GDT: Avalanche @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It truly is! I stole it from HF lol. Here’s another good one: 

So happy I don't read the GDT during the game most of the time. Game ends I go "Ah that's too bad, they played pretty good."     I come on here and you're all acting like we're the fvck

Posted Images

The fact that Butcher hasn't been ruled out or placed on IR or anything like that I think is encouraging that he'll play tonight.

I predicted KK with the shutout last game, let's see what I can do now.  I think he has another strong game, with 1 goal coming off some crappy bounce and bad luck.  Otherwise, I think we come out energized again and everything clicking, and we end the night with a 4-1 win.  Goals by Wood, Palmieri, Hall and Severson.

Let's Go Devils.

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The fact that Butcher hasn't been ruled out or placed on IR or anything like that I think is encouraging that he'll play tonight.

I predicted KK with the shutout last game, let's see what I can do now.  I think he has another strong game, with 1 goal coming off some crappy bounce and bad luck.  Otherwise, I think we come out energized again and everything clicking, and we end the night with a 4-1 win.  Goals by Wood, Palmieri, Hall and Severson.

Let's Go Devils.

I don't get that impression at all.  The reason why we haven't heard anything yet it because the Devils were off yesterday and that includes updates to the media.  We should hear after the morning skate at around 10:30-10:45 today.

I have a feeling he will be out for at least this game.

10 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I don't get that impression at all.  The reason why we haven't heard anything yet it because the Devils were off yesterday and that includes updates to the media.  We should hear after the morning skate at around 10:30-10:45 today.

I have a feeling he will be out for at least this game.

True, I didn't realize yesterday was an off day.  I wouldn't exactly be surprised if he were out for this game (or longer), I still think he's going to be able to suit up.  I think he left the game as a precaution and hopefully he was able to rest/recover the last day and a half.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

True, I didn't realize yesterday was an off day.  I wouldn't exactly be surprised if he were out for this game (or longer), I still think he's going to be able to suit up.  I think he left the game as a precaution and hopefully he was able to rest/recover the last day and a half.

Whenever players get hurt and it is bad enough that they'll be out for an extender period of time I want to say we hear about it fairly quick, especially if they leave the building(go to the hospital). Devsman84 is just being overly cautious with his optimism. If he had a concussion or broke something we'd know by now.

11 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Whenever players get hurt and it is bad enough that they'll be out for an extender period of time I want to say we hear about it fairly quick, especially if they leave the building(go to the hospital). Devsman84 is just being overly cautious with his optimism. If he had a concussion or broke something we'd know by now.

That's not always the case.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

That's not always the case.

Definitely not always the case, but to his point that's essentially what I was referring to with my original comment.  Feel like we would've heard something or got an update on his condition during the game.

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Definitely not always the case, but to his point that's essentially what I was referring to with my original comment.  Feel like we would've heard something or got an update on his condition during the game.

Obviously not always, but usually we do. I think we knew Sami had a concussion before that game against Tampa was even over.

• Like 1

Will be there with my daughter (Sec 19)...only way to get her used to these weeknight games is to keep taking her to weeknight games, heh heh.

Nice to be hitting up my third game of the year already...man did I miss hockey. 

LGMFD!

Just now, SterioDesign said:

my god im so godamn happy that Butcher is fine

You, Butcher, and everyone else involved with the Devils.  Yeah dodged a serious bullet on that one.  Glad he seems to be OK. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Per Stein, Stafford looks to be in for Q.

I don't mind this move.  Q has been invisible for stretches at a time so far.

Q had as good of a chance as he was ever going to get to make an impression, with Bratt missing games early on...can't say he's been bad, just hasn't done anything to stand out, that has anyone screaming "Let's see more of what this guy's got."  Likely the beginning of a semi-predictable path for him...as in, he's probably heading to Bingo within the next few weeks, if not sooner.  He might get a longer look if this was the 2014-15 Devils, but there's simply guys ahead of him on the depth chart.

That being said...Drew Friggin' Stafford?  Bleech. 

• Like 1

Tricky tilt tonight. We're on a high and have beaten some really strong teams. I hope a little over-confidence doesn't creep in, "because it's Colorado." They're doing pretty well to start the season so far and it will be a tough matchup.