  We already know what he is. Q being invisible means he also wasn’t making any glaring mistakes. I’d much rather give this time to Q or even let Lappin play until Bratt’s return.

Anyway, lets go Devils!

Edited by xxchaznjxx